Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

A 25 Minute story: "Where is that letter?"

Neikos

Where is that letter?

“Where did I put it...!”, Twilight grumbled, her bedmane still way obvious, “I placed it around here somewhere... Gah!” Twilight shouted in anger, even if the sound of it stayed in the library, Ponies around could feel that someone was having a less than pleasant morning.

“Perhaps in the drawer with pictures of Pinkie Pie?... No that would make no sense. So then the box under the bed with acrylics? No! I didn’t touch that for at least a month already.”, she seemed to be rather desperate at trying to find... something?

“Spi-iiike!”, she suddenly yelled out for the young dragon, her personal assistant, he had to be around her somewhere... right? After all... assistants should always be close by to help should the need arise. Or at at least that is what she thought, but after she got no response Twilight figured that he was probably still at Rarities since she allowed him to sleep there. The Crusaders were having a “Cutiemark Crusader Sleepover at Rarities’ Boutique”.

After a few more minutes of desperate research she sat onto the ground and sighed, the novel she had written for the past week... she couldn’t find it anymore. And yet she was certain she had placed it on the desk yesterday evening. Or rather this morning as she went to bed quite late. And the story was rather embarrassing as well.. Her style was a bit cheesy at some points and a few sentences needed rephrasing.

Spike came home later that day, he was quite content and whistled as he opened the wooden door that led into the public part of the Library. “Twilight! I’m home.”, he shouted out, hoping to not interrupt her in anything. As he opened the private parts of the Library, he gasped as he saw Twilight lying on the bed. Not because she was doing anything, but because it was 3 PM!

Twilight never overslept and this all smelled really fishy to him. He was quickly by her side and poked her into the side. “Twi, you’re okay?”, he asked her. “I can- fine my nouvel.”, it came out from under the pillow. Spike chuckled, “What? Sorry, Twilight, but when you’re talking into the pillow I understand exactly nothing.” Twilight slowly turned her face to look at spike, “I can’t find my novel...”, she sighed again before borrowing her head in the pillow once more.

Spike frowned in thought for a moment, before shrugging and asking “Where did you put it...?”. Twilight would point towards the desk with a lazy hoof, “Ovar ther.”, one could hear.

Spike froze for a moment, “On the desk?”, he thought, “But... she told me yesterday that those were all letters for Celestia.” He bit his lip and poked Twilight again, “Erm... Twilight, I think I might know where your novel is.”

Upon hearing that Twilight literally jumped up and looked expectantly towards Spike, “Then tell silly!”
“I think, Celestia has it.”
“Ugh...”, Twilight let herself fall onto the bed again, a few feathers flew out of the pillow. “Spike, don’t you know...”

“Celestia. Never. Forgets.”, she paused, “I will be ridiculed all my life, I am sure of it.”

So I wrote this in the "30 Min Ponies" challenge.
This time the theme was: "Celestia remembers."
http://thirtyminuteponies.tumblr.com/post/26931295174/prompt-41-memories-of-the-sun

It actually only took me 25 mins.

• Brohoof 1