Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

FlutterDash Shipping Fanmusic Yay! [Rainbows & Butterflies]

Satsuki Kiryuin

I created this song at first as an experiment for mixing(I suck at mixing), but I thought that it might go well for my tribute to the FlutterDash shipping. Feedback and critique please! ^.^

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=-BaPL6tEnSA

• Brohoof 1

Cute ^^ Nice job. I don't care for this shipping, and see Dashie as a sort of older sister figure to Fluttershy in the fact she tries to get her to be more outgoing, but still tries to be supportive for her when she can, in her own way, but regardless, my view doesn't mean this isn't pretty good. Is this the first shipping-related piece you've done? You should try some of the others, perhaps, in the future. It'd certainly be interesting to see various works from different shippings, and see the change in mood and sounds from song to song ;)

Cute ^^ Nice job. I don't care for this shipping, and see Dashie as a sort of older sister figure to Fluttershy in the fact she tries to get her to be more outgoing, but still tries to be supportive for her when she can, in her own way, but regardless, my view doesn't mean this isn't pretty good. Is this the first shipping-related piece you've done? You should try some of the others, perhaps, in the future. It'd certainly be interesting to see various works from different shippings, and see the change in mood and sounds from song to song ;)

I totally agree with your statement, but I just fine the FlutterDash shipping kind of cute.^^

Yes, this is my very first shipping piece. Yes I do plan on at least doing one more shipping piece. =D

I'm not much of a mare x mare fan but honestly you did a great job, I like the video ;)

Thanks a lot =D, I'm very pleased that people enjoyed it.^^

(edited)

Not a bad first attempt at mixing. I see you started up that compressor and it's working fine, but try to tweak some of the knobs on it. I suggest adjusting the attack and release knobs a tad. The general build was neat, but try to add some additional EQ to push the compressor. Like for instance, make sure to keep and eye on that spectrum so that you have sufficent bass ammounts contra the treble.

You're really getting the hang of the sound FX when it comes to white-noise and cymbals, but I suggest adding some more hits to add effect, aswell as skipping some of the reverb on the FX in order for it to blend in more with the music. But keep in mind that ups and downs with white-noise and different drum beats can only change the dynamics so far. In order to really make it intresting and progressive, you'll have to work with filters and instruments placed differently on the frequency-spectrum aswell as some variation in the melody.

In score, I'd give it

Melody: 3/5 - It's a good one, only a bit alone;) -some variation would be awesome

Mixing: 3.5/5 - keep up the good work with that compressor! The EQ is getting there - keep an eye on the spectrum

Edited by WiponCat

-snip-

This is really odd I could've sworn I followed this topic xD. Thanks for the advice I really appreciate the detailed feedback and tips you gave me.^^

Also, it's quite a shame to see you leave the forums. Have a great time elsewhere and hopefully, we might meet again.