Scootaloo™

YT

This YT

YT

YT

YT

This ED

^_____^ YT

Youtube and google are your friends, but it's awesome that you decided to make a thread like this in here. Good luck and I hope that you get more useful info from other people. ponies.

Edited by Freckle

Well, I know of plenty of tutorials, however I'm not sure what style and from of art you wish to create, so I'll just give you a range of sources.

If you're looking to create vector based artwork, or use vectors as a form a rasterised outline, then vectoring is magic by OrangeL89 is a good place to begin. He breaks up his tutorials into tiny steps, so they're quite easy for a beginner with little to no knowledge to follow along. I'll chuck up the first three in the series.

Introduction to Vectoring

Basic tools

Facial Features

The rest of the tutorial can be found here.

As far as outline and shading tutorials go, the folks over at Equestria Daily have compiled a whole heap of drawing tutorials ranging from proportion guides to clothing tips. They've also got a few basic video outline tutorials.

If your looking to create art based more heavily upon paint and airbrushing, with a more realistic trend to it, then unfortunately you may have a bit of trouble finding any step based tutorials. Quite allot of the art drawn in this style are accompanied by speed-paint videos, such as

, which happens to have have a slowed version (1hour 15mins) found here, that you can download via an online video grabber. Once I get a hold of another graphics tablet, and finish off a bunch of drawing I have to do, I'll probably make a tutorial regarding this style of art.

Lastly, I recommend checking out this Scootaloo expression sheet. this one can come in handy when you want to create a specific expression, but are not too sure of how the mouth or face should look.

Oh, and some colour references, you can never have too many.

I hope this helps a little bit, happy drawing!

Edited by Swoop
  • Brohoof 1