Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Brook

(edited)

I'll quote my husband on this one:

1. If you don't like it, DO something about it! Be crafty. Acetone off the eyes and paint on ones that are more asthetically pleasing to you. If you don't like the hair, CUT IT. CURL IT. Buzz it off, yank out the plugs and SCULPT hair on. But don't just complain about it, especially when there's a solution that just takes some (fun) effort on your part. It's called customizing. Have FUN with your ponies, but be aware if you care about collector's value (which it seems 99% of pony collecting bronies dont :P) doing this will destroy any future value the pony may have.

2. Yes. The target demographic IS little girls. The toys are for LITTLE GIRLS. (And big girls who are still little at heart. *guilty*) There's a TON of other merch beginning to flood the market for older audiences, such as apparel, bags, and yes even butt-fugly plushies. A note on the plushies, if you don't like what Hasbro puts out: go support a struggling plush artist on DeviantArt or Etsy! There's BJILLIONS of talented artists out there dying to make you a plush. How much do you really want a show accurate plush? Enough to spend the money it would take to get one? No? Then be happy with what Hasbro gives you or make your own.

Myself, I love all ponies custom or manufactured and my collection is rediculously large. And now they have their own castle. But that's neither here nor there. Honestly, all I'm saying is this: what Hasbro sees: $$$$$$ In their bank. WHY would they change what is obviously working because a minority of people is unhappy with it? :)

Well, I agree with everything beside 2 things:

1. Sorry, but I won't be cought dead brushing a pony's hair, that part is still not for me. So styling is sort-of out of the question? Somewhat.

2. Well, I think Hasbro could see way more $$$ if they changed it so ALL the bronies would be happy (or at least a larger part)

But for the most part I agree, too bad I can't pay for anything through the internet :(

Edited by RiverBankNut

The blind bag toys look accurate to me. In fact, they look more accurate than the ones in the boxes.

I agree with this, I would potentially buy the blind bag toys I don't think anything else other then custom plushies look anything close to show accurate.

I only have 1 custom though, they cost well to much me :(

I WOULD USE THE MOON AS CURRENCY IF I COULD JUST GET ME A VINYL AND OCTAVIA PLUSHIE SET!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Look them up on ebay, there are plenty of ones that are not too expensive. I know someone paid 6000 dollars for a Chrysalis plushie, but I saw a very good rainbow dash plush that was only about 20-25 dollars.

I have 6 out of 8 of the 2012 Happy Meal toys, and they are the best versions of the toys right now at the moment.

Blind bags are a bit better, though smaller. Except for the Fluttershy figure, they got that all wrong.

Something I really like about the McDonald's figures is that even though the tails are brushable whereas the manes are not, once you comb them out they more or less take on a show-accurate shape. At least that's how mine worked out, and I didn't even try to make that happen.

But I agree with those who are calling for some higher quality merchandise, at least when it somes to the mane 6. It wouldn't really be more expensive or difficult for them; as with all the others they just have to design a mold for the new stuff.

• Brohoof 1

Well, i just got this:

https://encrypted-tbn2.google.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ2BH605Sx_INsTsQdnGh2kVnTmlu9zi-losyrKYWUYznpqKEW8pg

And they look exactly like from the show. Plus my sister got the cloudsdale version of this and it has a wonderbolt, rainbowdash and gilda and they all look really good. So i think your coming across some bad toys because remember, just because thousands of grown men like MLP doesnt mean that little kids stopped liking it.

Well, i just got this:

https://encrypted-tb...KYWUYznpqKEW8pg

And they look exactly like from the show. Plus my sister got the cloudsdale version of this and it has a wonderbolt, rainbowdash and gilda and they all look really good. So i think your coming across some bad toys because remember, just because thousands of grown men like MLP doesnt mean that little kids stopped liking it.

Those look awesome. I haven't seen them anywhere here though so whatever. Also I do agree that the toys aren't meant just for grown men and teenagers, they are meant for kids as well.

Those look awesome. I haven't seen them anywhere here though so whatever. Also I do agree that the toys aren't meant just for grown men and teenagers, they are meant for kids as well.

Well in my area there is a toys r us with tons of those along with a FULL shelf of blind bags, man am i lucky!

Well in my area there is a toys r us with tons of those along with a FULL shelf of blind bags, man am i lucky!

I'll say! My hot-topic doesn't have hardly anything. My Target doesn't have anything, and my Toys R' Us might have something. I don't stop by toys R' Us very often.

I'll say! My hot-topic doesn't have hardly anything. My Target doesn't have anything, and my Toys R' Us might have something. I don't stop by toys R' Us very often.

Yeah, your 2nd best bet is to just order off the internet. Ebays got some great deals but most arent all that cheap.

On ebay my wedding set is 10$+ while in my toys r us its only 7$ :)

But keep trying!