Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

April 2024 Art Contest Voting

Trot Shuffle

April 2024 Art Contest Poll  

31 users have voted

1. 1. Which artwork is your favorite for April 2024?

• Submission 1
    • Submission 2
    • Submission 3
    • Submission 4
    • Submission 5
    • Submission 6
    • Submission 7
    • Submission 8
    • Submission 9
    • Submission 10
    • Submission 11
    • Submission 12
    • Submission 13
    • Submission 14

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 2024-05-01 at 12:00 AM

35 minutes ago, Evil Pink One said:

Yes improve your power.... As i look into it. To "me" it seems the same as your previous.

I wasn't talking about me :orly:

58 minutes ago, Rafa Stary said:

🤔 🧐 Intriguing...:Sunny-huh:

1 hour ago, Rafa Stary said:

Oh you are referring to me oh ho ho ho.... I never did try if you haven't heard:griiin:.... Plus work is a pain ....

Check this out.

A subtask requires me to do this task.

But my superior told me i just need to do the task's subtask only and not the whole task.

And who do you think is signing that paper? Them?

• smile 1

37 minutes ago, Evil Pink One said:

Oh you are referring to me oh ho ho ho....

Not only you :mlp_smug:

41 minutes ago, Evil Pink One said:

I never did try if you haven't heard:griiin:

Exactly, you are going according to my plans :ph3ar:

43 minutes ago, Evil Pink One said:

Check this out.

A subtask requires me to do this task.

But my superior told me i just need to do the task's subtask only and not the whole task.

And who do you think is signing that paper? Them?

It's better not to try to finish the exam before everyone else, but rather do it within the established time limit, darling :mlp_pout:

• Shocked 1

Moments ago, Rafa Stary said:

Not only you :mlp_smug:

Exactly, you are going according to my plans :ph3ar:

It's better not to try to finish the exam before everyone else, but rather do it within the established time limit, darling :mlp_pout:

Its not an exam its a task XD. I have to do it or else i wont get paid.XP

Actually.... Where are the heavy weight artists? What happened to them? 

@ShadOBabe! You still alive?

• smile 1

10 minutes ago, Evil Pink One said:

Its not an exam its a task XD. I have to do it or else i wont get paid.XP

You didn't get the meaning behind it...yet, which is good, some mysteries shouldn't be solved so fast :mlp_toldya:

• Shocked 1

(edited)

I was absolutely ran into the ground here lol

But in all seriousness, congrats to whoever wins!

Edited by Sunny_Skyes
Inaccuracy
  • smile 1

4 minutes ago, Sunny_Skyes said:

I was absolutely ran into the ground here lol

But in all seriousness, congrats to the winners!

No one has won yet. 

Theres still chance

• smile 1

Good lord, my artistic abilities are being called into question from all sides! :yeahno:

I struggled getting that out let alone smoothing the lines, shading the image, or scrapping it and painting the pony Mona Lisa! :pout:

Everybody's a critic! :jazz-hooves-please:

• Brohoof 1
  • Hugs 1

1 hour ago, Wizard said:

Good lord, my artistic abilities are being called into question from all sides! :yeahno:

I struggled getting that out let alone smoothing the lines, shading the image, or scrapping it and painting the pony Mona Lisa! :pout:

What shading?:cheeky-smile: 

• Delighted Giggle 1

I'm confused by that 2nd Submission, I thought only drawings were allowed to be submitted to these contests?? There was even a member who asked in the Submission post if he could create a image using official Art, no one answered him (only EvilPinkOne, he said "no" but he's not behind the rules) :mlp_huh:

I have to be honest, this one is a very DIFFICULT one. There is too many good ones to vote on here :fluttershy:. Everyone did such amazing job and it’s crazy how many people submitted this going around, I hope the best of luck to everyone. :yay:

• smile 1

28 minutes ago, Rafa Stary said:

I'm confused by that 2nd Submission, I thought only drawings were allowed to be submitted to these contests?? There was even a member who asked in the Submission post if he could create a image using official Art, no one answered him (only EvilPinkOne, he said "no" but he's not behind the rules) :mlp_huh:

Rules said nothing against my Work. Only AI Art is not allowed.. I even asked if its okay to make one with multiple pets and you said nothing against it, only something about the size so i assumed its okay to do that... :/ Also in the Requirement is nowhere stated, that the Art "MUST" be drawn.

• Brohoof 2

Oh I got it now, so there was no specification indeed (copyright issues you said, Evil Pink One :lie:), I personally really don't agree with that but if it's allowed then that's how the game works and i respect it, just think they should specify it in the announcement post, but okay :mlp_huh:

Also, @Trot Shuffle you said the voting was meant to be closed at May 1st, but in the poll it's said that it will be closed April 30th at 08:00 PM, is that correct? Or it's just clock differences?

• Brohoof 1

I agree on that. but other than that, i used only Official MLP Stuff from Google and cut them Together so... its technically "Art" even if not drawn. But yea... maybe they should state if the Art needs to be Drawn :Pip-giggle: But then i couldnt participate since the one i made (Submission 2) is the only Kind of Art i can do :P

• Brohoof 1

On 2024-04-27 at 7:31 AM, Evil Pink One said:

@Nitobit @Trot Shufflecan i have a suggestion?

Can we have an event where the winners of this year have a final showdown on the last year december. And we can have that winner ve the artist of the year? This way we can have more winners and not just 1 dominating every event.

Like if person 1 already Won january. That person is up for december line up for ultimate artist of the year. 

then in feb. We can have someone else win..

so in dec. Theres gonna be 11 artists of the month competing for artist of the year...

this genious i tell ya....:griiin:

I was considering something like this but I don't think it will be a fight to the death. :kindness:

On 2024-04-27 at 2:30 PM, Lawyer Slip said:

Say @Trot Shuffle do you ever vote in these?

I try not to :sealed:

8 hours ago, Rafa Stary said:

Huh, I assumed it was self-created vector art rather than a photoshop collage. I'll have to think about this one for a bit.

8 hours ago, Rafa Stary said:

Also, @Trot Shuffle you said the voting was meant to be closed at May 1st, but in the poll it's said that it will be closed April 30th at 08:00 PM, is that correct? Or it's just clock differences?

It might be timezone difference since for me it says May 1st.

• smile 1

1 hour ago, Trot Shuffle said:

I was considering something like this but I don't think it will be a fight to the death. :kindness:

I try not to :sealed:

Huh, I assumed it was self-created vector art rather than a photoshop collage. I'll have to think about this one for a bit.

Death is good....:griiin:

Or else we will over populate... Which is bad.:pip-err:

You should vote .

That is a problem. I didn't speak up about this because i know the fella....:devious:

I know that style.

Mmm

• Delighted Giggle 1
  • Shocked 1

Well, Submission 2 (Thats mine..) is NOT Vector-Drawn. Yes. I took from Google Pictures and cut them Together with some Edit. So what? If that dosn't count as "ART" then define it. Also its kinda rude (imo) for ppl who want to Participate but cannot do vector stuff or draw at all... but hey, if you wanna disqualify me, its okay, i can accept that... cuz now i dont care less...

2 hours ago, Trot Shuffle said:

Then that's the explanation, thanks :mlp_yeehaa:

We need more people voting...25 seemed like a lot in the March contest, now it seems like little with so much art...

14 hours ago, Wizard said:

Not me, I am not a critic! Although I do offer criticism, it is not of art since I am no expert and prefer to enjoy rather than criticize art. I'm sure your art looks amazing! I say that not knowing which is yours, there a ton of art up there XD

• smile 1

14 minutes ago, TechnoZ said:

Well, Submission 2 (Thats mine..) is NOT Vector-Drawn. Yes. I took from Google Pictures and cut them Together with some Edit. So what? If that dosn't count as "ART" then define it. Also its kinda rude (imo) for ppl who want to Participate but cannot do vector stuff or draw at all... but hey, if you wanna disqualify me, its okay, i can accept that... cuz now i dont care less...

Now it's too late!  you've reached the middle of the mountain, keep climbing it, it doesn't matter if your equipment is different from ours.

I mean, I don't state the rules here, so in case you are really disqualified, don't see it as something devastating or bad, there is nothing rude about you not being able to participate in an art competition because you don't know how to make art, you have to see it as an incentive for yourself to learn to make art and when you get there, show what you're capable of, it doesn't have to be anything incredible, just trying is enough (if you can and want to, of course, self satisfaction is extremely important for this)

15 hours ago, Wizard said:

I like it Wizzy. :(

Sorry, can I call you that? I'm sorry, It's just. (Well I f*cked up)

• smile 1

35 minutes ago, EpicEnergy said:

Not me, I am not a critic! Although I do offer criticism, it is not of art since I am no expert and prefer to enjoy rather than criticize art. I'm sure your art looks amazing! I say that not knowing which is yours, there a ton of art up there XD

Haha I appreciate the sentiment, my art is Submission 8. It was a little rushed as this month has been very busy with work and medical treatments, but I think it came out alright :bedeyes:

13 minutes ago, Lawyer Slip said:

I like it Wizzy. :(

Sorry, can I call you that? I'm sorry, It's just. (Well I f*cked up)

I'm not against nicknames, and I appreciate the sentiment! ;)

44 minutes ago, TechnoZ said:

Considering the submission is already up with votes, I would imagine removing it now would be problematic. Of course, if there was no specific rule against it, then it would merely be something to consider in future art competitions. :dash:

Though I feel it's pretty harmless, Collage is still a form of art, and the people will decide on what should win in a contest. I wouldn't take anything anyone says here to heart, nobody is attacking you in particular, there was just a misunderstanding at some point, as after your submission was placed, someone had asked whether that style of art was allowed, but we did not get a direct answer before the submission date closed. So you'll be fine. :mlp_smug:

I'm no mod/admin though, it is up to them to decide on the rules, but that is my opinion of the whole debacle. :bedeyes:

• Brohoof 2
  • smile 1