Friendship Is Magic on DVD

Twi Rubix

This is gonna happen sooner or later, but I heard nothing about a DVD release yet. (For United States anyways...) There could be some exclusive stuff on the DVD (Deleted scenes, interviews, etc.) Plus, how many episodes will there be on the DVD? just one whole season, or more?

What do you want to see on the Friendship is Magic DVD?

Edited by TwilightRubix

Actually, Equestria Daily did something on a DVD. Apparently there is already one in somewhere like Australia or somewhere. I cant remember where it was for the life of me.

Actually, Equestria Daily did something on a DVD. Apparently there is already one in somewhere like Australia or somewhere. I cant remember where it was for the life of me.

I don't think there is one in Australia, my sister works at a DVD store and I asked her and they don't have one... although thats only one DVD store, I will keep an eye out for one, but it seems unlikely because the show doesn't even air here. Edited by Flare

Well if it was out I would get it for christmas. But what I would want on the DVD is every episode from Season one and two, and have extra features. Oh and if it came also in a special pack it should include some items like a t-shirt or a small toy or even a plushie. :]

Uh all the episodes and interviews, I just got a blu ray player, maybe some extras, but DVDs are becoming obsolete due to downloads and teh interwebz! Besides, all of season 1 is available on iTunes. Edited by Samthelegoman

Uh all the episodes and interviews, I just got a blu ray player, maybe some extras, but DVDs are becoming obsolete due to downloads and teh interwebz! Besides, all of season 1 is available on iTunes.

Agreed. A bonus DVD with extras would be a great idea, but as for the original season’s being sold, I don’t think it will happen. It wouldn’t be in the company’s best interest of making money considering the rivaling cheap internet distribution and slowing DVD market. I think they’ll just stick to iTunes and such for now, but as a fan I would definitely buy the DVD’s if they ever did come out.

Agreed. A bonus DVD with extras would be a great idea, but as for the original season’s being sold, I don’t think it will happen. It wouldn’t be in the company’s best interest of making money considering the rivaling cheap internet distribution and slowing DVD market. I think they’ll just stick to iTunes and such for now, but as a fan I would definitely buy the DVD’s if they ever did come out.

​ Defiantly! computer will be obsolete one day, for downloading stuff in your head, now you can watch whenever you want if it was possible! :trollface:

Shout Factory stated that they don't have any plans to produce full season DVD sets unless The Friendship Express sells a significant amount of copies in the United States. I don't remember the exact number, but it's very large, somewhere in the thousands. If enough US bronies purchase that DVD, the publisher may consider arranging season sets.

In regards to the iTune sales, nobody buys them, the amount of people who do is scarce. Those rips suffer from various issues, the most notable one being incorrect colors, the majority of bronies would rather download better TV rips from YouTube for free than have to pay for those same files just tweaked. In my personal opinion, I love owning physical copies of merchandise, you will always have them and don't have to worry about your harddrive getting nuked and losing everything. If the seasons ever get DVD or Blu-ray releases I will absolutely buy them.

Box set, with the official sound track CD! I will except nothing less.

I would be thrilled if it came with small figures of the mane six, too! The first disk of the Galaxy Angel box set came with character figures! FIM should also!

(Actually, I'll probably buy in whatever form it's released!)

Edited by cuteycindyhoney
  • Brohoof 1