Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

New Official MLP:FIM Plushies

Champion RD92

(edited)

I'm fine with everything except the hair. It just looks... Lazy. Like they were making it and said "Oh crap, we need to get these out sooner. Let's put some shitty streamers on their head. Okay? Okay. Done." It's just tacky.

But it's still an improvement from that one Twilight plushie... I nearly screamed when I first saw it... Hopefully, they'll improve. If not... Then I guess I'm spending all my money on a custom plushie.

I think I must have wrote the above post in my sleep and not realized it. LOL! I think it looks lazy, too. I've seen some INCREDIBLE plushies of cartoon characters that were spot-on ... Scooby Doo, the Penguins of Madagascar and lots of others. I can sew, myself, and really don't understand why it's so difficult to get a good pony plushie. One that's actually good and that looks exactly like the cartoons would be just as cheap to produce as a badly-designed one. Hasbro needs to fire whatever factory is designing these horrible plushies.

This is a FACTORY MADE, mass-produced Scooby Doo. If they can get this kind of quality from a factory, then surely Hasbro should be able to. Maybe the factory Hasbro is using just sucks.

Posted Image

Edited by SydneyGrey
  • Brohoof 3

Mmweehh.... I can try to get someone to fix the Pinkie one for me xD

.... hmm... if I get 2 I can try to get someone to fix the Dashie one as well :3

(edited)

If they're cheap enough, I'm tempted to buy them just so I can tear out those horrid manes/tails and give them custom manes and tails. That would vastly improve them, right there. The heads are still off, but they're (just barely) OK.

Edited by SydneyGrey

(edited)

O RLY?

Posted Image

This one is SO BAD. I couldn't bring myself to buy one even when I saw it had gone on sale at my store. My four-year-old who loves My Little Pony didn't even want it!!!! And she usually wants every stuffed animal under the sun! Edited by SydneyGrey
  • Brohoof 4

To be honest...

I really, really, really like the way these plushies look! > 3< Sure, they may not look uber awesome like the fanmade ones, but they are a hell of a lot better than the last two plushies they used to sell. x-x;

I can't wait for these to hit the shelves! And these will be sooo much cheaper than the fanmade plushies~

My only complaint is that they don't have Fluttershy... >:U

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

I saw these and rushed right out to the store to get 'me. I am not disappoint! Cute, cuddly, perfectly evocative of the characters if not show-perfect, and only $5! I love 'em, my kids love 'em, and I don't care if they cuddle them to death for only $5.

They can now leave my OOAK handmade crocheted (also not show-perfect) Pinkie Pie alone. ;)

• Brohoof 1

doll making? what kind of dolls

btw wanna make a g 3.5 rainbow dash ? lol

Actually, I'm gonna try my best to make these 4g ponies first.

Okies, upon buying one of these and ripping it apart for study and improvement purposes. (Sorry Pinkie Pie fans) I found that the body is decent and can use a little touch up. I'm actually gonna experiment with various head designs as I believe the heads on these can be vastly improved upon. I'm also bumping the scale of these, for templates to make a pony plush 3x the size of these models.

Wish me luck!

• Brohoof 3

It kind of looks like they threw fabric on the brushable dolls...and added yarny-velvet ribbon hair.

It makes me miss my Hasbro Softie. At least those were pretty passable.

I'd like to think that Hasbro is doing this on purpose so they do not put all of the plushy makers out of business. It wouldn't be hard for them to make WhiteDove plushies or better and with their resources they could mass produced it and sell it for a fraction of WhiteDove's price.