ooc Equestria Divided (Grimdark)

GreyScholar

Hm. Maybe Rose Petal will 'recruit' you like she herself was recruited. Heh, heh. Kidnapping. But yeah, seriously, Rose could be the one to introduce you.

Sure! I'd like to meet her in the roleplay. You might need to know the location, because if Jade is "recruited" in the same way as Rose Petal, they'd have to be near each other. Jade will probably be coming to the forest from the direction of New Ponyville, so near the far right end of the Ghastly Gorge.

Meh. I might have to link a new character...

Can you guys give me the link to the RP so I can read up on what's going on? I probably will be making a new character for this...

There isn't a link to the RP because it hasn't started yet. Isn't that convenient? You don't have to read up on it! We'll be lucky to have started by Christmas!

Are we going to start once the Guardians of Harmony are full, or until that and each House has five spots filled?

Sure! I'd like to meet her in the roleplay. You might need to know the location, because if Jade is "recruited" in the same way as Rose Petal, they'd have to be near each other. Jade will probably be coming to the forest from the direction of New Ponyville, so near the far right end of the Ghastly Gorge.

I'm pretty sure that all of the OC's sharing a house in this RP will know each other in some way or another.

• Brohoof 1

So wait, is this thing actually starting near Gravmas (on Christmas, celebration of gravity)?

It's starting whenever EquestrianScholar deems it's ready, and I'm just saying at the pace we're going Christmas is a good estimate.

And I would have guessed Gravmas celebrated Gravy.

Are you River Song in the Multiverse thing? Pretty sure you and Dumbledore are supposed to be having a deathmatch at the moment.

You seem to have picked up on it. It's nice when the only way people can address you is by calling you the Master.

Oh mighty master....

Is mine good? Just cause you seem to know what you're talking about with regards to OCs.. to be honest, any options and advice would be nice. http://mlpforums.com/page/roleplay-characters/_/swift-nimbus-r2078

So yeah, it's going to be tricky to turn this guy onto the path of harmony... and he might antagonise a little at the start of the RP. I was thinking of bringing him after a few days of RPing, so he doesn't get caught up in the mad rush of the first day...

(edited)

Most likely, important ‘NPCs’ like the main six (apart from Pinkie Pie, since she is ‘technically’ dead) and other named or mentioned characters in each house will not come up often in the roleplay… at least not directly. Yet when they do come up either I or yes one of the Mods will play them, though if any of the Mods play the leaders of the six houses it will be once they discuss this with me, and while the Mods will also lead the roleplay involving the six Houses I myself will keep an eye on things.

One thing to note, though I very much hope such doesn’t come up, I will be watching to make sure any Mods I pick do not abuse the fact they are Mods. Such things I will be watching for is them giving their OCs benefits over that of the other members, doing that which breaks any of my rules, and godmodding. My Mods will also make sure I do not begin godmodding my OCs as well, and call me on anything I am doing unfairly.

AnonBrony: Yes you may lead House Moon and Star, though we will probably need to discuss things… especially involving Twilight and how we will go about setting up the organization of the House.

Descant: You may though like I told AnonBrony above we will be working together on such.

TheSonicAlicorn: You bio is approved

Sky Warden: Your bio is approved

Meta Knight: I apologize but your bio cannot be approved for a number of reasons. One is as per its name your OC is a Meta Knight knock off in many ways and I encourage making unique and 'personal' characters. Second, having a changling character raises many questions and concerns. Take for example, how to combat what could be called a changlings ‘vampiric’ nature and how it is understood that all changlings are loyal to Chrysalis. There is also a mention of queen, who is the queen? There are also a number of other problems.

Now don’t get me wrong, changlings will possibly play a part in the roleplays… perhaps even as allies of the Guardians. Yet all in all changlings I do not feel are a good PC race, and should stay as a NPC race.

Silverpoint345: Your bio needs for detail, and really the only complaint I have is that Swift when so young could discover who his father's killer was. I would perhaps suggest figuring out a different way for him to grow into becoming a spy, or at least better explain how he was able to do what he did while so young.

----------------------------

Oh one last thing, as it would seem people have possibly forgotten this fact, you all do realize there are three races all but unused as of yet (apart from griffins)? You can also have your OC be a Zebra, Deer, or Griffin and when it comes to zebras and deers both actually have a form of magic themselves.

Deer actually will somewhat be based on elves, so consider that and talk to me if your interested.

Edited by EquestrianScholar
  • Brohoof 1

Most likely, important ‘NPCs’ like the main six (apart from Pinkie Pie, since she is ‘technically’ dead) and other named or mentioned characters in each house will not come up often in the roleplay… at least not directly. Yet when they do come up either I or yes one of the Mods will play them, though if any of the Mods play the leaders of the six houses it will be once they discuss this with me, and while the Mods will also lead the roleplay involving the six Houses I myself will keep an eye on things.

One thing to note, though I very much hope such doesn’t come up, I will be watching to make sure any Mods I pick do not abuse the fact they are Mods. Such things I will be watching for is them giving their OCs benefits over that of the other members, doing that which breaks any of my rules, and godmodding. My Mods will also make sure I do begin godmodding my OCs as well, and call me on anything I am doing unfairly.

AnonBrony: Yes you may lead House Moon and Star, though we will probably need to discuss things… especially involving Twilight and how we will go about setting up the organization of the House.

Descant: You may though like I told AnonBrony above we will be working together on such.

Meta Knight: I apologize but your bio cannot be approved for a number of reasons. One is as per its name your OC is a Meta Knight knock off in many ways and I encourage making unique and 'personal' characters. Second, having a changling character raises many questions and concerns. Take for example, how to combat what could be called a changlings ‘vampiric’ nature and how it is understood that all changlings are loyal to Chrysalis. There is also a mention of queen, who is the queen? There are also a number of other problems.

Now don’t get me wrong, changlings will possibly play a part in the roleplays… perhaps even as allies of the Guardians. Yet all in all changlings I do not feel are a good PC race, and should stay as a NPC race.

Silverpoint345: Your bio needs for detail, and really the only complaint I have is that Swift when so young could discover who his father's killer was. I would perhaps suggest figuring out a different way for him to grow into becoming a spy, or at least better explain how he was able to do what he did while so young.

Oh one last thing, as it would seem people have possibly forgotten this fact, you all do realize there are three races all but unused as of yet (apart from griffins)? You can also have your OC be a Zebra, Deer, or Griffin and when it comes to zebras and deers both actually have a form of magic themselves.

Deer actually will somewhat be based on elves, so consider that and talk to me if your interested.

OK. I will try again. I think I'll have a zebra... :)

Thanks for letting me know. I'm throwing him back in the closet now, anyways.

Yet when they do come up either I or yes one of the Mods will play them, though if any of the Mods play the leaders of the six houses it will be once they discuss this with me

Considering the role I have in the RP, will the person playing Twilight be switching constantly? 

(edited)

Meta Knight: That is fine, just know that unless your character is trained in such (and many zebras would not) he or she will not know much if any of the zebra's magic. Technically we don't even know how much 'true' magic Zecora knows, and it would probably have a bit of a shamanistic feel to it.

MagicalStarRain: I will keep whichever mod is in charge of House Moon and Star or myself as the only ones to control Twilight, as such no there wont be much 'switching around' on who plays her. One thing to note is though you do have a connection to Twilight it is unlikely your pony will have a chance to meet up with Twilight often because of how busy she is and much of the time your OC will likely only get written instructions. So it likely wont be much of a problem when you do speak with her.

I love elves. If I'd known the fan race of Deer existed, I might have created one for this. But as it is, I'm already accepted, and don't care to go back and change everything so I can be a deer.

(edited)

I love elves. If I'd known the fan race of Deer existed, I might have created one for this. But as it is, I'm already accepted, and don't care to go back and change everything so I can be a deer.

Laughs it was said right in the Rules (you did read them right?):

1. Only Unicorns, Pegasus and Earth ponies can be used for OC creation out of the pony races, no pure blooded alicorns though on a case to case basis ‘lesser’ alicorns can possibly be allowed (the player will need to justify and detail how and why their OC is a alicorn and must accept it if I say no to their pony).

*The only pure alicorns allowed, representing all three races of ponies, are Celestia and Luna while a lesser alicorn is one that can claim the princesses as family but normally distantly. Lesser alicorns share the physical traits of an alicorn but are less powerful then the princesses, having for the most part the same potential as normal ponies as well as a normal lifespan. The reason for this is because as per the show alicorns are an extremely rare and yes special.

-----------------------

Other races that can be played are zebras, griffins, 'young' dragons (around pony size), and deer (fan race I will offer, if you are interested we can discuss you being this race in PM).

One thing to note, though I very much hope such doesn’t come up, I will be watching to make sure any Mods I pick do not abuse the fact they are Mods. Such things I will be watching for is them giving their OCs benefits over that of the other members, doing that which breaks any of my rules, and godmodding. My Mods will also make sure I do not begin godmodding my OCs as well, and call me on anything I am doing unfairly.

http://mlpforums.com/page/roleplay-characters/_/swift-nimbus-r2078

Okay, added more detail into his becoming a spy, toned down his job description (now he's not an assasin) and set the difference between Swift and the much higher ranking Nighthooves. All good?

Edited by Silverpoint345

(edited)

... you double posted, please edit. -laughs-

Better though take a look on what I mean about the details you need: http://mlpforums.com/page/roleplay-characters/_/golden-dawn-r1700

One thing you don't have is how your OC got his cutie mark, perhaps give more detail on his raise as a spy, and more importantly add details showing his thoughts of the disappearance of the princess... how it affected his life and the lives of those around him.

Keep in mind that only 15 years have past since the princesses disappearance, and likely about maybe 3 to 5 years had past before the Houses had truely been 'defined'. Thus unless your pony is very young he would have more involving his life then just his times a part of house House Whitegold.

Just as a blurb when I read some previous posts: I would completely be willing to post for House Everfree if you felt kind enough to let me do it. While Fluttershy and company will kill Sand on sight (more than likely) it fits in well with my style of posting for this rp, wandering, not bound to any one place. Just a request though.

(edited)

Just as a blurb when I read some previous posts: I would completely be willing to post for House Everfree if you felt kind enough to let me do it. While Fluttershy and company will kill Sand on sight (more than likely) it fits in well with my style of posting for this rp, wandering, not bound to any one place. Just a request though.

Sure, you don't have to have an OC in House Everfree to be the Mod over a House... and in many ways might be better, less temptation for abuse. You can simply keep Sand away from House Everfree, or at least keep his identity as an alicorn secret (as was your plan).

... you double posted, please edit. -laughs-

Better though take a look on what I mean about the details you need: http://mlpforums.com/page/roleplay-characters/_/golden-dawn-r1700

One thing you don't have is how your OC got his cutie mark, perhaps give more detail on his raise as a spy, and more importantly add details showing his thoughts of the disappearance of the princess... how it affected his life and the lives of those around him.

Keep in mind that only 15 years have past since the princesses disappearance, and likely about maybe 3 to 5 years had past before the Houses had truely been 'defined'. Thus unless your pony is very young he would have more involving his life then just his times a part of house House Whitegold.

O awesome and kind RP owner, wouldst thou review my OCs a second time? I have employed my writer friend to make them better than before!

Hm. That actually makes much more sense, for the Mod to not actually be a member of the house. I concur, Scholar.

Feel free to PM me to discuss, unless you wanted to do it here. I could probably pull off an acceptable Rarity should the situation arise.

Edited by Descant

We would have to discuss? Sure. Idk if you wish to speak here or in a PM. Maybe you and the other "leaders" should speak in private? Also, Twi still really the leader house i wish to believe correct? The way yous aid that there made me think i was leading teh whole house haha...

(edited)

We would have to discuss? Sure. Idk if you wish to speak here or in a PM. Maybe you and the other "leaders" should speak in private? Also, Twi still really the leader house i wish to believe correct? The way yous aid that there made me think i was leading teh whole house haha...

Probably PM as to keep plotlines unknown to the other members. Yes Twilight is still the leader of the house, simply the mods overseeing the Houses controls the leaders and other characters.

Hm. That actually makes much more sense, for the Mod to not actually be a member of the house. I concur, Scholar.

Feel free to PM me to discuss, unless you wanted to do it here. I could probably pull off an acceptable Rarity should the situation arise.

I will do so, and yes I just wish I would have thought of it sooner so as to make sure there wouldn't be the mistake of allowing a member that has an OC in the House to contol it.

O awesome and kind RP owner, wouldst thou review my OCs a second time? I have employed my writer friend to make them better than before!

Will do, and drop the flattery -laughs-

No need to call me the 'awesome and kind RP owner, heck I technically do not own the roleplay. Sighs more detail please, look here to see what I am looking for: http://mlpforums.com/page/roleplay-characters/_/golden-dawn-r1700

Probably PM as to keep plotlines unknown to the other members. Yes Twilight is still the leader of the house, simply the mods overseeing the Houses controls the leaders and other characters.

So i control Twilight? As much as i would love to be the Best Pony, not so sure if i should. ( i would probably be talkin' to myself a lot...) idk. I would have to think on that. But i would still wish to be a mod.

So i control Twilight? As much as i would love to be the Best Pony, not so sure if i should. ( i would probably be talkin' to myself a lot...) idk. I would have to think on that. But i would still wish to be a mod.

You have an OC in House Moon and Star? Also you would control Twilight under my direction and watch, also she wont come up often so you wont be using her often.

I will do so, and yes I just wish I would have thought of it sooner so as to make sure there wouldn't be the mistake of allowing a member that has an OC in the House to contol it.

I'd like to add that it might not be the best plan to give mod of one House to a member of another, either. Sabotage, you know? Not that I'd expect that, but personally I think that someone from outside the RP should mod. Not saying I wouldn't be perfectly willing to be a mod myself, mind.

I'd like to add that it might not be the best plan to give mod of one House to a member of another, either. Sabotage, you know? Not that I'd expect that, but personally I think that someone from outside the RP should mod. Not saying I wouldn't be perfectly willing to be a mod myself, mind.

Well as any plotlines and story points of the six factions would be discussing and went over by me… I wouldn’t allow that to happen. Though technically later on all the factions will need to fall at some point, once Harmony begins to be reforged in Equestria.

• Brohoof 1

You have an OC in House Moon and Star? Also you would control Twilight under my direction and watch, also she wont come up often so you wont be using her often.

Heheheh. yes its my only OC in this RP. Eternity. Hes in Moon and Star. And i guess if she aint gonna come up often i woudn't mind it. I just wouldn't like just my OC and her talkin'. Then it would just be me typing a preplaned conversation. That would seem akward.