Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Freshman

~Sugar Sprinkles~

Don't worry there Sugar cube, this ain't a hate thread about Freshman. I am just gonna start off, why do people hate Freshman (In High school of course)? It never makes sense to me. I mean High school is about being an adult to prepare for your future. Yet, it's always the Freshman that get bashed on. I find it funny how a Senior can be best friends with a Freshman, but yet make fun of the others calling them annoying and kiddish. It's just odd. Every grade has annoying people. And some are even just a year younger than you..yet you still call them kids. I like Freshman, I always welcome them and make friends with them. I have a lot of younger friends, but I never understand the whole "Freshman are kiddish and annoying" thing. Maybe thats just me

It's just the normal thing to do. Freshman are newly graduated Eighth graders, so the majority will be mostly immature. The natural thing to do is to dislike someone who is not as mature as you. The moment I became a Sophomore, I even started disliking the freshman. They were loud, annoying, and seemed to find any joke funny in the middle of class. It is more of a stereotype thing. When I was a Freshman, I even had Juniors and Seniors tell me I was one of the only good Freshman, and that they disliked me at first because I WAS a Freshman.

So, it's just like the natural food chain of life. On the bottom, you seem like "garbage", so to speak. The higher you go, the more respect you get.

Edited by Incognito

I'm a freshman and so far all the seniors and older kids seem to treat me with respect. The only seniors I've really talked to are the ones from football but they're all pretty friendly and really don't care what grade you're in.

But I live in a weirrrrrrd town.

Last year, the freshman class was half amazing, half annoying beyond comprehension. Really, I loved the freshman. The freshman get bashed because they're n00bz, that's about it. They really aren't all that much more annoying than the sophomore, it's just kids being kids.

In my experience, all of the "hate" has been entirely joking. Freshmen do tend to be childish, not because of their age, but because they have only experienced middle school. Also, highschool is not preparing people for adulthood lol.

As a freshman, the only reason I see is that we're noobs

We don't know anything about the school, we think we're all that just because we just graduated from middle school, and we think we're at the top of the world now o3o

Every grade has annoying people. And some are even just a year younger than you..yet you still call them kids

I find their reactions funny, when I was in 8th grade I used to tease the 6th graders by saying "Goodbye children" in a semi-sarcastic tone while smiling and waving :3

I was more annoying back then :3

well, with my school anyway, the freshmen have as bad reputation of being stupid disrespectful little brats, and while not all of them are like that, sadly most of them are like that and that kind of saddens me

Well, atleast in my school, Freshmen are very immature and think they are "Big Shots" Now im not saying EVERY freshmen is like this there are some really cool ones, but they are rare. They think they are cool by crapping in the urinal, or painting private parts on the walls, desk, etc. Most of them have bad decision making skills.

My high school didn't work like that. The way my district worked, elementary school was K-6, junior high was 7-9 and high school was 10-12. The 10th graders and the 12th graders were a bit closer in age, I think, sort of removing this kind of "young" stigma. And by the time we all got to high school, I think we all just stopped caring. When I was in junior high, I had some really bitchy girl get up in my face just because I was in 7th grade and, I guess, apparently, she wasn't. That's the only time I've ever faced that kind of treatment because of my age. My junior high school was very separated. I'd say the only class I had that had combined ages was band. In high school, though, there were a lot more classes that were intigrated across ages, which I think made a lot of people not care so much about their classmates' ages. So, I think it's partially a matter of where you go. And, yes. Every grade does have annoying people. You seem to be encountering the annoying uppeclassmen. That's basically all they are. Ignore 'em.

I just graduated from highschool, I never really heard of anyone hating freshman, more so just jokingly do things, everyone knew it was a joke, plus it's probably a kind of ritual we have in society now to do, kind of like a right of passage.

• 2 weeks later...

are you referring to "FreshMeat?" haha just kidding. I don't know why they do, actually at our school we didn't have enough room so 9th grade was junior high so technically my sophomore year consisted of me testing higher than any other grades then being called "stupid sophomore" as is every sophomore.... weird right, well i was glad to be an educated fool "soph" wise "mor" fool

so meh. :P

Edited by Rainbow Dashey

I'm a freshman and no one has really shown any hate to me... That being said I am more mature then most of my class. I haven't seen any freshman hate floating around.