Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

A Song for Vinyl Scratch

BookWorm

A song I made while thinking about Vinyl Scratch. It features several quotes from My Little Pony and has three distinct parts; one extremely bass heavy, one leaning toward electro swing, and one melodic and slow. The image in the video was done by Cloud Chaser, on this forum. Go check out Cloud Chaser, by the way; cool stuff :)

Lastly, the song is free to download; follow the link in the YouTube description.

I hope you like it!

Well... It may just because of my musical bias, but a lot of this song sounds very sloppy. It sounds like you are putting a bunch of sounds on top of each other, and this makes this jumbled. Around 2:30, this started to clear up, but I must point out that the cymbal has a little too much sustain. I don't think it sounds right lasting that long. The cymbal itself sounds too realistic, and sticks out from the rest of the music because of this.

Though I did like the part with a lot of bass. The beat fit well with the "melody", and it sounded pretty nice.

If I would have to rate this, I'd give you a 5/10. Not bad. :)

• Brohoof 1

Well... It may just because of my musical bias, but a lot of this song sounds very sloppy. It sounds like you are putting a bunch of sounds on top of each other, and this makes this jumbled. Around 2:30, this started to clear up, but I must point out that the cymbal has a little too much sustain. I don't think it sounds right lasting that long. The cymbal itself sounds too realistic, and sticks out from the rest of the music because of this.

Though I did like the part with a lot of bass. The beat fit well with the "melody", and it sounded pretty nice.

If I would have to rate this, I'd give you a 5/10. Not bad. :)

Thank you for the analysis. I really appreciate it.

• Brohoof 1

With me, flattery will get you everywhere! B)

Wow! Vinyl Scratch as I live and breathe. You got me interested in mixing music again. I know the sound isn't 100% professional yet, but I'm working on it. Thanks for commenting. May I ask what you thought of the song? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.