June 2024 Art Contest

SCS

artbanner1.png

:mlp_icwudt: Welcome to the MLP Forums June 2024 Visual Art contest :pinkie:

Welcome to the June 2024 Visual Art Contest! Remember to stay hydrated while enjoying fun in the sun this summer.

The theme for this month is:

Summer Leisure!

AJ_and_Granny_smiling_for_Pinkie_S4E09.thumb.webp.2ad0aaac67a081e4ae93c091fa97f7d5.webp

Requirements

• Create artwork of ponies (and/or other canon creatures or OCs) engaging in outdoor summertime activities
    • This can depict a wide variety of outdoor activities, as long as it captures the spirit of having fun in the sun in some way. This includes but is not limited to outdoor sports, swimming, hiking, picnics and outdoor lounging in the sun: whether solo or with a group.
    • Some example ideas: playing baseball, going for a swim at the beach, taking a hike in the woods during a bright sunny day, having a picnic with friends on a sunny hilltop.
  • Both canon and original characters are allowed, as well as any MLP generation
  • All members of MLPF are eligible
  • No AI art will be accepted, however it can be used for initial inspiration
  • Animations no longer than 10 seconds are allowed

Deadline

Submissions will close on June 24th, 2024.

Judging

Public voting will be open during June 25th - June 30th, 2024. Afterwards, voting will be finalized within staff and results will be posted as soon as we are able to share them!

Winners

Winners will be granted the Canterlot Artist Rank and Badge. All entries will be eligible to receive an Art Achievement Bronze Badge. Future participation will count toward Silver and Gold Art Badges.

Submit Here (select Art Contest Submissions > 2024 Submissions > June 2024 Art Contest) or you can use the top navigation menu to add a submission.

Screen Shot 2023-02-28 at 5.27.18 PM.png

If there are any additional questions, please feel free to ask!  :D

• Brohoof 1
  • Excited 5
  • Party! 1
  • Hugs 1

Wow already???? The previous one isn't even over yet! You guys are fast :wau:!

Hope to see more people participating this time, want to see the previous participants returning! :eager: good luck to everypone!! Can't wait to see your next works!

• Brohoof 3
  • smile 1

8 hours ago, Treeglow Flicker said:

I'm definitely going to make an early start to make sure I get an entry done in time for this month's contest. :kirin:

I'm so excited to see your fantastic piece of artwork! :pinkie:

• smile 2
  • Hugs 1

This one, I will be in. I promise that. And my art will also, hopefully, be very good this time.

*Takes a deep breath*

LET'S DO THIIIIIIS!!!!!!!!!

• Brohoof 1
  • smile 1
  • Excited 1

8 minutes ago, Treeglow Flicker said:

For the sake of general clarity as a whole.

Do the rules include Equestria Girls?

Pretty sure you can, Evil Pink One did a Equestria Girl for the previous contest :twi:

@SCS Is it ok if I dedicate my submission to someone and put them in it? A friend of mine recently had to leave the forums because their mom said "this site probably has internet dangers" and while their account is still active, I'm not sure we'll ever see @Octavia Scratch again. (At least not for two years because by then she'll be an adult.)

My time with her was short, but I would like to dedicate my submission to her in memory, and make an OC of her name (Essentially a fusion of Octavia and Vinyl). If that is ok with you of course. I still miss her a lot :(

• Sad 2
  • Hugs 2

12 minutes ago, Lawyer Slip said:

@SCS Is it ok if I dedicate my submission to someone and put them in it? A friend of mine recently had to leave the forums because their mom said "this site probably has internet dangers" and while their account is still active, I'm not sure we'll ever see @Octavia Scratch again. (At least not for two years because by then she'll be an adult.)

My time with her was short, but I would like to dedicate my submission to her in memory, and make an OC of her name (Essentially a fusion of Octavia and Vinyl). If that is ok with you of course. I still miss her a lot :(

That really sucks, so bad she can't convince her mother how this place is not only secure but also extremely friendly, it's good to see that you want to make a drawing in honor :kindness:

• Brohoof 1
  • Hugs 1

(edited)
34 minutes ago, Lawyer Slip said:

Sad story. It's definitely harsh level of control from the parents side.

If I were you I would paint both Vinyl and Octavia. Their duo could be a tribute to your friend without contest rules violation.

Edited by Crypty Scribbles
  • Brohoof 3
  • Hugs 1

9 minutes ago, Rafa Stary said:

That really sucks, so bad she can't convince her mother how this place is not only secure but also extremely friendly, it's good to see that you want to make a drawing in honor :kindness:

I mean, I do see her Mom's point. The majority of Bronies on this site are adults, and adults can be predators, because you can lie on the internet. So, while I understand the concern, but I still think it's bullsh*t. 

• Brohoof 2

Let's see if SCS is going to accept your exception, if not, you can try what Crypty Scribbles said 

• Brohoof 1

1 hour ago, Rafa Stary said:

Let's see if SCS is going to accept your exception, if not, you can try what Crypty Scribbles said 

Yeah, I'd be down with either option, and if I do what Crypty Scribbles said, I'm probably gonna have me with the two of them.

• smile 2

14 hours ago, Crypty Scribbles said:

Sad story. It's definitely harsh level of control from the parents side.

If I were you I would paint both Vinyl and Octavia. Their duo could be a tribute to your friend without contest rules violation.

This is very thoughtful, Crypty. :coco:

15 hours ago, Rafa Stary said:

<3 

As an Admin I would definitely approve of this rule.

• Brohoof 1
  • smile 1
  • Hugs 1
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Lawyer Slip said:

I mean, I do see her Mom's point. The majority of Bronies on this site are adults, and adults can be predators, because you can lie on the internet. So, while I understand the concern, but I still think it's bullsh*t. 

.......ouch. thats.... Age ist? Kids can be predators too you know? .. i think they're called bullies?🤣

• Shocked 1

17 hours ago, Lawyer Slip said:

I'm so sorry to hear about your friend. I can relate to how you feel because I have lost many friends who I still think about all the time. I also can understand where their parents are coming from as a result of how many years I've spent dealing with the darker sides of humanity.

I agree with Silky -- I definitely have no problem with you dedicating your entry to your friend, and drawing it anyway you see fit.

• Brohoof 1
  • smile 1

Well isn't this a cheery subject matter lol

I'll try to take part in this contest, last month was too busy for me to fit any ponies into it.

• Brohoof 1
  • Excited 2

5 hours ago, Ice Princess Silky said:

This is very thoughtful, Crypty. :coco:

<3 

As an Admin I would definitely approve of this rule.

Thank you very much Ma'am.

3 hours ago, SCS said:

I'm so sorry to hear about your friend. I can relate to how you feel because I have lost many friends who I still think about all the time. I also can understand where their parents are coming from as a result of how many years I've spent dealing with the darker sides of humanity.

I agree with Silky -- I definitely have no problem with you dedicating your entry to your friend, and drawing it anyway you see fit.

Thanks a million. It means a lot to me.

• Brohoof 2
  • smile 2

Really good to see that Lawyer's exception was accepted, thrilled to see what he's going to deliver, do your best, buddy! :squee:

3 hours ago, Wizard said:

Well isn't this a cheery subject matter lol

I'll try to take part in this contest, last month was too busy for me to fit any ponies into it.

@Evil Pink One see? Just like I said :LunaMCM:

5 hours ago, Rafa Stary said:

Really good to see that Lawyer's exception was accepted, thrilled to see what he's going to deliver, do your best, buddy! :squee:

@Evil Pink One see? Just like I said :LunaMCM:

Were you guys betting on whether I'd return? :PIPPIPHURRAY:

• Excited 1

Also I submitted mine, first one to submit!
I just had this overwhelming state of hyper-focus and had to get it done.

• Brohoof 1
  • Shocked 1
  • Excited 1

13 minutes ago, Evil Pink One said:

Nani!? @Wizard pulled a fast one quick draw! Get it:mlp_smug:

Argh! I get ye ya scallywag! We duel at noon on the high sees!
...What? It wasn't pirates?

• Delighted Giggle 2

3 hours ago, Wizard said:

Were you guys betting on whether I'd return? :PIPPIPHURRAY:

I already knew that you would participate and that you was just too busy to return for the previous one, Evil Pink One's the one and only evil pink one who doubted it!  :ticking:

• Shocked 2