Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Brook

(edited)

Two things here. The first is my statement, the second is clarifacation.

1) I really hate the current pony toys in the market, they look NOTHING like the show, NOTHING. Not only that, they look ugly as hell, and the eyes look like stickers. What I want to buy is either a plushie (I really like plushies), or a figurine which actually resembales the show.

2) Now, what bothers me the most is the hair, it's extremly ugly. And I know that the whole concept of the toy line is being able to brush the mane but I don't care. And neither does half the fandom. Hasbro is obiously trying to market these toys to little girls, but after two years and almost 10,000 bronies, they should probably change the target demographic. So to sum up, what I want is either plastic hair, or some other material. Just make it look like the show. Hell, give me a cardboard cut-out, just as long as it looks like the show.

tl;dr - I request better toys, get on it Hasbro.

Edit: I'm trying to bring up two points here, one is that Hasbro barely changed the old design even though the audience changed. two, The toys look ugly. Ready? GO!

Edited by RiverBankNut
  • Brohoof 5

I dunno... the ones with the (combable? [this a word?]) hair look pretty good. I got a fluttershy one that came with some extra toys and stuff and ones you get her hair in the right place it actually does look pretty similar...

disclaimer: It's the only one I bought don't judge me Lol

(edited)

I dunno... the ones with the (combable? [this a word?]) hair look pretty good. I got a fluttershy one that came with some extra toys and stuff and ones you get her hair in the right place it actually does look pretty similar...

disclaimer: It's the only one I bought don't judge me Lol

But the thing is, the toys haven't changed since the show started, which is bad because there's a way bigger audience. And trust me, it's okay to buy those, I just think they need to appeal to someone like me. Edited by RiverBankNut

I agree, even though they changed the art style in the show they kept the same toy design. I really dislike how they all are so bulky.

What?

I have 6 out of 8 of the 2012 Happy Meal toys, and they are the best versions of the toys right now at the moment.

Not for me, they look pretty terrible in my opinion.
  • Brohoof 1

But the thing is, the toys haven't changed sience the show started, which is bad because there's a way bigger audience. And trust me, it's okay to but those, I just think they need to appeal to someone like me.

Yea true, but I kinda think it would cost a lot to make real quality figures. I'm not real huge on collecting toys or anything but I think they should also have like movable legs and stuff, especially if they move towards plastic hair. Then they'll just basically be like statues that have no purpose.

One thing I think would be cool also is more emphasis on the eyes, maybe even make them like glass or something. I think the eyes are some of the most distinguishing features of the different ponies on the show but that might just be me

• Brohoof 1

I can give you my cut out just PM me and I can show you it. I do agree on the hair because not all the ponies in My Little Pony will have a Fluttershy mane type, My question is, if they are the creators of the show, then shouldn't it be much more accurate?

I seriously want a show accurate vinyl scratch plushie. or Pinkie Pie or Fluttershy or Octavia or something.

Yeah me too man. I really love plushies and would pay like 80 bucks for one. THESE ARE ALL THE BUCKS I WOULD GIVE :D
  • Brohoof 1

Yeah me too man. I really love plushies and would pay like 80 bucks for one. THESE ARE ALL THE BUCKS I WOULD GIVE :D

I WOULD USE THE MOON AS CURRENCY IF I COULD JUST GET ME A VINYL AND OCTAVIA PLUSHIE SET!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Brohoof 1

But the thing is, the toys haven't changed sience the show started, which is bad because there's a way bigger audience. And trust me, it's okay to buy those, I just think they need to appeal to someone like me.

It´s a show for little girls, they appeal to little girls.

I bought some because they are cute, and have them on my desk, it´s not like I am going to play with them.

• Brohoof 1

i think they're fine, personally. i have a Fluttershy brushable and it looks pretty damn similar to her in the show after doing some combing. plus, combing brushables is a fun thing to do, actually, which gives them more purpose than just standing and decorating your desktop. i haven't gotten any of those small plastic figures, but they look even more similar to the show. and the mcdonalds toys even more-so.

i think you should give it some time. have you seen the Derpy collectors brushable they have been selling? or the huge pack containing an show accurate Nightmare Moon, Vinyl Scratch, Zecora, among others with it? what about the re-modelled Celestia that'll also sell alongside those new toys in Autumn?

the toys are just fine, imo. they aren't even originally intended to be aimed towards this audience, and even then they look pretty representable. and they will get better. trust me, they WILL get better, once Hasbro gets more into the Brony audience of the show, they'll start catering to it with hopefully what you oh so much desire. until then, be patient, and enjoy the toys for what they are. after all, toys are supposed to be fun, not super-exclusive-oh-god-so-awesome-collectors-edition-figurines.

• Brohoof 3

I've said this on another thread, but the toys' bodies do look almost exactly the same as the ponies' bodies on the show, save for the noses which are pointing downward a bit. Hasbro can't make show accurate brush able hair because they have to mass produce the toys. Even if they tried to give a pony like Rainbow Dash bangs, they'd still be faulty and people would still whine. The best thing to do to get show accurate rooted hair is to watch YouTube tutorials on how to do it. It's not hard, and I think it's fun.

(edited)

[What message replying to that hidden message]

Personally, I'm not a fan of the collectables so I don't know how to reply to this.

Edited by Xidphel

We really do.

When a lot of the custom figuries fans make look 100x better than what hasbro is putting out.

You know they're lacking in some regaurd. Though they seem to be getting better with time.

• Brohoof 1

It would be wonderful if there was some kind of brony-targeted line of toys. Ones equivalent to nendoroids or something of the sort.

(in case you don't know what a nendoroid is)

Posted Image

They're awesome little figurines for anime characters that have awesome quality everything. They can get to be about $40 and up, but they're way too legit to not want. Just imagine this quality stuff for a MLP character. It'd be awesome.

• Brohoof 3

Scale statues, sort of what they have from Gentle Giants or Kotobukiya. Something that would have the elegance to be put on an office desk.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

All the pony merchandise are for little girs this is the problem, i hope one third toy company like todd mc flare buy the license and make some accurate merchandise...

Te blind bag is suposed to be the most show like merchandise and we have Pinkie Pie whith different hair, Rainbow Dash recolored as Flutershy, Big mac with tiny body, Applejack without hat... :angry:

Seriusly Hasbro we want a good tv show looking merchandise, is so hard to do?

But one question: is the brony comunity suficient large for doing their toy line? is it economically possible?

Edited by punkypie

• 2 weeks later...

I'll quote my husband on this one:

1. If you don't like it, DO something about it! Be crafty. Acetone off the eyes and paint on ones that are more asthetically pleasing to you. If you don't like the hair, CUT IT. CURL IT. Buzz it off, yank out the plugs and SCULPT hair on. But don't just complain about it, especially when there's a solution that just takes some (fun) effort on your part. It's called customizing. Have FUN with your ponies, but be aware if you care about collector's value (which it seems 99% of pony collecting bronies dont :P) doing this will destroy any future value the pony may have.

2. Yes. The target demographic IS little girls. The toys are for LITTLE GIRLS. (And big girls who are still little at heart. *guilty*) There's a TON of other merch beginning to flood the market for older audiences, such as apparel, bags, and yes even butt-fugly plushies. A note on the plushies, if you don't like what Hasbro puts out: go support a struggling plush artist on DeviantArt or Etsy! There's BJILLIONS of talented artists out there dying to make you a plush. How much do you really want a show accurate plush? Enough to spend the money it would take to get one? No? Then be happy with what Hasbro gives you or make your own.

Myself, I love all ponies custom or manufactured and my collection is rediculously large. And now they have their own castle. But that's neither here nor there. Honestly, all I'm saying is this: what Hasbro sees: $$$$$$ In their bank. WHY would they change what is obviously working because a minority of people is unhappy with it? :)

• Brohoof 2