Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Why you can't hate on a single member of the mane six.

Dragonshy

If I leave my house for the weekend, does that give you the right to claim it as your own?

It is if you say that you will never return and if I was the original owner.

Some crazy stuff about how the truth doesn't make sense followed by a hasty retreat from my point.

Eeyup.

It is if you say that you will never return and if I was the original owner.

They didn't say they were gone for good!

And no, if I buy a house from you, you don't get it back once I have payed it off and moved away (unless you are the bank).

Eeyup.

Truth? I think you mean, 'opinion' :3 You're the only person I've ever heard whose said Rarity would be better off without Sweetie Belle. And even if some others come in here, read this, and say they agree with you, it's still opinion, and it's still the minority belief. No need to insult my choice to not argue <3

(edited)

Truth? I think you mean, 'opinion' :3 You're the only person I've ever heard whose said Rarity would be better off without Sweetie Belle. And even if some others come in here, read this, and say they agree with you, it's still opinion, and it's still the minority belief. No need to insult my choice to not argue <3

Opinions are a personal truths! :)

Also, it was meant as a friendly joke not an insult. :P

Though I really am sorry if I did insult you. :blush:

Edited by Vinyl Pon3 Scratch
  • Brohoof 1

I'm always saying Rarity is best pony, but the truth is none of them are really any better than the others. They have different personalities and traits that make people favor one over the other but I think they're actually pretty well balanced. They all have pros and cons and I think that's what makes them so likable and relatable.

• Brohoof 1

Opinions are a personal truths! :)

Also, it was meant as a friendly joke not an insult. :P

Though I really am sorry if I did insult you. :blush:

I figured there was something going on :P No, not offended in the least, but you did get me running with it regardless. See this is why this fanbase is awesome, things always end well ^-^ Didn't get this on any of the other franchise forums I've ever been on </3

Anywho, yes, individual fact xP

What was I saying. Dashie is best pony? Yeah. That must be it.

Eeyup.

They didn't say they were gone for good!

And no, if I buy a house from you, you don't get it back once I have payed it off and moved away (unless you are the bank).

They made it clear that they weren't coming back.

I'm always saying Rarity is best pony, but the truth is none of them are really any better than the others. They have different personalities and traits that make people favor one over the other but I think they're actually pretty well balanced. They all have pros and cons and I think that's what makes them so likable and relatable.

Exactly! :)

I figured there was something going on :P No, not offended in the least, but you did get me running with it regardless. See this is why this fanbase is awesome, things always end well ^-^ Didn't get this on any of the other franchise forums I've ever been on </3

Anywho, yes, individual fact xP

What was I saying. Dashie is best pony? Yeah. That must be it.

:D YAY! :D

Zombie hug?

I love nice friendly banter in the morning afternoon! :)

Oh, and I agree that Dashie is brilliant when it comes to making art with. Some many color schemes! :wub:

They made it clear that they weren't coming back.

All they did was run away. Maybe they were going to keep the land for tax purposes. Maybe they wanted to keep it just to spite the Apple family. Maybe they were going to put a production factory on the land. Very few times do(es) the CEO(s) of a company ever live anywhere near where the product is manufactured. And in even fewer cases do they actually get involved once they have a plant.
  • Brohoof 1

:D YAY! :D

Zombie hug?

I love nice friendly banter in the morning afternoon! :)

Oh, and I agree that Dashie is brilliant when it comes to making art with. Some many color schemes! :wub:

All they did was run away. Maybe they were going to keep the land for tax purposes. Maybe they wanted to keep it just to spite the Apple family. Maybe they were going to put a production factory on the land. Very few times do(es) the CEO(s) of a company ever live anywhere near where the product is manufactured. And in even fewer cases do they actually get involved once they have a plant.

I honestly doubt that they would delve into the business world in a kid's show.

It's the characters faults that make them so lovable to me. Rarity and Fluttershy being personal faves because I relate to their faults more than the others.

I love all of the mane six >3< of course i love Twilight Sparkle a little more than the rest, there isn't a single pony that i actually even hate on. Evein Trixie, and she's not even that likeable. Idk it could be just me loving on the show as a whole, but if your into MLP you can't hate on the chacters xD

The business world is a lot different.

Not really, both a filled with dangers, both are based on/are the basis of the American dream, both are cut throat places were the weak are swallowed and the strong stand above the rest to rule.

Not really, both a filled with dangers, both are based on/are the basis of the American dream, both are cut throat places were the weak are swallowed and the strong stand above the rest to rule.

You're naming simple similarities. I'm talking about as a whole.

You're naming simple similarities. I'm talking about as a whole.

The two worlds are different in some senses but as a whole they are incredibly similar. They are ruthless, deadly worlds that turn the best of people into monsters. As is the way with opportunity for power and money.

*makes Trixie one of the Mane 6 just so I CAN hate one of the Mane 6*

Anybody who would actually LIKE Trixie would be half crazy, half stupid, so I am with you there...

By the way... PINKIE PIE IS BEST PONY!!!!!!!!!!

I'm going to admit, although I don't hate any of the mane 6 (why would I hate a pony?!) my least favorite would have to be Rarity. She's a little too... you know, picky!!!

Really? She had NO right to get her farm back after the FlimFlam Brothers beat her fair and square. She STOLE the land from the new, rightful owners. Not to mention her friends had to help her cheat and she still lost. My hatred towards AJ is based solely on that one episode.

Enabling alcoholics, committing felonies, taking advantage of others, in that one episode AJ proved herself to be a disgrace to pony kind. She was outsmarted by two powerful unicorns and had to resort to cheating only to STILL lose. It was a competition of quantity not quality.

Sorry, I'm done with my rant... :blush:

Rarity is a lady of class, she has no need for a messy and uncouth sister. She would have been better off without Sweetie Bell.

The Flim Flams agreed to all of it, it was just as much an agreement as the right to produce in Ponyville was. Not to mention, they voluntarily left because they just earned a horrible reputation, and wouldn't have made any money anyways. They would pretty much be driven out by lack of customers. They're perfectly fine somewhere else, I should especially note, and they could've made a win-win compromise by agreeing to buy apples from Sweet Apple Acres and sharing more of the profit. After all, it would only make sense: The apples can make money without Flim Flam, but Flim Flam can't make money without apples, so 50/50 wasn't really fair.

Better yet, they could've even made money just selling copies of the machine. Construction can't be too hard when you have telekinesis.

They delve into the world of the wild, racist west.

They turned it into speciesism. That's still okay on TV :P

You're right. I hate TWO.

Rainbow brags occasionally? ...disregarding that, I also find Rarity's melodramatic reactions is something that pisses me off about her.

Think of it this way, if you knew them, and you hated one of them, then whichever one you like, would NOT be cool with that!

I was so upset about this, I made an entire thread about it. We're bronies because the one thing we hate is hate, and it's the only thing we don't love.

see this thread I made

There should be no hate within the community at all.

Whatever you say, if you're hatin' on any pony, you're a hater, and how dare you call yourself a brony when you're a hater!

Seriously, everyone, everypony has flaws and strengths, just look at the strengths. Like Pinkie learned in "Party of One", it's always best to assume the best. Take a note from the show, instead of watching it - for heavens knows why if you hate the characters.

The spirit of Equestria - what makes it Equestria - is optimism, not cynicism. No room here for cynicism.

I have seen lots of hate recently, mostly hating on certain members of the main six. I think that it isn't fair to hate on a certain pony, but then love another certain pony. The truth is, they all make mistakes and you can't say one is better or worse, because they all have their faults and none of them are perfect. Here are a few examples of the main six and their faults.

Twilight Sparkle- Gets a bit crazy at times, a bit socially awkward, corrects others on things.

Rainbow Dash- Arrogant, makes fun of others at times, brags occasionally.

Fluttershy- Very shy, not social, doesn't stand up for herself most of the time.

Rarity- A bit uptight, occasionally doesn't live up to the name of generosity.

Pinkie Pie- Makes brash decisions, a bit too childish, doesn't respect others personal space at times.

Applejack- Stubborn, doesn't let others help her.

If you can name more faults to their character, please tell me in the comments. I will add them if they are fit. Also, if you disagree with one of the faults, then discuss and I may change it.

And I would argue that Rarity does live up to her name. Greed doesn't necessarily mean a lack of generosity - she never steals from others, rather, she's greedy over stuff, and then uses it to generously make gifts, with her best expertise: dresses, for her friends.

Not to mention, as somepony mentioned a long time ago, I think it was actually in Kyronea's analysis, Rarity gives with her job. She's sharing her creativity with the world with every dress.

And anyways, the way to end hate isn't more hate, just mention why everypony is lovable, not hateable. Sheesh.

See the thread I linked above :P

(edited)

blah blah blah. blah blah blah. blah blah blah. blah blah blah. blah blah blah. blah blah blah. blah blah blah. blah blah blah.

see this thread I made

blah blah blah.blah blah blah.blah blah blah.blah blah blah.blah blah blah.

There should be no hate within the community at all. Whatever you say, if you're hatin' on any pony, you're a hater, and how dare you call yourself a brony when you're a hater!

blah blah blah.blah blah blah.blah blah blah.blah blah blah.blah blah blah.blah blah blah.blah blah blah.blah blah blah.blah blah blah.blah blah blah.blah blah blah.blah blah blah.blah blah blah.blah blah blah.blah blah blah.blah blah blah.blah blah blah.blah blah blah.blah blah blah.blah blah blah.blah blah blah.blah blah blah.blah blah blah.blah blah blah.blah blah blah.blah blah blah.blah blah blah.blah blah blah.blah blah blah.blah blah blah.blah blah blah.blah blah blah.blah blah blah.blah blah blah.

I want you to be VERY careful about how you use that argument. VERY careful, because I've gotten into many fights about how my slight preferences have labeled me something that I'm not just because of it. http://mlpforums.com/public/style_emoticons/default/dry.png I hate accusations/assumptions against a person, so this annoys me that you'd call me a hater just for disliking a few ponies.

I've never said I hated a pony on the show (except on Trixie - if you can't live with that, deal with it) but I have been subject to disliking many ponies. I've had problems with Rainbow Dash because of her arrogance, as I've (read optionally: WE ALL HAVE) dealt with that son of a bitch who won't shut his pie hole b/c he has the ability to brag about his skills.

Rarity I don't like not just because of her melodramatics, but because of her irritating hoity toity personality. Another major reason is because even though I don't like her as much, I see a lot of myself in her negative/dettering traits that I've stated. In order for me to avoid thinking I'm like Rarity, I have to think "She's like me? FUCK THIS PONY!" - and then go through denial.

And a word of advice, telling people to stop 'hating' isn't gonna help your argument AT ALL, especially when those who are subject to 'hating' are displaying their arguments in a logical, calm, and fashionable manner.

Edited by NeverNeverland
  • Brohoof 2

So, disliking the flaws of somepony more than the flaws of some other pony is wrong? Yeah, I have to disagree there. An example is that I think PPs flaws can be less tolerable than for example Twilights or Fluttershys(not that I hate any of the ponies), and I can see how people might see that some of the bad characteristics outweight the good ones in a character.

Persoanlly I love all the ponies, but I can see how someone else might not. So, yes you can hate a pony of the mane6 without hating the others, it all comes down to what bad qualities are worse and if they are outweighted by the good qualities.