Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

3D pony models

Gekoncze

Hi,

I am working on a little project and need some 3D pony models to test it. I searched on google of course, but somehow :blink: I couldn't find many downloadable *.obj models. I found some (the archive name is pony_models_mane_6_pose_0), but those were too... detailed. You could propably ask why should it be a problem. It is not because of speed, but... I'll explain.

I have seen many models of ponies, but they were missing something - the "edges". So I wanted to find a way to add it to the model. I spend few hours thinking and programming and I came up with one which is pretty fast, but it has one disadvantage - it sometimes fails at thin hollow parts and those models I had downloaded had one hollow part - the mouth (there was even a tongue :) ). So it made some glitches there if you choosed the edge too thick. I had to remove the hollow part, but it takes a long time, because I am not experienced much in 3D modeling.

So I was wondering if anypony could provide me a few models, so I can see how it looks on those models. I need it in *.obj or some other file which can be exported to *.obj in blender. It should also have a texture for eyes and for a cutie mark :) .

Also I would like to know if the "edge" looks good on the model, or if it looks weird or something, so here it is how it looks applied on a fluttershy model:

http://files.spyropi...f5d5894/lpm.png

And, if anypony knows how to use NURBS in opengl, I would really appreciate some help. :)

• Brohoof 2

Hey there, for I can´t provide you any models I´d still like to comment on your model.

So, I like it very much, I guess you put a serious amount of work in it, the edge looks very good. Only on some points like the wings or parts of the mane it could be a few more parts (like you made a curve by adding many straight lines in angles), but all in all a good job, would like to see more of this, keep it up =)

Hey there, for I can´t provide you any models I´d still like to comment on your model.

So, I like it very much, I guess you put a serious amount of work in it, the edge looks very good. Only on some points like the wings or parts of the mane it could be a few more parts (like you made a curve by adding many straight lines in angles), but all in all a good job, would like to see more of this, keep it up =)

as for the straight lines, the model I found was not so hi-poly, so there you can even see the triangles it is made of. The edges are made with one trick (automatically), but it depends on how is the model made. That is why I need to know NURBS - it would compute the triangles automatically depending on zoom, but also the model would have to be remade again using b-surfaces...

Edited by Gekoncze