Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

S02:EP02 - Heavy is the Mane That Wears The Fruit Crown

DivineMist1000

Another really awesome episode from the new season of TYT! You can tell that the animation has been improved and they make better use of their five minutes too! :Cool-shades:

The costumes for the ponies were pretty awesome too, I especially loved Misty’s the most! :grin2:

I also really like how they show off now what the unique personality traits of each pony is, because it really helps flesh them out more! :izzy-oooh:

Here’s to more and more awesome episodes from S2!

• Brohoof 1

It's alright, definitely not on par with Icy Prints though. I thought it was weird how rainbow magic just gave Misty a costume despite the costume being cool and I hope the new Mane 6 don't start reminding us what their elements are in every single episode to magically solve a problem, especially if it's just for a fruit crown. :pip-err:

Also, where's Comet? :maud:

• Brohoof 2

3 hours ago, Misty Shadow said:

It's alright, definitely not on par with Icy Prints though. I thought it was weird how rainbow magic just gave Misty a costume despite the costume being cool and I hope the new Mane 6 don't start reminding us what their elements are in every single episode to magically solve a problem, especially if it's just for a fruit crown. :pip-err:

Also, where's Comet? :maud:

Agreed,although I found the episode partially entertaining I just feel a bit underwhelmed,hoping this is just them warming up or otherwise I'm gonna get worried :Sunny-huh:

• Brohoof 2

Misty and Izzy working together, I love that. They seem to be really leaning into the 6 elements thing so far. Makes me wonder if that won’t have some sort of payoff later in the season, or maybe they’re just doing it for the first few episodes. 

• Brohoof 1

They're really doubling down on these new elements huh?  And now they have strange new magic to go along with it.  I hope they go into how any of this works :derp:

• Brohoof 1

Again, Pinkerton in a single episode using the MLP theme with a much stronger presence than in the entire first season, that's great, I also liked the carnival themed variantions on the theme throughout the episode, but one detail made me extremely curious about the score in this episode, at 4:06-4:16, the MLP theme is used but with a excerpt of the leitmotif created by William Anderson for some of the early FiM episodes and "Twilight's Kingdom" (when Mane Six transform into those rainbow forms), It really surprised me, but I guess if it was real then Anderson would've been credited? Maybe it just sounds very similar, but it definitely didn't go unnoticed by me.

also, the International release of this episode was 1 day after the US release, new pattern or just a delay? I also wonder if any other international dub completely changed the voice cast.

• Brohoof 1

23 hours ago, Savygriffs said:

D'awww what a cute episode!

Pipp was totally iconic in this one, and Misty's outfit was so pretty!

Agreed

23 hours ago, Iforgotmybrain said:

Misty and Izzy working together, I love that. They seem to be really leaning into the 6 elements thing so far. Makes me wonder if that won’t have some sort of payoff later in the season, or maybe they’re just doing it for the first few episodes. 

That was my favorite scene from the episode especially since they reprised all for the love of trash!

• Hugs 1

It was a really funny episode with Pipp wearing the fruit crown but they really reused a song? Kinda seems lazy, but it's a good comedy episode. 

• Brohoof 1

They reused songs a lot of times during the first season, sometimes even for BGMs, I was already expecting for this to happen again in this season.

• Brohoof 1