Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Silverwisp draws stuff (feat. the forums biggest art dump of armoured ponies)

Silverwisp the Bard

(edited)

And continuing with the unicorn portion, here we got a Canterlot archmage:

post-3492-0-00190100-1370970754_thumb.jpg

fixed the tumor legs:

post-3492-0-05895100-1371061267_thumb.jpg

I really had to hold myself back on the hat...

Also,

100th Post

img-1549769-1-mlfw2337-DerpyWoohoo.gif

Edited by Silverwisp the Bard
  • Brohoof 6

(edited)
And continuing with the unicorn portion, here we got a Canterlot archmage:

His knees. Are those supposed to give a skinny and old effect? If so, I think the legs are a little too big, but well, just giving opinions. blush.png

Edited by Sky Warden

And here we got the Commander, basically Hurricanes armor with a spiffier helmet.

attachicon.gifSCAN0337.JPG

Still wneed a name for the champion though, anyone got a good idea?

Hey he looks like Night Flash from my Roleplay. Like literally that's the best representation of what he'd look like XD period armour and everything. Perhaps you can call him that

(edited)
Crystal Lancer

Just want to talk about weapons. From what I've seen in the show, Crystal Lancer uses jousting lance which relies on charging power, and its corn-like design makes it powerful for charging and will create deep thrust. Jousting lance looks like this:

img-1554554-1-Jousting_Lances.jpg

The tip isn't larger than the trunk. :3

Edited by Sky Warden
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

Reposting this from one of my other threads to keep up the pic ratio:

post-3492-0-38711800-1370810528_thumb.jpg

The tip isn't larger than the trunk. :3

Hmm, how about this:

post-3492-0-16240300-1371249073_thumb.jpg

Just kidding, but I found a larger tip looks better than keeping it realistic.

• Brohoof 2

(edited)
Hmm, how about this:

img-1561283-1-tumblr_mklrjjRBY91rslsako1

The sewing... that's what makes this thing scary... ._.

Yup. I was just talking about weapons.

You're drawing about classical ponies in armours. You are planning on something (a project, etc) or just love drawing them?

Edited by Sky Warden
  • Brohoof 2

And afterone busy weekend, we continue with a Heraldmage to lead the Crystal Empire forces.

post-3492-0-01568100-1371491713_thumb.jpg

Obscure literature reference is obscure.

Perhaps you can call him that

You're not the boss of me.tongue.png

Anyway, I'm planning to include some Chiroptera auxiliaries, once I found the time to read through the RP.

. You are planning on something (a project, etc) or just love drawing them?

I do adore drawing them. But I'm also planning to turn it into a de-GRIMDARK-ified version of Equestria Divided, basically listing the forces of Equestria, the Crystal Empire ect. pre-Dicord.

• Brohoof 3

@@Silverwisp the Bard, Starting form of King Sombra maybe in the last post? Hmmm... how about this for and idea? I am writting a fanfic about "The Flames of Balance" being a changeling type of mane 6 with QC. (Good Alingment) How about you draw... an alternative mane 6? Maybe a mane 6 of changelings? (not changelingfied) 

I do adore drawing them. But I'm also planning to turn it into a de-GRIMDARK-ified version of Equestria Divided, basically listing the forces of Equestria, the Crystal Empire ect. pre-Dicord.

Equestria Divided is a very grim world, and that's why I love it so much. The atmosphere is very thick there. I think it's rather hard to de-grimdark-ify them.

Well, how about some pegasi skirmishers with hoof mini crossbow like I suggested? That will make a versatile unit. The strength won't be as good as normal crossbow, but pretty close. The crossbow is tied on the right hoof. They can reload it with the left leg. :3

Celestial Eclipse is a setting I made for a fanfic, and if possible, game (still working on it). It takes place in an era after the founding and pre-Discord. Equestrian Empire is divided into two smaller kingdoms (north and south) because of its large size. This is where conflicts ans special faction traits can be created.

By the way, it seems like you always draw ponies in the similar pose. XD

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

post-3492-0-41761300-1371563700_thumb.jpg

Equestria Prevails, after the pioneers have cleared the way.

@@Silverwisp the Bard, Starting form of King Sombra maybe in the last post? Hmmm... how about this for and idea? I am writting a fanfic about "The Flames of Balance" being a changeling type of mane 6 with QC. (Good Alingment) How about you draw... an alternative mane 6? Maybe a mane 6 of changelings? (not changelingfied)

The idea is that the post existed for quite some time before Sombra and that the outfit is traditional.

As for the changelings, I might fraw them, if you can provide me with the background an ´d I like what I see

Equestria Divided is a very grim world, and that's why I love it so much. The atmosphere is very thick there. I think it's rather hard to de-grimdark-ify them.

I adore the artstyle, but there is no way in hell that the Mane Six and others would act the way they do (murdering innocent, torturing ect,). It just seems like wanting to be dark for the sake of being dark.

Well, how about some pegasi skirmishers with hoof mini crossbow like I suggested? That will make a versatile unit. The strength won't be as good as normal crossbow, but pretty close. The crossbow is tied on the right hoof. They can reload it with the left leg. :3

Well I already got the Sagittari and crossbow seems like a bad choice while moving and airborne, seems to me like it would be really easy to loose the bolt...

By the way, it seems like you always draw ponies in the similar pose. XD

The "just standing there" pose is easier a good way to show of armor and weapons. Edited by Silverwisp the Bard
  • Brohoof 4

(edited)
I adore the artstyle, but there is no way in hell that the Mane Six and others would act the way they do (murdering innocent, torturing ect,). It just seems like wanting to be dark for the sake of being dark.

Aye. Those cultists look very... you know... clown... with sews... sadistic smile... ._.

I heard there's a fanfic about it. I would like to see if there's any, but the original one. I don't like sequels.

Well I already got the Sagittari and crossbow seems like a bad choice while moving and airborne, seems to me like it would be really easy to loose the bolt...

I don't know. Their anatomy seems off for bow. Their arm joints make it almost impossible to draw it. Also think about the arrow. Crossbow is the only ranged weapon which seems to fit their anatomy, in my opinion.

Edited by Sky Warden

(edited)

As for the changelings, I might fraw them, if you can provide me with the background an ´d I like what I see

Well i was thinking more like individual pics but we can do this. cave_entrance_by_x_ste_x-d3a7d4k.jpg

They are descending upon Tartarus... a huge network of continetal sized caverns below Equestria much like the Underdark from DnD! Descending to find... who knows? Maybe i'll tell you.

Or you could use this cardfight-vanguard-ep-2-6.jpg?w=1200&h=If you Could get the kid-ghost out of the way.

Edited by nioniosbbbb
  • Brohoof 1

Bumping with a wyvern:

post-3492-0-36180200-1371061405_thumb.jpg

Well i was thinking more like individual pics but we can do this.

Well, aren't we picky?

I love the idea of the gigantic cave system, but how should the Changeling Mane 6 look? Do you have any distinguishing features in mind?

• Brohoof 3

And some Equestrian Knights as the elite unit for the earth ponies:

post-3492-0-82710900-1372098183_thumb.jpg

Now I just need ideas for earth pony leaders...

Aye. Those cultists look very... you know... clown... with sews... sadistic smile... ._. I heard there's a fanfic about it. I would like to see if there's any, but the original one. I don't like sequels.

Actually, the cultists/undead annoy me nowhere as much as all the other ponies killing each other, especiallly the Mane Six.

• Brohoof 4

Well, aren't we picky?
Did it sound like that? So sorry... i just though it would be easier that way just that! So sorry... Hmmm... i was thinking that one should be muscular and strong kind of like Applejack is strong and stuff (Say like... "Element of Truth"), one with scales spanning over larger area and thicker looking somewhat knightly (Say like "Element of Trust"), an shadowy changeling elegant and precise that goes around without a step keeping others (changelings or more?) safe with little equipment next to none (Say like Robin Hood kind of like "Element of Selflessness"), a healer changeling that can feel the world's pain druid-like that looks like one with the forest lets say? Taking care of all other wounded changelings, animals or otherwise (Say like "Element of Compassion"), a changeling magician with big-eyes that can see the magic flowing in the sky? and an eternal smile that just makes YOU smile giving you courage. (http://www.mysticfamiliar.com/library/sacred_places/images/llfrc.JPG)  (Say like "Element of Courage"), Well as for the last one (Say "Element of Hope") I just propose you to listen to this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SdFHGFkyew4 and decide. 

I just did what i didn't want to do... be picky... UGH! Sorry... i just had to say this! Its just how i am picturing them! Is that so wrong? Am i evil for just saying my thoughts? Did i just get you a whole load of work that if commissioned would cost me a fortune? I am a real jerkbag... well nevertheless you decide what you do. I am just airing my thoughts here.

And some Equestrian Knights as the elite unit for the earth ponies: Knights.JPG Now I just need ideas for earth pony leaders...

Pretty armour. Sad thing that there's no way to fav a picture in the forums. :P

Why not paladin? Like the Juggernaut in Equestria Divided, but more renaissance. If you know what I mean. Tight plate on the legs, bulky metal chest, and box-ish holey-on-the-eye helmet. Give a halberd or simply a broad axe. The chainmail isn't seen. It's completely covered by the metal, from what I've seen. Even the joints are covered.

Actually, the cultists/undead annoy me nowhere as much as all the other ponies killing each other, especiallly the Mane Six.

The idea of the Smiling Dolls is interesting by the way. They way they kill... dem feels.

(edited)

And this is Muspel, a character I had lying around for a while, but only just gave profile:

post-3492-0-81651400-1372646468_thumb.jpg

I think, I'll use a variant of the robes for a pyromancer unit. (msaybe add another defensive spellcaster units that shields allies).

Why not paladin? Like the Juggernaut in Equestria Divided, but more renaissance.

Mainly because it would feel too much like a squadcommander for the knights, I'd like to make the Individuals something unique.

listen to this

Ahrg, cheesy filk! My one weakness!

Very well, I like your ideas and changelings will make for a nice change from all the clothing (I assume you want them without any). Should they wear any material elements like the Mane Six's necklaces?

• Brohoof 3

(edited)
I think, I'll use a variant of the robes for a pyromancer unit. (msaybe add another defensive spellcaster units that shields allies).

Does her neck have thick fur?

Pyromancer. Nice. You have to make a spellcaster which manipulates raw energy, or in the easier term, physical energy. They can be defensive or offensive.

Mainly because it would feel too much like a squadcommander for the knights, I'd like to make the Individuals something unique.

Well, in that case, you can use a unique symbol, weapon, or whatever. Unique weapons indicate high ranked warrior in many cultures in Asia. One can be famous with his bow, dual swords, or spear. I think in European culture, it's the armour and symbol or banner, like The House of Scipii or Julii. They basically used the same weapons and armours, but their banners and colours were different.

Try double-sided axe.

Edited by Sky Warden

Nice drawing, legit all around. The lyre adds a pretty cool touch to it, and placing the character in a time period before events we are familiar with gives it an original twist

Very well, I like your ideas and changelings will make for a nice change from all the clothing (I assume you want them without any). Should they wear any material elements like the Mane Six's necklaces?
They aren't nessecary... the clothes i mean. As i might have said before i have the idea that they are like "Flames". Tbh dont make them necklaces... but rather markings on their necks or foreheads (depending where it suits whichever character). It's because i believe that the elements of harmony as necklaces shouldnt exist but rather be like inner gifts. You could still keep the colors to that matter. 

Btw this is all just an idea... feel free to deviate and do it however you like. Also... feel free to not do this at all if you like because i don't want to be a thorn on people's sides.
  • Brohoof 1

Nice drawing, legit all around. The lyre adds a pretty cool touch to it, and placing the character in a time period before events we are familiar with gives it an original twist

Gives me more freedom in terms of what to do with him XD

Btw this is all just an idea... feel free to deviate and do it however you like. Also... feel free to not do this at all if you like because i don't want to be a thorn on people's sides.

Not at all, like I said, I like the idea. Might take some time though.

Here's Trust for a start:

post-3492-0-96087800-1373278184_thumb.jpg

• Brohoof 5

Nice! It definately captivates the "armored" characteristic! I was afraid that what it would end up not looking like a changeling but you managed to pull it of nicely. The reason i asked this is because i'm making a fic with them thats why. (Hope is Chrysalis suprise-surprise).

• Brohoof 1