ooc Equestria Divided (Grimdark)

GreyScholar

So... What are we waiting for now before we start this RP up?  I haven't really been keeping a close eye on the happenings of this page, so I could stand a little refresher.  

Are we still just waiting on OC's to be made for each house?

Yes you should, the mods should be able to talk to each other when needs be... especially for planning things out. Just don't leave me out of the loop, make plans without me -winks and laughs-

Okay! And we'd never start a chat without you! Well, that's not entirely true . . .  :lol:  Ha, yeah right. But seriously, you have no need to worry.

So... What are we waiting for now before we start this RP up?  I haven't really been keeping a close eye on the happenings of this page, so I could stand a little refresher.  

Are we still just waiting on OC's to be made for each house?

Not sure if we're still waiting for OCs but as far as I know the current problem is how to set up the thread. We're either going to go with one big thread or six separate threads for each House at the moment. Problem is with one thread we think we might get mixed up and with six we might get into technical problems. Inter-House RP might be a bit tricky too.

• Brohoof 1

"Humanity is the end; knowledge is the means; I will not rest until there are no more secrets to be discovered; I will not rest until there are no more ways to improve; I will not rest until there are no more problems to be solved; I will wield no weapon but my wits and intellect; With these weapons I will battle ignorance until the light of knowledge shines bright; When the light of knowledge shines upon us all, then I shall rest, and not before." - Atmomancer Creed

It's on my signature. Cunning Horn.

http://mlpforums.com/page/roleplay-characters/_/cunning-horn-r2172

That's it. I think I forget to insert something in his bio, but I forget. Well, if you find anything, please remind me.

It is written fairly well, better than many I have seen but...

I feel you may have forgotten how I have strongly encouraged others to start their OCs from a “not well known” position and working their way ups to being “well known”. You have branded Cunning Horn as “a threat” in the very beginning campaign (which will make things hard for him) and you are trying to work it that he was smart enough to outsmart Twilight as well as sway the loyalty of a large enough group of ponies to have him escape death.

Do you understand what I am trying to get at? If not let me spell it out: No player's pony starts out as a 'Movers' in this roleplay, at least not right away, none are powerful enough or savvy enough to take out/stand against any of the leaders of the houses... at least not by themselves. To make a true difference will take an organized group effort and no a group of soldiers that turned against Twilight out of loyalty to your pony doesn't count... at the very least because most ponies are loyal enough or fearful enough of their faction's leader to go off with someone else.

Many of the things that you have had your pony do are things I would allow and reward during the campaign because of good roleplay. Because you actually 'show' that your pony is good enough (and through such yourself) to do everything you have said he has done. Does that make sense?

Does anyone understand what I am trying to say, and back me up?

I realize that there are still problems that need sorting, but roughly how soon will the roleplay be starting once everything is figured out? I just want to know because I have a crazy pile of projects to do this week, so I want to have an estimate of if I will miss anything and how much that would be. If nobody knows, that's fine, but if anyone has a guess that'd be great.  :)

(edited)

I realize that there are still problems that need sorting, but roughly how soon will the roleplay be starting once everything is figured out? I just want to know because I have a crazy pile of projects to do this week, so I want to have an estimate of if I will miss anything and how much that would be. If nobody knows, that's fine, but if anyone has a guess that'd be great.  :)

We probably wont be getting far this week if we do get started and I have been talking to MLP Forums Moderation and Administration and they have said this:

"Unfortunately, the current site structure would not allow us to concede to seven threads for one RP. The problem is that if we allow multiple threads for your RP, then this same allowance would have to be made to other RPs. The result would be hundreds of RP threads. 

With all of this said, we are working extremely hard on building a solution for this problem within the next month or so (the timeline is hazy because the project has only just begun). In this new solution, a single RP may be split between areas within just a single RP thread. 

For now, perhaps you could keep a single thread? You could just post normally within the thread for the interactions that would have occurred in the 7th thread (all factions). Individual factions could spoiler the text that pertains to their individual faction. When the new solution becomes available, then I would send you a message and we could work to migrate your content over."

So we will have to wait to have things truly organized and separated but we can probably get it to work until they get the programing done.

Edited by EquestrianScholar

We probably wont be getting far this week if we do get started and I have been talking to MLP Forums Moderation and Administration and they have said this:

So we will have to wait to have things truly organized and separated but we can probably get it to work until they get the programing done.

Okay, that's good to know. Thanks! You know, the funny thing is that I was thinking it would be nice to be able to put several sections into one thread, and now that may actually be happening! Ha.

It is written fairly well, better than many I have seen but...

I feel you may have forgotten how I have strongly encouraged others to start their OCs from a “not well known” position and working their way ups to being “well known”. You have branded Cunning Horn as “a threat” in the very beginning campaign (which will make things hard for him) and you are trying to work it that he was smart enough to outsmart Twilight as well as sway the loyalty of a large enough group of ponies to have him escape death.

Do you understand what I am trying to get at? If not let me spell it out: No player's pony starts out as a 'Movers' in this roleplay, at least not right away, none are powerful enough or savvy enough to take out/stand against any of the leaders of the houses... at least not by themselves. To make a true difference will take an organized group effort and no a group of soldiers that turned against Twilight out of loyalty to your pony doesn't count... at the very least because most ponies are loyal enough or fearful enough of their faction's leader to go off with someone else.

Many of the things that you have had your pony do are things I would allow and reward during the campaign because of good roleplay. Because you actually 'show' that your pony is good enough (and through such yourself) to do everything you have said he has done. Does that make sense?

Does anyone understand what I am trying to say, and back me up?

I get you completely, Obviously none of us should start with enough power to defeat the Faction leaders or raise an army. And just to put it out there this does not mean you can't have any pull, Dogmatic is a commander in the Griffin army but he can't just gather forces and go to war. (That will come later hehehe.)

Also, as a side not: you can fully confirm me as the mod for Stormwing. I believe I'm more than up to the responsibility and wont be requiring anyone to replace me.

W9l6vjS.png?1?3720

I'd like to make note that I'll probably be rather busy by the time this RP starts, and that you might be better off finding someone else to mod Whitegold. But if you get no other offers, I'll try and make it work.

Also, as a side not: you can fully confirm me as the mod for Stormwing. I believe I'm more than up to the responsibility and wont be requiring anyone to replace me.

The Sand Castle Social has started, my friend.

• Brohoof 1

Find the Heart of the Jungle!

Still searching for players! Join today!

Aye aye Capt! I will edit it right away. I didn't know that before, but I can write another story as soon as possible. I will show you in the RP how cunning Cunning Horn is (Yo dawg).

P.S. Sorry, he's not as smart as Twilight. Did I say that? :lol:

• Brohoof 1

gYnJwil.gif

Pinkeh asked me to put this here. Just another What Do You Think About Me stuff.

Well i guess that means we are going to have to make do with one Thread. Hopefully things don't get too confusing.

I'd like to make note that I'll probably be rather busy by the time this RP starts, and that you might be better off finding someone else to mod Whitegold. But if you get no other offers, I'll try and make it work.

The Sand Castle Social has started, my friend.

Yeah, I'll probably be a bit busy too. I've got stuff Mondays, Tuesdays, and Wednesdays.

Sand Castle Social? Is that another roleplay or something, or is it an expression? Has the Equestria Divided roleplay started?!

Edited by TheSonicAlicorn

Yeah, I'll probably be a bit busy too. I've got stuff Mondays, Tuesdays, and Wednesdays.

Sand Castle Social? Is that another roleplay or something, or is it an expression? Has the Equestria Divided roleplay started?!

I don't think it started. But it sure has been quiet here hasn't it? I guess people are just busy with other things i suppose. Though the roleplay should be starting soon. We'll see.

Nah. Sand Castle Social is one of my RPs that Master seems to keep forgetting he's in. Equestria Divided has not yet started.

Nah. Sand Castle Social is one of my RPs that Master seems to keep forgetting he's in. Equestria Divided has not yet started.

I got lost. You should see that state of the Super Hero RP. What a clusterbomb. Anyway I'll post again, but don't expect me to interact that much.

• Brohoof 1

W9l6vjS.png?1?3720

Oh, thank goodness - I don't want to miss much of anything. Who's the pony in your new profile picture?

That's Cascade, my newest OC. I roleplay rather a lot, so I have quite a few OCs. She's the host of the Sand Castle Social that so baffled you a moment ago... She was born with a bit of a wing disorder; instead of normal wings, Cascade has, for lack of a better word, flippers. She's about the closest to a sea-pony you're going to get without actually having a sea-pony.

• Brohoof 1

That's Cascade, my newest OC. I roleplay rather a lot, so I have quite a few OCs. She's the host of the Sand Castle Social that so baffled you a moment ago... She was born with a bit of a wing disorder; instead of normal wings, Cascade has, for lack of a better word, flippers. She's about the closest to a sea-pony you're going to get without actually having a sea-pony.

Cool! Something tells me her special talent is related to aquatics. Let me guess . . . is it ocean biology? Surfing? Swimming? It's probably swimming, right?

• Brohoof 1

Cool! Something tells me her special talent is related to aquatics. Let me guess . . . is it ocean biology? Surfing? Swimming? It's probably swimming, right?

Well, yeah, it's swimming. Rather unoriginal, I know, but she is to the water what Rainbow Dash is to the skies. Her cutie mark is a whirlpool, and she can create a vortex like that in the water almost effortlessly. It's rather easier to get the water flowing in circles than it is the air, therefore, whirlpools are easier to create than tornadoes. Therefore, not OP.

I'm debating what she actually does for a living, though. I'm thinking marine biology at the moment.

• Brohoof 1

Well, yeah, it's swimming. Rather unoriginal, I know, but she is to the water what Rainbow Dash is to the skies. Her cutie mark is a whirlpool, and she can create a vortex like that in the water almost effortlessly. It's rather easier to get the water flowing in circles than it is the air, therefore, whirlpools are easier to create than tornadoes. Therefore, not OP.

I'm debating what she actually does for a living, though. I'm thinking marine biology at the moment.

Unoriginal? I've never heard of a pony (my little pony to be exact) swimming, nor have I seen a pony with that as a talent. Besides, marine biology sounds like a cool job.

• Brohoof 2

Hello, still going over bios and wanted to say I haven't forgotten you or this roleplay. I have actually been a bit busy, looking for work as well as doing research on possible collage and schooling.

• Brohoof 3

Hello everyone! Grey (EquestrianScholar) told me to introduce myself and since this is the bigger OOC topic wen the other one... hello!

I'm Spell and this is my so called character which is kind of gonna participate? Kind of? I hope? 

http://mlpforums.com/page/roleplay-characters/_/spell-shock-r2316

Since Grey poofed to do stuff before i poked how exactly i should introduce myself, i just gonna do it that way. So hello everyone once again, glad to meet you all o3o

Hope no one takes that way of saying hi offensive on some way, shape or form.

Edited by Spell Shock

Throught Equestria relics of the past lay forgotten and alone, never truly resting, awaiting recognition