Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Starshine

Welcome to our very own 4chan Appreciation thread. Let us talk about the awesomeness of 4chan's swankiness and creativity.

First thing first, I want it to be known that everything in 4chan should be taken with a grain of salt.

And no, don't post anything dangerous here

4Chan got a lot of subboards, but personally these 3 are my favorites

/tg/
Traditional Games! One the safest boards of 4chan, this place talk about tabletop games and many other stuff, sometimes it got a nice quest thread. Expect an occasional case of awesome.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

/b/
The best place if you want to lose your sanity within weeks! This place will talk about anything from chocolate sprinkles to bloody murder, that is if you can get over their ultra-short attention span. As long as you don't do anything recommended in this thread, you're safe.

But seriously, don't go here if you're easily offended

Posted Image

Posted Image

/mlp/
One of the weirdest place to hang out, even if you're a brony. This place got a strict rule about r34, but then again this is 4chan, never visit /mlp/ on work.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Any question? Or you want to scream heresy? Edited by Starshine
  • Brohoof 1

I was on /b/ back when it was good. So sad to see how far it has fallen :(

Anyway, these days, I pretty much only use it when I'm really bored, want to watch people bitch about LoL on /v/, or am looking for hentai.

My favorite board is... umm... well... it's /d/

Edited by Evilshy and His Own Ego
  • Brohoof 2

>implying there was a time /b/ ever remotely good

You should try visiting /tg/ or /int/, at least they got some legit discussion going around

My favorite board is... umm... well... it's /d/

Posted Image

• Brohoof 1

I don't care what people say, /b/ was much better back in those days.

I have been on /b/ since mid to late 07 and it was much better back then. :'(

Yes, I started going on /b/ when I was 11 before you ask.

• Brohoof 1

I'm predicting this thread is where all the old 4chan "oldfags" will come to >greentext and nostalgia over the rage and spaghetti of the days past

If you've never been to the site before, don't go to /b/ first, please. That's the reason so many get the idea that the entirety of 4chan is /b/, since it leaves that bad first impression. Also, the reason people go there first is because it's the most active, and is the one that has gotten all the press coverage

And the "/b/ was never good" garbage is pretty much a /b/ meme, don't take it too seriously... There was a time when even I could go there and get a nice laugh out of a thread (I believe I've been going there since '08). It's probably the worst board there now, except for maybe /soc/

I still like /v/ though. No comment on /mlp/

/mlp/ is alright. Especially when butthurt anti-bronies go over there to "troll" us with their cute little FAUK YOU FAGOLAZ threads. /co/ is the main reason I go there, mostly for the HSGs. /b/ did an amazing job desenseitizing me for the real world, and how screwed up we truly are.

I still don't understand why /v/ is so loved though.

• Brohoof 1

There was a time when even I could go there and get a nice laugh out of a thread (I believe I've been going there since '08). It's probably the worst board there now, except for maybe /soc/

Try visiting /b/ on weekends, sometimes they still got some funny raid threads. Other than weekends it's practically the same shit over and over, with some rare case of gold

Still, /tg/ give out the most laugh :P

Posted Image

• Brohoof 1

Can someone explain the weird highlighted text? Like Newt gingrinch?

@,

Can you explain it?

Edited by Bandana RaccoonBLee

Posted Image

Too bad no one around here care about your opinion

Waiiiiwaitwaitwait

>General Silliness

Oh, we were actually appreciating 4chan? *ignorant mode: on [off]* Ohh...okay, sorry about that. My inner troll got the best of me.

Anyways, as unstable as it is, the community is very interesting to say the least. From my kind of perspective, I like it just to watch, not participate in the tomfoolery that goes on in the boards. I get a laugh out of 'em, especially when I see those thread simulator videos that are on YouTube (some are a bit NSFW, but are undoubtedly bucking hilarious).

In another case, 4c is the El Dorado of one of the internet's greatest recurring aspects: arguments. And it's just interesting to see the hammers dropped and insults and slurs run wild and loose while two or more sad individuals hopelessly and endlessly go at it in a classic example of online culture.

And that's only the argumentative parts of it. Oh, how I love 4chan.

• Brohoof 1

Word filter? IIRC?

Some words in than place will be replaced with others. And IIRC is an abbreviation of 'If I recalled correctly

I like it just to watch, not participate in the tomfoolery that goes on in the boards

You should really try to participate for a change of pace, especially in a more serious board. There will be enlightenment

Some words in than place will be replaced with others. And IIRC is an abbreviation of 'If I recalled correctly

You should really try to participate for a change of pace, especially in a more serious board. There will be enlightenment

...Why would there be replaced words?

Simple: because they can

Almost everything in /b/ can be described neatly in one sentence: "Because we fucking can"

That's the reason why you shouldn't post any personal information on that board. Some people might get bored and try to mess up your days