If humans did exist in Equestria...What do you think they're like?

Rainbow Sparkle

The title says it simply, but lets expand on this. If humans do exist in the world of FIM, what do you think they are like? Are they basically us, perhaps with just lower tech? Do they exist as nomadic tribes, or as a powerful yet mysterious ancient civilization? Is it more of a Planet of the Apes thing, where humans exist but can't talk?

I like to think that if humans exist in the FIM world, their either nomadic tribes (perhaps akin to the mongols or turkic tribes) that live in a far off and isolated part of the world, or that their a powerful civilization that is mostly isolationist, content to remain within their own boundries.

What thoughts do you guys and gals have?

(edited)

Rejected by the pony society because of their selfish ways. Outside of Equestria. Waging war for oil and power and whatnot.

The entire Equestria is surrounded by a huge magic-layer that makes it invisible from outside.

Edited by Ouker
  • Brohoof 2

Maybe ponies just evolved from humans in this magical land.

I'd have to think that they have their own kingdom outside Equestria, but with Celestia and ponykind effectively running the planet (albeit in actual harmony), they're greatly overshadowed despite having lots of potential.

With that in mind, I have to consider what the perspective of humanity is from the eyes of ponykind. Most likely they're viewed as humans from Star Trek, somewhat arrogant yet peaceful (albeit after many centuries of extreme violence in their early history), or otherwise we could probably hear about some sort of epic pony-human war in Equestria's past history.

• Brohoof 1

Bronies would be changed in to ponies by the Royal Arcanium Society (the big council of unicorns), and they would be free to live with the ponies in peace.

Regular humans would wage war over oil and everything under the sun. Maybe we'll put them in arenas, all John Carter style.

Posted Image

(edited)

I actually came up with something like this for my fan-fic.

Humans were the very first sentient species to evolve on the planet. When the noticed Ponies being sentient, Humans helped develop and nurture their civilization. They also did this for the civilisation of the Diamond Dogs, but that's unrelated. The Onies and the Humans were of course, very different. Humans were bipedal primates, Ponies were quadrepedal ungulates. But the main difference between humans and any other sapient species on the planet, is that Humans are the only speies incapable of using any form of magic. The warlike nation Dracon, home of the Dragons, took notice of this. Dracon invaded the homeland of the humans, thinking that the hmans lack of magic would make them an easy target. At first, they were right. But then, the humans discovered their strength, science. Humans were already more scientifically advanced than the other nations. Necessity is the mother of invention, ad where other nations use magic to solve their problems, the humans used science. But during the war with the dragons, scientific development skyrocketed, and powerful weapons based not on magic, but science were created. The humans crafted powerful explosives and firearms, as well as advanced medicine and chemical warfare. Many dragons were slain, and the Humans won the war. But their foreign policy was changed forever. They became highly reclusive and paranoid, not trusting any other species, worried that they would try to take advantage of them as the dragons did. Over the years, they have softened somewhat. They are on good terms with Equestria, the Zebra nation, and the Diamond Dogs, but they still keep their advanced science hidden, as it is their only advantage over magic-wielding races. They are not devoid of compassion either. If a natural disaster or lethal disease were to strike one of their allies, they would help them, but the way the technology worked would be kept secret, and they would make sure it did not fall into the hands of other nations.

Edited by zzuxon
  • Brohoof 1

This is what I think.. I think if humans lived together with ponies in Equestria, there would be certain villages that would come to accept the humans and there would other ones that hate humans and want their race to die. So pretty much if they go to the areas where they are hated, they would probably be kicked out of that village. But on the other hand some humans will hate ponies for this type of attitude towards ponies and the ones that come to accept them will not be trusted by the humans. Which just creates a complex situation.

(edited)

Posted Image

I'd think we all would be parasprites

Posted Image

"You move to an area and you multiply... and multiply until every natural resource is consumed. The only way you can survive is to spread to another area."

Edited by Thereisnospoon303
  • Brohoof 6

Backwards XD

but anyway yeah we'd be the awesome hermits in everfree forest somewhere..

More like hermits on an entire seperate continent. And not hermits too eah other, but to the rest of the world.

Maybe ponies just evolved from humans in this magical land.

There are some people who have suggested this. I take it a step further and go all Parasite Eve on the idea and say it was the result of a purposeful genetic experiment.

Bronies would be changed in to ponies by the Royal Arcanium Society (the big council of unicorns), and they would be free to live with the ponies in peace.

You misunderstood. The idea here is not that humans from our world go to equestria, but that there are already humans existing in their world.

I actually came up with something like this for my fan-fic.

Humans were the very first sentient species to evolve on the planet. When the noticed Ponies being sentient, Humans helped develop and nurture their civilization. They also did this for the civilisation of the Diamond Dogs, but that's unrelated. The Onies and the Humans were of course, very different. Humans were bipedal primates, Ponies were quadrepedal ungulates. But the main difference between humans and any other sapient species on the planet, is that Humans are the only speies incapable of using any form of magic. The warlike nation Dracon, home of the Dragons, took notice of this. Dracon invaded the homeland of the humans, thinking that the hmans lack of magic would make them an easy target. At first, they were right. But then, the humans discovered their strength, science. Humans were already more scientifically advanced than the other nations. Necessity is the mother of invention, ad where other nations use magic to solve their problems, the humans used science. But during the war with the dragons, scientific development skyrocketed, and powerful weapons based not on magic, but science were created. The humans crafted powerful explosives and firearms, as well as advanced medicine and chemical warfare. Many dragons were slain, and the Humans won the war. But their foreign policy was changed forever. They became highly reclusive and paranoid, not trusting any other species, worried that they would try to take advantage of them as the dragons did. Over the years, they have softened somewhat. They are on good terms with Equestria, the Zebra nation, and the Diamond Dogs, but they still keep their advanced science hidden, as it is their only advantage over magic-wielding races. They are not devoid of compassion either. If a natural disaster or lethal disease were to strike one of their allies, they would help them, but the way the technology worked would be kept secret, and they would make sure it did not fall into the hands of other nations.

This is actually rather interesting, and I have to say I would not have a problem at all if humans were revealed in the show in a manner like this.

Humans are legend. Their ruins lie all about Equestria. The ponies are fearful of entering. Humans were reputed to once wielded the vast powers of a mysterious magic called, Science. Through unknown abilities humans are believed to have created the various sentient races of Equestria, They genetically modified the griffons, the manticores, the ponies the dogs and the minotaurs...all were created to be their slaves.

Humans lorded over their world, and began to explore other worlds, other possibilities. One such place was Equestria. Slaves were sent ahead to prepare the land, but the ponies discovered magic. Indeed the land was infused with magic. A slave rebellion took place, the humans were driven out and the slaves closed the portal to the human world. Only one lives who remembers that day, the undying Discord, a human twisted and driven mad by magic.

Today the humans are all but forgotten save for a convenient boogeyman. Only a few remember the threat and tremble at the thought of humans opening the portal once again. Celestia has recently become alarmed with a letter from Twilight. Pinkie is seeing into another world, and describes beings that could only be...human. Pinkie reports these beings are aware of the ponies as well, but don't believe what they are seeing. These beings call themselves, Bronies.

Celestia is debating. She could use the Elements to destroy. There are ways (ancient magics) to wipe out other worlds. She has already sent the statue of Discord to this other world. Perhaps more investigation is in order....Hmmm.

• Brohoof 1

They'd keep us around for sure. Call me egotistical, but our inteligence is what built us up. And they're magic would prove useful to us. too. We'd get along pretty well.

The question is not how would humans be different from living in Equestria. The question is how would Equestria be different with humans in it. I've discussed human nature AT LENGTH in other threads, but when it comes down to it, we are the meanest sons of bitches in the universe. We don't play nice, we learn to kill everything else to that we can eke out a living, and end up dominating, even at the cost of all else. Whether for good or for evil, we would still be our warlike, wheeling and dealing selves, just with sentient ponies and dragons around us.

Definitely an interesting topic to think about.

In pony territory I guess we're more tribal than normal. Living in those strange lands where the weather changes by itself and everything!

We'd have to rely on such locations unless we are "future" humans who can also control the weather.

This does lower the chance that we took over land from ponies, since how would we be able to live there without any form of "normal" weather?

Our societies compared to this world would probably be A lot smaller in general. We wouldn't be in the billions but rather millions tops... or well, the amount of ponies is rather hard to guess because of the general scale in MLP.

They don't have giant skyscrapers yet. So the population density of ponies is already "low". Humans would probably have lesser technology or different or equal. (given they have had contact with ponies) if not then it's entirely different game

Since then there would be no sign of human influence on Pony technology, which doesn't limit us to their standards and would enable humans to have gathered higher tech outside of Pony knowledge.

or our contact was so minimal that technology couldn't have been shared or spied on. Or even lost and found by either party.

I'd say humans would most likely be like OP said, nomadic in lifestyle. Lacking abilities, Ponies do have like controlling weather and magic, we would be spending a lot of time finding suitable locations to live.

Considering not every place has automatic environments (like the Everfree forest) and those places seem to be infested with giant creatures, we would be low in the food chain.

... Makes me wonder, would we have met Tribes of Zebras, assuming they life similar lives.

Anyhow, great thread, tons of things to think about.

(edited)

This was the premise for a fan fic that I had yet to start.

Humans are originally from Earth. They've advanced so much in technology that they can travel at 99.999% the speed of light and have harnessed the power of the Black Hole to instantaneously transport themselves to any point where humans have their black hole harnessing technology. So far, no intelligent life was found in the Orion Belt of the Milky Way.

Although they advanced so much in technology, their need for domination, conquest, and curiosity is insatiable. Though Earth is at peace, a massive corporation called "Millennium Heights" plans a great expedition into the vast unknown, the owner sick of life in the Orion belt. So, with a random wormhole, the CEO and 100 colonists land on Equestria.

Long story short, establishment of the human colony is a failure after Discord's reign destroys most of their computers (Models go screwy when cotton candy clouds rain down and the night and day cycle is random) and kills some of their colonists. The owner goes into a stasis pod and the colony is now a peculiar ruin with only the master computer and deactivated defense turrets left, the rest of the colonists die from an unknown virus.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As for if the humans evolved in Equestria, humans would be ultra-advanced. Humans, we can all agree, are very intelligent creatures and humans have the capacity to exploit the land and resources. Ponies, from what we can see in the show, aren't as ambitious as humans.

But humans have that tendency to want to dominate and be superior, like all Apex Predators. Either they would've realized that fighting the ponies was fruitless (Science vs. Magic) and lived in isolationist villages. Or they would've just left Equestria after being sufficiently advanced enough.

Edited by Espionage