Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Possible new 3D G5 MLP show coming.

CastletonSnob

As you might know, last week, Make Your Mark was confirmed to have ended after Chapter 6. But, all might not be lost for 3D G5 MLP. A prominent YouTuber who has asked the G5 staff questions says he was told by two MLP officials that they're considering making a new 3D G5 series.

kvd2egbamngc1.jpeg

• Brohoof 5

I think I’ve seen that guys channel before. Idk how reliable he’s been in the past about rumors and such but I personally wouldn’t be too surprised if we do get a new 3D series in a year or so. Maybe an announcement or leak of some kind late this year or early next year if that ends up happening.

• Brohoof 1

I hope we get a replacement for MYM. TYT can't be what G5 only is, and if it is that way, it's doomed to failure. A Generation needs more than a 2D show to keep going. 

• Brohoof 1

1 hour ago, Cheerilee said:

A Generation needs more than a 2D show to keep going. 

But G4 pulled it off, ‘y know :oh_golly:. Yeah yeah, I know you’ve meant short episodes :mlp_icwudt:. No conformation, but I’ve figured the fateful encounter with our favorite nerd wouldn’t be left in TYT. Since it’s certain we won’t get a new 3D show this year, at least any G4 copyright issues will expire by next year >_>

• Hugs 1

I do sincerely hope they go through with this consideration and make another show in the style of Make Your Mark. I also would like for it to not to be a Netflix-exclusive show, since part of the reason why Tell Your Tale has been such a hit is the fact that anyone can watch it on YouTube, as some have already alluded to in the past. 

Also, fun fact, not only is FaolanCortez one of the few G5 reviewers who likes to review G5 in a more leveled way, he's also met with the developer of MYM, Gillian Berrow. He is absolutely not the kind of guy who would lie about this. :winking-izzy:

• Brohoof 1

On 2024-02-06 at 9:48 AM, Otaku-sempai said:

If we do get another 22-minute per episode G5 series then I hope that it puts more emphasis on world-building, adventure and exploration. 

If the latest TYT episode is anything to go by :oh_golly:

• Brohoof 1

29 minutes ago, Steve Piranha said:

If the latest TYT episode is anything to go by :oh_golly:

We'll see if the show keeps going in that direction.  I'm not holding my breath. 

30 minutes ago, Otaku-sempai said:

We'll see if the show keeps going in that direction.  I'm not holding my breath. 

I’m not expecting TYT to follow up in depth, aside from Misty practicing spells, every other week. MAYBE one of the upcoming specials will do, but I’m expecting they’ll build up further if they make a new 3D show. I mean, why all the sudden G1/G4 call backs (dunno how G1 fits into it, but whatever) and Sunny just happen to be found cleaning her dad’s picture? Besides, Discovery Family’s hold on G4 rights will expire next year

• Brohoof 2

(edited)
20 minutes ago, Princess Sunny said:

Is this new show going to be online or on TV? I was kind of hoping for a new 2D MLP TV series but this might be what that WOULD have been. 

I don't think there is any confirmation (yet) that the new show even exists. It is just speculation at this point. 

Edited by Otaku-sempai

Personally I really like Tell Your Tale so far. I know there's a lot of other adult male bronies like me that don't, although there are some also that do, but it seems like I like anything and everything MLP despite its quality. After all, I even like the MLP G1 and G2 stuff from the 80s and 90s. 

• Brohoof 1

1 hour ago, Princess Sunny said:

Personally I really like Tell Your Tale so far. I know there's a lot of other adult male bronies like me that don't, although there are some also that do, but it seems like I like anything and everything MLP despite its quality. After all, I even like the MLP G1 and G2 stuff from the 80s and 90s. 

That's how my wife became a fan. She grew up in the '80s and '90s and had (and still has!) the G1 toys. 

• Brohoof 1

I have seen all of it so far. While I have watched all of it so far, there are a few things that have always bothered me. Namely, the shortness of it, and the repeating of jokes. Other than that, it's not too bad.

• Brohoof 1

I prefer the more elaborate 3D show, but I take what I can get with TYT. I just got more excited for it since the last episode

• Brohoof 1

1 minute ago, Princess Sunny said:

@Props Valroa I agree with you. It's not too bad. Some fans make G5 out to be worse than it is.

Some have. My number one belief is that G5 would have been better off as a separate universe. It would have solved most of my gripes with it. I still like G5, but, not as much as G4. I hope that they do a new 3D show, to at least make it last longer. 

• Brohoof 1

11 minutes ago, Princess Sunny said:

@Otaku-sempai Is she a fan of G4 and G5 too or just G1 and G2? If she's a fan of all generations I think that's really cool! :Cool-shades:

Not so much G5. She finds it poorly written. But she does have some of the ponies (though she avoids duplicates)! 

• Brohoof 1

On 2/9/2024 at 4:07 PM, Steve Piranha said:

I’m not expecting TYT to follow up in depth, aside from Misty practicing spells, every other week. MAYBE one of the upcoming specials will do, but I’m expecting they’ll build up further if they make a new 3D show. I mean, why all the sudden G1/G4 call backs (dunno how G1 fits into it, but whatever) and Sunny just happen to be found cleaning her dad’s picture? Besides, Discovery Family’s hold on G4 rights will expire next year

It would be in production before the rights expire though 

14 minutes ago, WickedGames said:

It would be in production before the rights expire though 

Then it’s possible they are working in producing it then :oh_golly: