Ashen Pathfinder

30 minutes ago, Starlightnyars said:

In my opinion, Hasbro never had a plan for this series, other than marketing, so I did not expect episodes like this to keep on coming out.

I have to agree; I think we'd have a more cohesive story about what happened between G-4 and G-5 that would be dribbled to us piece-by-piece as part of compelling and ongoing stories if Hasbro or the writers had a real plan for where G-5 is going.

That said, revealing this about Opaline's character is definitely a good watch and a good story, and if this is part of a new trend where the writers have wised up and decided to give G-5 some direction and decided to start giving us gradual revelations about the characters, setting, and conflict, then more power to them, I say!

• Brohoof 1

On 2023-04-23 at 2:09 AM, Fluttershutter said:

Seems like this one is well liked but I really wish they wouldn't turn Opaline into a silly villain. In MYM I thought she could be a real, interesting threat.

I think (and hope) she'll be a mixture of both silly and threatening like Queen Chrysalis.

Edited by Solar Power
  • Brohoof 2

8 hours ago, Solar Power said:

I think (and hope) she'll be a mixture of both silly and threatening like Queen Chrysalis.

I never thought Chrysalis was silly. She was the most genuinely scary character for FIM.

• Brohoof 2

(edited)
On 2023-04-30 at 2:26 AM, Fluttershutter said:

I never thought Chrysalis was silly. She was the most genuinely scary character for FIM.

She was constantly angry but I never found her scary - not like Sombra and Tirek. Those two were very sinister. At first anyway.

Chysalis especially in seasons 8 and 9 seemed more of a comedic villain at times.

Edited by Solar Power

Well this is interesting seeing what Opaline and Misty are up to sometimes. Interesting how she says to destroy something, and then proceeds to wear it... It is quite interesting to see how she is actually quite silly even when doe doesn't appear this way in font of Misty. I wonder what the lore is behind dragon fire magic. How is Opaline an alicorn if she doesn't have any magic? Though this does confuse her relation with Misty and what exactly Opaline wants from Misty...

• Brohoof 1