Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Applejack and Apple Bloom's family link

Silly Lily

Probably better suited for those trash tabloid TV talk shows, any theories on how Applejack and Apple Bloom could be related? (other than sisters) And, none of this will every really be in the show and I do know about the quote from L Faust about how it was never planned out... anyways,

1st'ly, where are Appleboom and Applejack's parents? Are they alive (and where do they live) or are they dead (when did they die)?

2nd'ly, where was Applejack's parents in Cutie Mark Chronicles? Where was Appleboom? Why weren't they mentioned?

3rd'ly, how did Applejack and even Big Macintosh develop their maternal or paternal skills respectively? Who's granny is Granny Smith?

4th'ly, is the relationship between AJ + BM and AB really siblinglike? What do you think of the line from Bridle Gossip, "I'm going to tell Big Macintosh on you!"? Why not tell the parents?

So do you think there is any conspiracy? Is AJ actually the mother and Big Mac the uncle, or is it aunt and father? Or it is something more controversial, i.e. think about how orange is a blend of red and yellow?

Lauren Faust's headcanon throughout Season 1 was that the Apple parents, the direct offspring of Granny Smith had died. She left it mostly unexplored, and has since been transferred out of the direct MLP crew. Therefore the actual situation of the Apple parents is in a quantum state of uncertainty leaning towards "they're... not around anymore" until otherwise stated.

But the complete assembly of the family is that Big macintosh, Applejack and Apple Bloom are all nuclear siblings, and because of age, they live with an assymetrical parental assembly. Granny Smith provides the general consist of familial wisdom and experience, Mac assumes the role of Father figure and Applejack has to strike a balance at times for herself playing as a Mother figure to Apple Bloom when correcting, and being her sister at other times. This also balances out the unfortunate necessity of Big Macintosh's maturity, which can preclude him from being as close as Shining Armor is to Twilight.

Edited by Blue
  • Brohoof 1

I'm gonna guess that BM, AJ and AB are all siblings, and they moved to their grannies farm. Maybe the father died in war and the mother died in birth, explaining a move to the farm.

• Brohoof 1

I know that Lauren Faust has said that they are dead and no reason has been given on how they died, or if they well show up. But I am a person who does not go with the whole they are just dead because.

Now this is just my own idea of what their parents are doing.

If you ask me AJ parents are like the head of the Apple family and have to head out a lot to check on all of the other Apple family farms and see how things are going and help make new ones. So while they are away the leave BM, AJ, and AB at that farm because that is where the dad was born.

I do think they are all related and BM is the head of that farm right now.

This is just what I think.

1st'ly, where are Appleboom and Applejack's parents? Are

they alive (and where do they live) or are they dead (when did they die)?

They're probably dead, no way how why or when they died is ever gonna be explicitly stated in the show though, it'll probably remain a mystery.

2nd'ly, where was Applejack's parents in Cutie Mark

Chronicles? Where was Appleboom? Why weren't they

mentioned?

Now this I really can't figure out, except maybe Applebloom was just a baby at the time and sleeping in the house or something.

3rd'ly, how did Applejack and even Big Macintosh develop their maternal or paternal skills respectively?

I don't know.

Who's granny is Granny Smith?

Either their mother or father, absolutely no way of telling which without seeing them.

4th'ly, is the relationship between AJ + BM and AB really

siblinglike? What do you think of the line from Bridle Gossip, "I'm going to tell Big Macintosh on you!"? Why not tell the parents?

Of course they have a sibling relationship, just look at them in Sisterhooves Social. She can't tell on parents who aren't around anymore.