June 2024 Art Contest

SCS

9 hours ago, Rafa Stary said:

I already knew that you would participate and that you was just too busy to return for the previous one, Evil Pink One's the one and only evil pink one who doubted it!  :ticking:

There were doubts?!?!?! :Sunny-huh:

1 hour ago, Evil Pink One said:

Pwede ren......

I feel like I should be offended... So I will be! :Posey-grimace:

• Delighted Giggle 1
  • Hugs 1

I just want to mention that I kept my promise and didn't vote during the art contest of May since I said that I would wait for @Treeglow Flicker  to post her artwork but the submissions were closed! I'm sure that a moderator can confirm that I'm telling the truth! :ithastolookpretty:

• Shocked 2
  • Hugs 1

7 hours ago, Shiny Silvermoon said:

I just want to mention that I kept my promise and didn't vote during the art contest of May since I said that I would wait for @Treeglow Flicker  to post her artwork but the submissions were closed! I'm sure that a moderator can confirm that I'm telling the truth! :ithastolookpretty:

Yeah I didn't make the deadline for the May one. But thank you for the confidence in my work. :laugh:

I'll definitely be there for the June one though. :P

• smile 1
  • Excited 2

13 minutes ago, Sunny_Skyes said:

Not even going to participate in this one, I sucked at the last two 

Not winning is not a good reason to give up, you should keep trying to improve yourself, unless you have your reasons :sunny:

• Brohoof 2
  • Hugs 1

13 minutes ago, Rafa Stary said:

Not winning is not a good reason to give up, you should keep trying to improve yourself, unless you have your reasons :sunny:

POV: Everyone to me after the March contest

• Sad 1
  • Hugs 1

1 hour ago, Sunny_Skyes said:

I'm not 100% sure which ones were yours from before, but the only way to improve is to keep going, these events aren't just about winning, you can get that rush in video games, these are also about honing your skills. The more you draw, the better you'll get! Here's something I drew back in 2012, compared with my most recent submission.

Spoiler

1332366159.derpydooreviews_ponies_001.thumb.jpg.b7d5a9f3a851eb256f6602addff99557.jpg
sweetiebellemilkshakeFEdit.thumb.png.48038a30f5200d52e3df3ed7af8980f7.png

I'm no expert, but simply by drawing more and more, I got better at it. And through competition, you tend to improve at a faster rate, as you have the drive to push yourself even further.

• Brohoof 2
  • smile 1

2 hours ago, Sunny_Skyes said:

Winning is just a secondary thing here, for me the best part of this is seeing the many different arts from different artists and how the skills, art style, painting etc of each one is unique! That's why I really like to see a lot of participants in every contest, the April one was a blast because there around 15 artists that time, it's awesome to participate because everyone gets to see your art, and if you want people to see your work, this is a incredible opportunity! Again, if you have more reasons to not participate, I understand it, I also have my reasons for not participating anymore, but they are completely unrelated to winning or losing, don't lose the faith in yourself.

• smile 2
  • Hugs 1

54 minutes ago, Rafa Stary said:

Winning is just a secondary thing here, for me the best part of this is seeing the many different arts from different artists and how the skills, art style, painting etc of each one is unique! That's why I really like to see a lot of participants in every contest, the April one was a blast because there around 15 artists that time, it's awesome to participate because everyone gets to see your art, and if you want people to see your work, this is a incredible opportunity! Again, if you have more reasons to not participate, I understand it, I also have my reasons for not participating anymore, but they are completely unrelated to winning or losing, don't lose the faith in yourself.

I agree with this. Winning is just a bonus. I originally was in this to win it. But I've changed, and now, My goals are focused towards putting my art out there.

• smile 3

(edited)
1 hour ago, Rafa Stary said:

I'm still rooting for your return! I liked having a rival :PIPPIPHURRAY:
I understand why you stopped, but I can keep hoping for a rival revival! :toldya:

Edited by Wizard
  • Brohoof 1
  • Party! 1

5 minutes ago, Wizard said:

I understand why you stopped, but I can keep hoping for a rival revival! :toldya:

I consider you a rival. But I feel like you consider me the same way Jackson Storm considered McQueen, how there's a very small chance that I could ever beat you, and it's highly unlikely.

• smile 1
  • Hugs 1

6 hours ago, Wizard said:

Maybe, maybe someday, although I really didn't expect that after participating, but hey! There's Evil Pink One! He considers you a rival too :ticking:!

4 minutes ago, Rafa Stary said:

Maybe, maybe someday, although I really didn't expect that after participating, but hey! There's Evil Pink One! He considers you a rival too :ticking:!

And me. Don't forget about me

• smile 1

Then everyone here are rivals! :eager: Want to see more participants this time! Want to see at least 15! Imagine 20! 30 :ticking:!

• Brohoof 1
  • smile 1

1 minute ago, Rafa Stary said:

Then everyone here are rivals! :eager: Want to see more participants this time! Want to see at least 15! Imagine 20! 30 :ticking:!

IMAGINE IF IT WAS ALL 45,000 OF US!

Oh. Right. Tavi is gone. :( *cries for a moment*

Imagine if it was all 44,999 of us.

• smile 1
  • Hugs 1

Thanks guys, but I only quit not because I didn't win, but because I saw it as a big loss that I came last every single time I tried without fail. I love how supportive the people on here are.

• Brohoof 1
  • Hugs 2

14 minutes ago, Sunny_Skyes said:

Thanks guys, but I only quit not because I didn't win, but because I saw it as a big loss that I came last every single time I tried without fail. I love how supportive the people on here are.

You know what? Sometimes quiting can be a good thing.  Quit while you still can and what not, or knowing when to quit isnt a sign of weakness, more of a smart thing to do.

So good for you buddy.

And perhaps quiting here  you might have time to do something else and find out that your better doing that. So why waste your time you aint good at something and aint passionate about it. When you can explore and find the right thing for you?

• smile 2

14 hours ago, Evil Pink One said:

@SCS i passed it. did it went through? 

Yeah I see your upload.

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, Evil Pink One said:

@SCS i passed it. did it went through? 

Are you trying to use bikinis to get a win again?!