Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Does a PMV need fancy vector/masking effects to be good?

ChronoBodi

Cause, i made two PMVs so far, and while they are pretty damn good for using solely stock MLP footage.

Then i noticed stuff like Russian Dancing Ponies and The Stars will aid in her Escape, and i'm like "craaaaaap.... now i have to figure out how to do this fancy thing, whatever they did."

Or is it necessary? at all?

Cause, i made two PMVs so far, and while they are pretty damn good for using solely stock MLP footage.

Then i noticed stuff like Russian Dancing Ponies and The Stars will aid in her Escape, and i'm like "craaaaaap.... now i have to figure out how to do this fancy thing, whatever they did."

Or is it necessary? at all?

I don't use any vector/masking effects for my PMVs and mine are pretty popular.

No, you don't need those to make a good PMV. :)

In my opinion, masking effects, or effects in general are not necessary to make a good PMV.

It just needs to be synced and the clips should fit the music as well C:

Edited by ProjectRKA

I use to make RSMVs (RuneScape Music Videos) and I always used Windows Movie Maker. I was an infamous RSMV maker for awhile. (Had people come up and talk to me and ask if they could be in the next one). My videos were pretty freakin good and was semi-famous on the online game. (I'm dead now on there.... no one remembers lol) But yeah, if you put effort anything can be great.

In my opinion, masking effects, or effects in general are not necessary to make a good PMV.

It just needs to be synced and the clips should fit the music as well C:

This^^ you don't need no fancy stuff!

It certainly isn't necessary to make a great PMV. However if you can do it, and do it well, it can only make a great PMV even better.

Its like YTPMV you don't need visuals but its better to have them. also the YTPMV community is so corrupt that you will get flamed for not putting in any visuals and bullied to the point where you close your account.

I think its different for PMVs but yeah, if you can do it then do it! it will make it better.

ALTHOUGH DO NOT FOCUS ON VISUALS OVER THE ACTUAL SYNCING UP OF THE VIDEO AND WHAT NOT!

Edited by Flare

ah thanks, i kinda thought for a sec my next PMV needs OMG OOoohhh effects to catch attention or something...

awwwww blimey, just found out my $100 vegas Platinum doesn't do native masking... Blergh, it's like. $450 to upgrade to Pro version, and well, screw that. Perfectly fine PMVs can be made without masking.

ah thanks, i kinda thought for a sec my next PMV needs OMG OOoohhh effects to catch attention or something...

awwwww blimey, just found out my $100 vegas Platinum doesn't do native masking... Blergh, it's like. $450 to upgrade to Pro version, and well, screw that. Perfectly fine PMVs can be made without masking.

Believe me you do not need masking to make a good PMV anyway.

And even if your software did have masking capabilities it's not good to use masking for no real reason.

• Brohoof 1