[UPDATED] Devious Detonation ponysona rough sketch WIP

Motion Spark

So, I wanted to draw my friend Devious Detonation ponysona, to see how he would turn out, I hope he likes it :)

it's a rough sketch with the concept of him, here's a picture so you can judge better the resemblance: http://mlpforums.com...820#entry755715

post-5888-0-98637200-1347467066_thumb.png

Edited by Motion Spark
  • Brohoof 19

signature_by_kyle23emma-d626v04.gif

My OC's: Motion Spark || Beat Spark || Rosebelle

Sorry, I don't take REQUESTS!

I like that thing with da spikes!

I look like myself.

*Looks at mirror* Hey it's me :D

*Looks at the ponysona* Hey it's me :D

*Looks at the drawing that is supposed to be my ponysona which I drew* I SUCK AT DRAWING

• Brohoof 3

Support Apocalyptica!!! Visit the official Apocalyptica website: http://www.apocalyptica.com/us

Oh, yes... My OC/ponysona: http://mlpforums.com/page/roleplay-characters/_/metalic-strings-r1553

I like that thing with da spikes!

I look like myself.

*Looks at mirror* Hey it's me :D

*Looks at the ponysona* Hey it's me :D

*Looks at the drawing that is supposed to be my ponysona which I drew* I SUCK AT DRAWING

I couldn't make him wear your pants (ponies with pants looks weird as hell) so I got all the accesories I could get hehe! ..and if you practice like I told you, you can get better :D
  • Brohoof 1

Whoa motion spark amazing job with drawing that! You did a great job :blink:. Devious Detonation has now become a metal-head pony that is insanely awesome :D!!

hahaha!! he always has been, the thing is that he decided to show him off to the forums recently, now we now that he's a rock star! :D
  • Brohoof 2

hahaha!! he always has been, the thing is that he decided to show him off to the forums recently, now we now that he's a rock star! :D

post-7227-0-23685400-1347474641.jpg

Lol. I am not that famous...

Speaking of beeing famous, I went to the grocery store and I got overruned by fans... All with a paper sheets and pens.

Me- /).- You f#(king kidding me...

• Brohoof 3

Support Apocalyptica!!! Visit the official Apocalyptica website: http://www.apocalyptica.com/us

Oh, yes... My OC/ponysona: http://mlpforums.com/page/roleplay-characters/_/metalic-strings-r1553

post-7227-0-23685400-1347474641.jpg

Lol. I am not that famous...

Speaking of beeing famous, I went to the grocery store and I got overruned by fans... All with a paper sheets and pens.

Me- /).- You f#(king kidding me...

and that was completelly contradictory, if I have to say, just admit that you live the rock star life, and that you have a lot of cash and stuff
  • Brohoof 1

I want to be that good in drawing one day

One day

Posted Image

Now in order to feel the gap of words I have to say that you did an amazing job. I am not sure what so you find rough in it XD

thank you for your kind words! ;) it was a rough sketch because it took me less than an hour to do it, the lines are really sketchy and the shading is messy, quick and unkept, that's why.

Rough... Sketch... Well this is awesome work as usual Motion... It looks just plain awesome. The shading is done really really well as well...

thank you my friend you are very kind with your words, but I want to get better at this stuff, I just see what I can do with the shading, it's all experimenting.

All right, since Devious Detonation is headbanging on his pic, he wanted his ponysona to do the same with the cello, so here he is. I'm not sure about the action lines though, so I did 2 versions of the same.

with, action lines

post-5888-0-13782200-1347591179_thumb.png

no action lines

post-5888-0-74258400-1347591196_thumb.png

• Brohoof 7

That my friend is le sick. I especially like this post about me because that pose makes him a hundred percent more epic :D. BTW your advertisements from the RCT work! :P

yeah, I just had to become an attention whore, because no one look for updated threads because they stink like old or something hahha!!! :P

XD

One of the best things ever. :3

This drawing is so amazing, I really like his mane!

http-~~-//youtu.be/90L2tzp4dqI

Please upload some more drawings when you can!

I don't know if it would be about him, but I definitelly will upload more drawings, that's my purpose in life you know :3
  • Brohoof 2

The drawings! They're so heavy! Heavy Heavy HEAVY! Sweet job Motion, they look awesome! I wonder though, do you plan on coloring the drawings or leaving them as sketches?

yes, I plan them to be like that, reasons?

I'm a terrible coloring artist, I have a hard time blending colors and picking the best ones, this frustates me as an artist because I feel like I'm going to be stuck forever :| ...rant moment U_U

yes, I plan them to be like that, reasons?

I wanted to make avatars out of the sketches. =X I was hoping to do them regardless of whether they're colored or not, but I wanted to see if you'd continue your work.

That is, if I'm allowed to use the sketches.

post-493-0-60588000-1357490407.png

I wanted to make avatars out of the sketches. =X I was hoping to do them regardless of whether they're colored or not, but I wanted to see if you'd continue your work.

That is, if I'm allowed to use the sketches.

are you asking me to do a colored version of Devious Detonation ponysona? ...actually this was for him, this belongs to him now, it's not mine

are you asking me to do a colored version of Devious Detonation ponysona? ...actually this was for him, this belongs to him now, it's not mine

No, I wouldn't ask you to do something if you don't want to - I just wanted permission to use the sketches... but seeing as it's now DD's you're saying I should ask him instead, right?

• Brohoof 1

No, I wouldn't ask you to do something if you don't want to - I just wanted permission to use the sketches... but seeing as it's now DD's you're saying I should ask him instead, right?

it's a fair thing to do, however I would dare to say on his behalf, that he would be happy if you colored his pony, the bad thing is that I don't have a color palette for him yet...

for me it's fine, hell, if you want just the outlines without the shading, I'll give them to you.

That is dam sweeeeet~!!! Mhm~Headbangin' the solo!

Another awesome drawing from you Motion, I am becoming your fan.

I give you authorization to use the sketches. Go ahead, it's all yours to color, like a coloring book.

Edit note: He has a black mane with some blonde stripes... And the coat is the same color as Octavia's coat.

I am currently developing the cutie mark, I'll post it here sometime when I am not busy.

The fingerboard( Where you put your fingers to change the notes played from the cello) Is not that long.

The cello has four strings, by the way.

Also, @@Motion Spark, That is not how you grab a cello bow. It is always in one of the tips(The second drawing)

And one does not simply draw a pony playing a cello without the Spike.

Spike - This is located underneath the cello. It is usually made of metal and is pointed, it holds up the cello to prevent it from slipping.

I will stop editing this because I edit it everytime I see another mistake of yours, lol.

Edited by Devious Detonation
  • Brohoof 1

That is dam sweeeeet~!!! Mhm~Headbangin' the solo!

Another awesome drawing from you Motion, I am becoming your fan.

I give you authorization to use the sketches. Go ahead, it's all yours to color, like a coloring book.

Edit note: He has a black mane with some blonde stripes... And the coat is the same color as Octavia's coat.

I am currently developing the cutie mark, I'll post it here sometime when I am not busy.

The fingerboard( Where you put your fingers to change the notes played from the cello) Is not that long.

The cello has four strings, by the way.

Also, @@Motion Spark, That is not how you grab a cello bow. It is always in one of the tips(The second drawing)

And one does not simply draw a pony playing a cello without the Spike.

Spike - This is located underneath the cello. It is usually made of metal and is pointed, it holds up the cello to prevent it from slipping.

I will stop editing this because I edit it everytime I see another mistake of yours, lol.

thank you very much

this is the best way to tell me that I'm dumb and that I suck as an artist :(

no, I'm kidding ^_^

thanks for the observations though, it was the first time I drew a cello, and I couldn't know less about musical instruments, I'm really dumb on that matter XD

• Brohoof 1

thank you very much this is the best way to tell me that I'm dumb and that I suck as an artist :(

You think you suck as an artist? I can top that.

I think you misunderstood me man... I'm not very good as an artist. I just know how to use photoshop decently well - that's why I wanted to make the avatar. As far as my artistic ability goes, it's close to nothing, so I apologize for the confusion...

• Brohoof 1