Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Smite

Strife

A free-to-play game currently in a closed beta stage. Quite fun, actually!

http-~~-//youtu.be/lJk0idhG-qI

EVERYTHING in the game is a skill shot. Autoattacks, spells, and abilities. The only exception to this would be any passive buffs. This makes the game quite interesting, as you can dodge most attacks.

Movement makes sense. You go at 100% speed while moving forward, then go at a slightly reduced speed when moving backwards, strafing, or autoattacking.

Thus far, there are two primary character types; AP mage caster, and AD melee. There is only ONE character built around ranged autoattacks (Artemis), and one or two that are hybrid.

A lot of the items work nearly identical to League of Legends, but with a couple minor differences. Each item has three stages. The first two stages they only give increased stats, but at their third rank, they also give a unique ability. For example, one item gives health, mana, and magic defense at the first two ranks, but at the third rank it also grants a spell shield exactly like Banshee's Veil.

There is a jungle in this game, and it is highly beneficial to make use of it. Instead of the three different buffs like League has (Lizard, Golem, Baron), there is one for HP regen, Mana regen, attack and magic damage increase, attack and magic protection, movement speed increase, cooldown reduction, and a fire giant buff (the equivalent of Baron). The jungle also contains a Gold Fairy, which grants all allies 300 gold upon it's death ... aka, Dragon.

The map is built quite similar, with three lanes. However, there are left, mid, and right lanes. Each lane has two towers, and while they do some ridiculous damage, they have very low health and are easy to destroy. Each lane also has a Pheonix, which acts like an inhibitor; main difference is that it also attacks ... and hurts quite a bit! Phoenix regenerate health, unlike the towers, and will eventually respawn if destroyed. The 'nexus' is a Minotaur, which will attack enemies and follow them a short distance. Destroying the Minotaur wins the game.

Only real problem I see is the menu UI, which is lacking quite a few features ... a prominent feature missing is that you cannot view your match history or personal statistics of overall win / loss, except at the match result screen right after a match, which will show your wins and losses.

Overall, quite a fun game and I look forward to seeing how it develops.

If you are also in the beta, let me know!

• Brohoof 1

I also quite like this game. A friend recommended it to me and he's a skilled LoL player.

I played one round the other day as Ra and did surprisingly well soloing mid considering I am terrible at LoL. This game is a lot more comparable to LoL then SMNC is which is probably why I felt quite comfortable playing it. I plan on playing it more when I get the chance.

• 1 month later...

Just snagged a beta key, so I might try this sometime (there are actually about 3,400 beta keys left over here if anypony else wants to snag one: http://www.alienwarearena.com/giveaway/smite-closed-beta-key-giveaway/). I enjoy LoL a lot, so thought I'd try it out as it looked interesting. I find the all skill-shots appealing.

• 1 year later...

I have actually been playing this game a good bit recently and it is really fun. For players that are used to playing Lol, this is very similar, yet very different at the same time, which makes it easier in some areas and harder in others. I personally enjoy it a lot, and I found a cooldown red build for Ao Kuong that is devastating, (I can keep his tornadoes sustained almost indefinitely)

• 6 months later...
(edited)

Hey all!

I've noticed that there has been a few Smite topics, but they're dead so I decided to post a new one.

It has come to my attention that there are quite a few LoL players, but not as many Smite players. I was wondering if anypony else (besides me) plays Smite either instead of LoL (or Dota 2), or with LoL (or Dota 2). I've played LoL and Dota 2, and they both are fine, but Smite imo takes more skill. It's a MOBA game, but it's third person. And with LoL, you target a god and your character shoots at them, but with Smite you gotta do it all on your own (Ex: Basic Attacks are all skill shots, meaning you have to aim for them and judge where they're moving to hit them). Smite in my opinion is also better than LoL. I'm not trying to start any arguments, it's just my opinion, so people, try not to get butt-hurt after reading this.

Why I made this topic:
1. To find any other bronies who play Smite.
2. I want to create a clan for just Bronies.

If you play Smite, or are willing to start playing, and want to join the clan, PM me, reply to this topic, or send me a message/friend request in-game.

Clan Name: MLP Brony Clan (Might Change)
Clan Abbreviation: MLPBC (Might Change)
Requirements to join: None. You can be any level and you could be the worst player on the game, I don't care. If you want to join, you can ^-^
In-Game Name: SuperCelestia

Edited by ~ Alicornification ~
  • Brohoof 1

• 3 weeks later...

Just like the title says, I'm looking for people to play Smite with. My name is GeneralOctavia, and I like playing Nemesis. I haven't played to much yet, but her damage out put, mobility, and nice little shield buff all make her endearing to me. I like arena, but I'l play just about anything.

• 2 months later...

Well, Smite obviously better made than League of Legends. (Who was not even innovative for the MOBA genre) But I honestly perfer my games with a topdown perspective. Other than that the game looks awesome. The graphics are amazing, it reminds me a lot of tf2 for some reason.

Edited by A CrayZ Cat

• 2 months later...

Hey, I was just wondering if there are ponies out there that play Smite? If not i'd love to find more people that play CoD. I recently got an Xbox One with Advanced Warfare for Christmas sooooo need some more friends to play with! 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Greetings,

I am sure some of you have heard of the relatively new 3rd person MOBA Smite. So this is the thread where anyone can discuss the game and share their username if they want to play with others. My username is SergeantShark.

I hope everypony can meet some new players and have a lot of fun!

Any questions about the game, feel free to ask! :D

post-31382-0-49555900-1426297189.jpg

Edited by SergeantShy
  • Brohoof 2

My username is Drasamo, feel free to add me.

I mostly play mid/solo, and my favorite god is Chang'e! ^^

Edited by Drasamo

Hey there @, I've merged your thread with an already existing one about Smite. Please ensure you use the sites search function so as to not make duplicate threads.

--------------------------------------------------

As a side note, I've not played Smite yet but have seen a few good things about it. Sadly, Im not that good at MOBAs. Can anyone tell me how Smite is different to LoL or DOTA ?

• Brohoof 1

Can anyone tell me how Smite is different to LoL or DOTA ?

I haven't played DotA, but I have played both LoL and Smite. One of the biggest differences is the third-person perspective, instead of a top-down perspective. Another big thing is that everything is a skill shot, including basic attacks. I think that people who prefer first-person or third-person shooters might like this more.

There are differences in items and god abilities, although some things do end up being similar. I guess one thing is that all the 'champions' are gods from mythology that one might know, such as Zeus or Thor.

The main map (conquest) has several differences from LoL as well. There are 4 different buff camps (attack speed, movement speed, mana, damage) for each side, instead of just 2, and there are 'mid camps' which give a significant amount of gold and experience and usually create fights in mid lane to contest them. Large objectives (Gold Fury and Fire Giant, which are Dragon and Baron in LoL) can be 'leashed' back, and their area is more open, leading to more fights to contest these objectives.

Supports and junglers also roam and gank a lot more than in LoL, so it feels like you can carry better in those roles ^^

Minions also do 1000000 damage early game, so op T.T (for real, levels 1-3 they will kill you if you aggro them and stay too long)

Besides Conquest, there are several other game modes, which are played a lot more than LoL's other game modes.

Arena is a 5v5 mode with an open map, focused on fighting rather than objectives and laning.

Assault is similar to LoL's ARAM, 5v5 with random gods in a single lane, you can't heal or buy items until you die.

Siege is a 4v4 mode with two lanes and a jungle.

Joust is a 3v3 mode with a single lane and several jungle camps.

And then there's my favorite, the Match of the Day (MotD). This is always some random fun thing, like All Poseidon Arena, with infinite mana and 80% CDR, or Conquest with 100,000 starting gold. The current one is called Don't Pinch Me Bro, and it's 5v5 on the Siege map with only the gods that have green on them. ^^

I feel like I've missed a lot, but this is all I can think of right now ^^;

• Brohoof 1

I feel like I've missed a lot, but this is all I can think of right now ^^;

Not at all, you've given me a great overview. It definitely sounds interesting and I'll have to check it out sometime. I'm not that great at other MOBAs but you never know till you try.
Thank you for the quick response~
  • Brohoof 2

Not at all, you've given me a great overview. It definitely sounds interesting and I'll have to check it out sometime. I'm not that great at other MOBAs but you never know till you try.

Thank you for the quick response~

Imo you actually feel like you're in the game sometines and that it takes more dodging skill like Drasamo said.

It als helped me beat my world cultures class in naming the most gods :P