Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Post your unpopular opinions

Lord Theoretical

No its not and i use it. but i do think /mlp/ is terrible. sorry.

/mlp/ is like the fandom's ass-end. Pretty much every complaint about us can be traced back to it.

I'm such a notorius and evil young man, aren't I?

-Piracy is wrong. The whole "copying is sharing" excuse drives me absolutely insane. The companies don't get money if you don't officially buy it. Also the fact you'll be more likely to get viruses 0*

There's several things about that:

The obvious is that media costs absurd amounts of money and retail PC games often have horrific DRM that's almost as bad as a Virus.

There's downloading things I already own, but not in a form I can transfer around(ie: old games from before CDs made ripping or simply sticking it in the drive for emulation simple if I want to play it on my PC instead of the the real hardware)

There's stuff that's out of print, so if I bought it would be a used copy that the creator's not seeing a dime from the sale of anyway

There's stuff I paid for already, but lost the disc/tape/cart/book/whatever

There's downloading books I already have for easy reading on my phone

There's fact I DO buy stuff new when it's been lowered to a reasonable price.

There's TVshows that never got a proper DVD release or had such short print-runs that the DVDs are absurdly expensive and rare(The Redwall cartoon will run you over $200 to get all three seasons on DVD unless you're lucky)

There's anime, because good luck finding anime DVD sets at a decent price in the US(especially stuff that's out of print). 

• Brohoof 2

/mlp/ is like the fandom's ass-end. Pretty much every complaint about us can be traced back to it.

There's several things about that:

The obvious is that media costs absurd amounts of money and retail PC games often have horrific DRM that's almost as bad as a Virus.

There's downloading things I already own, but not in a form I can transfer around(ie: old games from before CDs made ripping or simply sticking it in the drive for emulation simple if I want to play it on my PC instead of the the real hardware)

There's stuff that's out of print, so if I bought it would be a used copy that the creator's not seeing a dime from the sale of anyway

There's stuff I paid for already, but lost the disc/tape/cart/book/whatever

There's downloading books I already have for easy reading on my phone

There's fact I DO buy stuff new when it's been lowered to a reasonable price.

There's TVshows that never got a proper DVD release or had such short print-runs that the DVDs are absurdly expensive and rare(The Redwall cartoon will run you over $200 to get all three seasons on DVD unless you're lucky)

There's anime, because good luck finding anime DVD sets at a decent price in the US(especially stuff that's out of print). 

I have heard about viruses being able to steal credit card numbers, identities, and so much more. So I wouldn't want ALL my money to be gone. 

Not only that, but I'm not taking the chance of being in trouble with the law.

There's so much more to it than that though. You ever watch a movie and cheer on the hero, wanting him to win? Ever enjoy something more with others than you would alone? That's the appeal of sports.

Besides that, there's levels and layers of strategy required to learn to master any sport. If it were just "tossing a ball around", nearly anyone could dominate.

It's just that I could never get into it. I agree that it's not just tossing a ball around, but it's just boring to me.

Think of it as a mediocre video game. The multi player can help it a lot.

Many things are better with friends.

I went to a football game once. With my brother. I didn't pay attention to any of it, and I wandered off (it was high school football, but still) because I got bored

• Brohoof 3

(edited)

I have heard about viruses being able to steal credit card numbers, identities, and so much more. So I wouldn't want ALL my money to be gone. 

Not only that, but I'm not taking the chance of being in trouble with the law.

1)Learn to use good anti-virus software. I've never gotten a virus off a torrent that it didn't catch and deal with right away.

2)Actually, you won't unless you're running a source for the content. My friend that pirates hundreds of gigs of shit has only been caught once and all he got was "please stop" letters from the Cable company. It's very, very rare that a downloader faces any legal trouble. 

Edited by Shoboni

- I don't believe in rigged systems.

I assume you only mean voting on a large scale (such as a government position). Of course every system is going to be slightly skewed, biased, some votes are going to be lost, etc. when you're trying to tally millions upon millions of votes. Doesn't mean it's completely "rigged". Unless significant proof can be provided for mass-rigging, it isn't a waste of effort in my eyes.

I assume you only mean voting on a large scale (such as a government position). Of course every system is going to be slightly skewed, biased, some votes are going to be lost, etc. when you're trying to tally millions upon millions of votes. Doesn't mean it's completely "rigged". Unless significant proof can be provided for mass-rigging, it isn't a waste of effort in my eyes.

- The electoral College is redundant and is definitely rigged.

• Brohoof 3

- voting doesn't make a difference.

I have to say I totally agree with you!

:D

If we are talking politics now in the unpopular opinions forum I'll add mine too:

I don't believe in democracy and multi party systems.

:muffins:

>inb4 incoming flame

• Brohoof 2

I don't believe in democracy and multi party systems.

I don't care for democracy in principle either, but if there's going to be one, many parties having to compromise and form coaltions is better than the duopoly in the USA. 

I don't care for democracy in principle either, but if there's going to be one, many parties having to compromise and form coaltions is better than the duopoly in the USA. 

I would prefer to have one ruling or dominant party.

• Brohoof 1

I like the idea of an enlightened monarchy.

Plato would agree with you too!

If people can be united and harmonic they can achieve great things.

But they need guidance.

• Brohoof 2

I'm quite partial to Confucianism as a way for the people to develop a sense of inner character. When the people perfect themselves ethically, the need for governance is minimized.

And we are totally hijacking the thread... :D

• Brohoof 1

I'm quite partial to Confucianism as a way for the people to develop a sense of inner character. When the people perfect themselves ethically, the need for governance is minimized.

And we are totally hijacking the thread... :D

Dividing people up for their petty politics is bad in my point of view.

For the democrat people are just voting machines.

I like the way you are thinking.

That is true. This isn't a discussion topic.

Feel free to send me a PM if you wish to talk about this subject some more.

• Brohoof 1

*deep breath*

I don't care about cloppers, do whatever you want, it doesn't affect my life in any way. I think Fluttershy is the best pony. I think SOME dubstep is good. I hate rap. I hate most popular music, actually. Most things on TV are crap. The Mysterious Mare Whatevertheepisodeiscalled wasn't a bad episode. I HATE Rainbow Dash. Football, baseball, basketball, and soccer are all boring. I HATE caramel. I can understand some brony hate, some of us are just that annoying. Trixie is stupid. Netflix is stupid (might just be angry for it always randomly breaking the 2 devices I have it on, making the Blu Ray not shut off and the Xbox 360 disconnect from the Internet and it won't reconnect). Cupcakes was funny. Rainbow Factory and Awoken were pretty good.

There. Done.

• Brohoof 2

hmm.

lets begin.

* i not a big fan of pokemon, i don't care for it.

* i have not watched the godfather, even though i have it on tape, nor scarface. they look interesting, but for some reason, i never gotten around to watching them.

* i liked the star wars prequels. jar-jar binks is still one of the most annoying characters ever though.

* i don't like most Japanese cars, and ricers are just idiotic. i do love the look of a lot of supercars, but the engines just sound whiny and awful. i prefer the low rumble of an American V8. (especially the Chrysler's 383 & 440 big block v8s)

i don't have a problem with Chinese made four wheelers. my 06 viva is pretty tough (wrecked it into a boulder full speed with barely a scratch.

• Brohoof 2

* i have not watched the godfather,

I suggest you do. If you have the time that is, it's quite a long movie, but it's easily one of the best, if not the best film ever made. 

more:

* don't care for hip hop, or most rap (although there's a few early 90s rap songs i do enjoy)

*most of the 90s and later pop music is terrible. i just can't get into it.

*I like classic rock & metal the best.

* hybrid cars are a waste of money and not much more efficient than a regular gas car, not to mention the extra batteries leads to more pollution(ground and water mostly, but some air due to the factories producing more toxic chemicals) and strip mining.

• Brohoof 2