Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Which underrated games have you played?

1mlpfim

Have you ever enjoyed a videogame from your childhood, found in the internet, or any good game that you noticed people don't even know about it?That it doesn't have the attention it deserves?

As for me:

1 Mario Tennis Power Tour GBA

2 Super Mario World 3 Yoshi's Island GBA

3 Baseball Advance GBA

4 Digimon Battle Spirit 2 GBA

5 Harry Potter Quidditch World Cup GBA

6 Pokemon Pinball GBA

7 Punch Out!!! NES

8 Buck Bumble N64

9 Little Samson NES (OH, specially this one, check it out if you have the chance)

(With no specific order)

• Brohoof 1

Have you ever enjoyed a videogame from your childhood, found in the internet, or any good game that you noticed people don't even know about it?That it doesn't have the attention it deserves?

As for me:

1 Mario Tennis Power Tour GBA

2 Super Mario World 3 Yoshi's Island GBA

3 Baseball Advance GBA

4 Digimon Battle Spirit 2 GBA

5 Harry Potter Quidditch World Cup GBA

6 Pokemon Pinball GBA

7 Punch Out!!! NES

8 Buck Bumble N64

9 Little Samson NES (OH, specially this one, check it out if you have the chance)

(With no specific order)

SINCE WHEN IS YOSHI'S ISLAND UNDERRATED?!? wat.

anyways, what I can think of is Mario strikers charged, luigi's mansion... I'm sure theres more I can't remember

• Brohoof 1

Lets see...

Blue Dragon Xbox360

Custom Robo Arena DS

Lost Magic DS

Rocket the Robot on Wheels N64

I dunno, other than that I usually just buy really highly rated games, but I know theres a few others I've left out

• Brohoof 2

The Ys series.

(I dunno how to post YouTube vids, but it's a great game, it's kinda like Zelda, minus the button pressing)

Just post the link and the video will pop-up. you can even hit preview to make sure it works for you.
  • Brohoof 1

One of the greatest PSX games ever made, Legend of Dragoon. Sadly it took four years to make and it was released at the end of the PSX's lifespan. God what a fantastic game that was, took me 80 + hours to beat that game; I did it three times, looking forward to a fourth!

Lets see...

Blue Dragon Xbox360

Custom Robo Arena DS

Lost Magic DS

Rocket the Robot on Wheels N64

I dunno, other than that I usually just buy really highly rated games, but I know theres a few others I've left out

I used to play Blue Dragon, but god almighty I threw that game out the window immediately after that horrid television show. It literally ruined the entire story for me! You should check out Enchanted Arms though. It's a bit buggy, but god it was so awesome. It felt like they tried to combine a sort of poke'mon/digimon hybrid but with machines with a form of Final Fantasy Tactics. Great game.
  • Brohoof 1

Spyro: Enter the Dragonfly.

Sure, the game was bugged and all, but really it only screws up if you preform the swimming in air glitch. I wish they haden't rushed it.. now Spyro is just.. not Spyro. At all. :/

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Reading the first post again (yes again, I read it before just didn't comprehend since it conflicts with the topic title in my head) I understand that this topic is about both kinda so I'll do that.

Baroque

Goblin Commander

Dirge of Cerberus

Wild Arms 1 and 2

Baten Kaitos: Eternal Wings and the Lost Ocean

Baten Kaitos Origins

Alice: Madness Returns

Resonance of Fate

Edited by Raronoopa
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

The MySims series on the Wii. Not so much underrated, but uderappreciated, alot of people think it sucks but it really doesn't. In the original MySims, you could create anything to your heart's content, barely any limits, but people say that it's tedius and redundent, and that's because they focus on the "story" which isn't what the game should be for. plus the characters there are fun and memerable (to me). In MySims Kingdom, it's more of an adventure game and almost everything takes place outside, which is just fine, they had to change some elements. They focused more on the people and the story this time around, which is good, and people seemed to like that a bit more. The third one, MySims Agents, wasn't as underappreciated as the others, but it still got some crap from people. It's a mystery solving adventure game, which I absolutly loved, I was always a sucker for puzzels and mysteries. And this time, they gave the guy you created a real personallity.

tl;dr - The MySims games are great in spite of what people say. I'd play them anyday.

Edited by RiverBankNut
  • Brohoof 2

The MySims series on the Wii. Not so much underrated, but uderappreciated, alot of people think it sucks but it really doesn't. In the original MySims, you could create anything to your heart's content, barely any limits, but people say that it's tedius and redundent, and that's because they fucos on the "story" which isn't what the game should be for. plus the characters there are fun and memerable (to me). In MySims Kingdom, it's more of an adventure game and almost everything takes place outside, which is just fine, they had to change some elements. They focused more on the people and the story this time around, which is good, and people seemed to like that a bit more. The third one, MySims Agents, wasn't as underappreciated as the others, but it still got some crap from people. It's a mystery solving adventure game, which I absolutly loved, I was always a sucker for puzzels and mysteries. And this time, they gave the guy you created a real personallity.

tl;dr - The MySims games are great in spite of what people say. I'd play them anyday.

Yeah... My sims... I'm one of the people who didn't like the game. I didn't HATE it, kingdom was better than the first but was too short and like you said people say, REALLY tedious
  • Brohoof 1

Yeah... My sims... I'm one of the people who didn't like the game. I didn't HATE it, kingdom was better than the first but was too short and like you said people say, REALLY tedious

Hey, that's your opinion and I respect it. It wasn't tedious for me, but I guess it is JUST me. Which is a little unfourtunate.
  • Brohoof 1

Hey, that's your opinion and I respect it. It wasn't tedious for me, but I guess it is JUST me. Which is a little unfourtunate.

Then again, I think the regular sims is better, and expect it to be like the sims... And got buddy. Lots, and lots, of buddy.
  • Brohoof 1

Limbo! I wanted to play it for ages and then found it in the Humble Bundle deal, so I bought it (alongside a few others). I'm not usually into puzzle games, but I think Limbo is an exception.

Spyro: Enter the Dragonfly.

Sure, the game was bugged and all, but really it only screws up if you preform the swimming in air glitch. I wish they haden't rushed it.. now Spyro is just.. not Spyro. At all. :/

So true! For me, the best Spyro is YOTD (game of my childhood). The new redesign of Spyro is really creepy looking, he used to be so cute. :(

• Brohoof 1

Reading the first post again (yes again, I read it before just didn't comprehend since it conflicts with the topic title in my head) I understand that this topic is about both kinda so I'll do that.

Baroque

Goblin Commander

Dirge of Cerberus

Wild Arms 1 and 2

Baten Kaitos: Eternal Wings and the Lost Ocean

Baten Kaitos Origins

Alice: Madness Returns

Resonance of Fate

I really disliked Baroque. Go deeper and deeper into a dungeon and have it reset so many times. Easy to die and you don't even retain anything on any of the dungeon walk ins. My friend bought it brand new and literally gave it to me the following day saying it felt too broken for him to play. I tried giving it to some other people but the refused it! So I gave it to my little nephew. It now sits up on a shelf collecting dust.....

ummm i guess Blazblue i dunno...I loved that game but the story mode sucked :T I play alot of overated games XD

Blazeblue was a terrific fighting game. Taokaka was my favorite character, god I love playing as her. Zipping around the screen with a strange pattern I enjoyed very much so; friends not so much. It's supposed to get a PS Vita game soon.
  • Brohoof 1

I loved playing as Litchi,trolling pepole wth my epic combo's >:3 and finish them with my Astral Heat and in the end a big ass 100 combo!

Psychonauts.

If You have not played the game get it now. It has great humor and gameplay.

Not exactly underated, more underapreciated by the public. Sold poorly at first but now it has a big following.

Psychonauts.

If You have not played the game get it now. It has great humor and gameplay.

Not exactly underated, more underapreciated by the public. Sold poorly at first but now it has a big following.

The humble indie bundle gave that game with the entire thing. I'll play it eventually when I can. Came with Amnesia:Dark Descent, Limbo, Bastion, Superbrothers Sword & Sorcery LP, Super Meat Boy and Lone Survivor along with all the soundtracks to each game.

I really disliked Baroque. Go deeper and deeper into a dungeon and have it reset so many times. Easy to die and you don't even retain anything on any of the dungeon walk ins. My friend bought it brand new and literally gave it to me the following day saying it felt too broken for him to play. I tried giving it to some other people but the refused it! So I gave it to my little nephew. It now sits up on a shelf collecting dust.....

Blazeblue was a terrific fighting game. Taokaka was my favorite character, god I love playing as her. Zipping around the screen with a strange pattern I enjoyed very much so; friends not so much. It's supposed to get a PS Vita game soon.

That's exactly how it's supposed to play. It's a Roguelike RPG, they are made specifically to play that way. :P

Roguelikes, if you don't know already, are games based on the cult-classic game Rogue which used that system first where you travel through randomly generated dungeons as far as you can go, making sure your stamina meter stays as high possible and fighting enemies and if you die or lose all your stamina then lose all your health (Which gradually goes down if your character is hungry/has no stamina) then you start over from the beginning. At least Baroque connects the multiple playthroughs of the Neuro Tower through story. The original Rogue just started the game over entirely with no connection to the last playthrough, Fatal Labyrinth for the Sega Genesis is also a Roguelike and can be found on Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection for the PS3, 360 and PC.

It's a unique genre and it's made to play that way so it's not like it's unbalanced or broken.

The humble indie bundle gave that game with the entire thing. I'll play it eventually when I can. Came with Amnesia:Dark Descent, Limbo, Bastion, Superbrothers Sword & Sorcery LP, Super Meat Boy and Lone Survivor along with all the soundtracks to each game.

Those are all great games. trust me psychonauts will be well worth whatever money you gave. (If its $1 then you can count on it.)