Is Netflix really worth it for MLP fans nowadays?

FirePuppy

Is Netflix really worth it for MLP fans nowadays?  

5 users have voted

1. 1. Is Netflix really worth it for MLP fans nowadays?

• Yes
    • Definitely no
    • Only for the G5 fans

Now that I think about it, maybe YouTube isn't such a bad place to watch My Little Pony after all, since Netflix is only caring about originals these days and not much about My Little Pony. And of course, we're already seeing Make Your Mark episodes on official YouTube channels, which means there's even less need for Netflix as of this point.

I still like a lot of content older and recent like:

- Unicorn Academy

- Mermaid Magic

- Little Witch Academia

- Kipo and the Age of Wonderbeasts

- Dew Drop Diaries

- Princess Power

- She-Ra and The Princesses of Power

- Spirit Riding Free

- Green Eggs and Ham

- Pokémon Horizon

- Barbie

And just some other stuff to check out.

But yeah for MLP on YT.  Like with another long running property such as Power Rangers, it makes say binging any random episode of choice more convenient and even the hour(s) long compilation of episodes for relaxing.

Just a suggestion though to help be sure we get all episodes eventually is to give each uploaded episode a like.  And of course I have taken it upon myself to share the links on the YT thread during Saturdays.

Plus if you tend to put videos on to go to sleep with, make it an MLP vid.😁

Only if Hasbro starts taking their commitments to supporting the platform more seriously. I refuse to support YouTube nowadays due to their controversial COPPA and anti-adblock updates, so having an alternate platform to watch MLP cartoons on would definitely be appreciated for people like me. Considering TYT's production has already ended (from what I've heard) and Netflix is a paid subscription service whereas YouTube generally isn't, the least they could do is add "new" TYT episodes to Netflix at least a week before they're available on YouTube, give its users a reason to continue supporting the service. As it stands, Netflix is lagging behind on the availability of the series only having a fraction of the first season available from what I've heard.

Although we have the complete series of FIM on KiDoodleTV, it would be nice if Netflix reinstated seasons 5-9 once the WBD contract expires, just so more people have access to it.

Now I'm wondering how different things would've been if Hasbro had placed MLP on a different subscription streaming platform (such as Disney+, Paramount+, or MAX) rather than Netflix.

To be honest my major issue is with Mlp:Fim on netflix only have seasons 1-4, i mean those seasons are great don't get me wrong but watching those seasons back to back i feel as if i can repeat the whole seasons word for word. But In regards to Gen 5 it seems more helpful in the sense its giving out all the content and not just some like gen 5, but to be honest all those episodes could be watched on their youtube channel or anyones for that matter. Overall It Seems useless in the sense of the mlp franchise but it still has other great content just not really needed when it comes to mlp stuff. So no, Not needed at all

On 2024-09-15 at 10:36 AM, KPackratt said:

Now I'm wondering how different things would've been if Hasbro had placed MLP on a different subscription streaming platform (such as Disney+, Paramount+, or MAX) rather than Netflix.

Oh god, I hope not MAX. That's part of Warner Bros. Discovery, and I certainly don't want any part of the My Little Pony franchise to end up in that company's hands.