Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

In season 6 episode 17 "Dungeons and Discords" who are the ponies supposed to be in D&D?

WinterRaine

So I'm rewatching MLP:FiM I'm on S6 E17, the D&D episode and I've seen D&D things before but I can't shake this feeling that Discord is an actual D&D charecter from somewhere else...I mean the shows straight up gotten other references in other episodes of other seasons....One being a starwars references, few being harry potter and some others too...They did J Jonah Jameson from Spiderman and Snape from Harry Potter....

Screenshot_20231222_105245_Google.png

5 hours ago, WinterRaine said:

So I'm rewatching MLP:FiM I'm on S6 E17, the D&D episode and I've seen D&D things before but I can't shake this feeling that Discord is an actual D&D charecter from somewhere else...I mean the shows straight up gotten other references in other episodes of other seasons....One being a starwars references, few being harry potter and some others too...They did J Jonah Jameson from Spiderman and Snape from Harry Potter....

Screenshot_20231222_105245_Google.png

Looks like a reference to Legolas.

Spike - Mage(or Wizard, I don't play D&D so I don't know if they're the same or different classes here)
Big Mac - Warrior
Discord - Archer
Pinkie Pie - Bard
Rainbow Dash - Rogue

Their appearances are references to various classes in Dungeons & Dragons(which Hasbro also owns) and not much more. Discord's the only character who has a bit more to his appearance, with the long blonde hair probably being a reference to LOTR's Legolas

Edited by Megas

• 1 month later...