Beat Spark - my new OC

Motion Spark

haha!! well for some, he's not a surprise :P

but I want to introduce my new OC to the world, Beat Spark! :D

I made a thead for him, like a week ago, asking for feedback: http://mlpforums.com...-help-feedback/, even though I didn't get much feedback, I liked his final concept!

Let me tell you a bit about him:

Motion Spark express art through his paintings, he does through his body. He represents my admiration for fighting stunts and tricks, music, gymnastics, break dance, dancing (in general), and fashion sense, note that I said fashion sense and not just fashion, because I like to dress nice, but I don't care in the slightliest on what is trending or what is "hot" this season in fashion. in this case he could be like 25% to 35% ponysona, the rest is added.

Don't let the above description to blind you, he's a very hard worker, and he's not afraid of getting dirty (unlike Rarity) when it's needed. He's tall, muscular and athletic, so he's perfect for strenght jobs. He is not 100% well manered, like Rarity, but a modest 65% would do. He likes shiny stuff and accesories, but he has his days when he doesn't care about his appearance at all. (His mane is based in Rarity's)

Posted Image

comparison in size with Motion Spark

Posted Image

EDIT: Beat Spark with bling-bling yo! (I think this would be his definitive accessories set)

Posted Image

Edited by Motion Spark
  • Brohoof 17

signature_by_kyle23emma-d626v04.gif

My OC's: Motion Spark || Beat Spark || Rosebelle

Sorry, I don't take REQUESTS!

Tall pony you got there. Very creative and I loved reading about him! Fancy hair, yet tough and physically strong...

I'm sure Dimitri could take 'em though...

• Brohoof 1

comrade_dimitri_hammer_by_goneairbourne-

Created by the fabulous Gone ϟ Airbourne

Well first things first, That mane! He looks amazing Motion, I'm loving the overall design of Beat Spark, his tall stature really compliments the mane length, and the colours fit perfectly! Great job!

• Brohoof 1

signaaaaaa.png

Tall pony you got there. Very creative and I loved reading about him! Fancy hair, yet tough and physically strong...

I'm sure Dimitri could take 'em though...

yes! :D

nothing like the best of both worlds! :D

a nice mane and all, but you can be sure that he can lift heavy barrels like Big Macintosh or kick some ass in a fight! :ph34r:

Well first things first, That mane! He looks amazing Motion, I'm loving the overall design of Beat Spark, his tall stature really compliments the mane length, and the colours fit perfectly! Great job!

ah man! I'm obssesed with Rarity's mane and tail ...if I were to make an OC, I just needed to present homage to her beautiful mane, so, in a stallion was kind of tricky to do it (earth pony, because I just love earth ponies as well), I thought that was like the best I could think of (even though he looks a bit femenine ;_;) ...thank you a lot ;)

Posted Image

• Brohoof 5

Well being honest here I am not that great at critiquing art or anything of that nature. I like how the fact you based him off your favorite pony which is really cool. To me though he really seems like he would be related to Motion Spark being that they look alike in certain aspects. His last name ends with spark so it would seem natural that he would be the elder brother to Motion Spark. You did a really great and creative job of making your oc Beat Spark :3

Edited by Gone ϟ Airbourne
  • Brohoof 1

Marblepiesig2.png.fb6ac098bee1c85c0acf52419aab2729.png

Well being honest here I am not that great at critiquing art or anything of that nature. I like how the fact you based him off your favorite pony which is really cool. To me though he really seems like he would be related to Motion Spark being that they look alike in certain aspects. His last name ends with spark so it would seem natural that he would be the elder brother to Motion Spark. You did a really great and creative job of making you oc Beat Spark :3

you didn't critique anything, or at least I didn't perceive any critic at all if there was any,

hmmm...that part it's uncertain, I didn't made him exactly related to Motion, and he's not his big brother, that's for sure, I still don't know what his backgroud story would be. And the "Spark" name, it's because that's identify me, if I make more OC's, you can bet they will be "Sparks" as well :P

you didn't critique anything, or at least I didn't perceive any critic at all if there was any,

hmmm...that part it's uncertain, I didn't made him exactly related to Motion, and he's not his big brother, that's for sure, I still don't know what his backgroud story would be. And the "Spark" name, it's because that's identify me, if I make more OC's, you can bet they will be "Sparks" as well :P

I know i didn't really critique anything but I am no artist so I have no place to critque. I know that this would be hard to do but it would be really neat to see a short animated clip of both motion spark & beat spark like hanging out or something. But that would be really hard to do I would imagine.
  • Brohoof 1

I know i didn't really critique anything but I am no artist so I have no place to critque. I know that this would be hard to do but it would be really neat to see a short animated clip of both motion spark & beat spark like hanging out or something. But that would be really hard to do I would imagine.

you guys put animating like something that it's impossible to do! in my case animating is less complicated than creating each "piece" of the character because that takes a lot of time. Actually the idea is not bad, should try that :P
  • Brohoof 1

you guys put animating like something that it's impossible to do! in my case animating is less complicated than creating each "piece" of the character because that takes a lot of time. Actually the idea is not bad, should try that :P

I am clueless to animating and drawing on the magnitude of that of which you draw .__. So that is why i believe it to be so hard :P. But if you ended up on deciding to do that I would love to check it out :3

I am clueless to animating and drawing on the magnitude of that of which you draw .__. So that is why i believe it to be so hard :P. But if you ended up on deciding to do that I would love to check it out :3

oh, I'm sorry ...you may not know about art, but you have 2 eyes, and you can see with them, and you also have your own opinion of your likes and dislikes. I think it's fair that you can critique other works.

well, you have my complete authorization to critique me ;)

and for the animation, I don't have any idea what kind of thing they could be doing, they are so different XD

oh, I'm sorry ...you may not know about art, but you have 2 eyes, and you can see with them, and you also have your own opinion of your likes and dislikes. I think it's fair that you can critique other works.

well, you have my complete authorization to critique me ;)

and for the animation, I don't have any idea what kind of thing they could be doing, they are so different XD

I would think if you made an animation of them meeting each other for the first time would be neat. Find some people to do voice-over's possibly and you could go from there as to what they would do after meeting each other for the first time.
  • Brohoof 1

I would think if you made an animation of them meeting each other for the first time would be neat. Find some people to do voice-over's possibly and you could go from there as to what they would do after meeting each other for the first time.

think in small things, nothing too complex, because it would take less time, for Motion Spark's voice, there's no problem, I can voice him since he's me :P

Beat Spark, would have a deep voice I think (with a touch of Rarity in it :D )

lol I'm talking like I'm going to do it XD

• Brohoof 1

think in small things, nothing too complex, because it would take less time, for Motion Spark's voice, there's no problem, I can voice him since he's me :P

Beat Spark, would have a deep voice I think (with a touch of Rarity in it :D )

lol I'm talking like I'm going to do it XD

You could have beat spark have a really deep voice like this guy ;). A deep manly voice :lol: It would be hard to find the right person to voice beat spark I would think though.

• Brohoof 1

You could have beat spark have a really deep voice like this guy ;). A deep manly voice :lol: It would be hard to find the right person to voice beat spark I would think though.

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vw6NdbRhOfQ&feature=related

hahaha!!! too deep for Beat XD

if I were to request this guy for voice acting, he would be dead before I finished the first animation (too old XD).

for now, I just need a normal manly voice XD

Wow you are a amazing artist! Well this is the first thread I've visited but nonetheless you're really good! I like the fashion/rugged idea of the character. His name sounds cool too.

thank you very much for your words!! :D

so, you're new huh? wow, you missed my other art threads!

hahaha!!! too deep for Beat XD

if I were to request this guy for voice acting, he would be dead before I finished the first animation (too old XD).

for now, I just need a normal manly voice XD

thank you very much for your words!! :D

so, you're new huh? wow, you missed my other art threads!

It's like this when Motion Spark meets Beat Spark for the first time. Beat Spark pretends to talk in a super deep voice like that funny old dude above :P. Motion Sparks bursts out laughing & then Beat Spark introduces himself to Motion Spark in his normal voice :lol:
  • Brohoof 1

It's like this when Motion Spark meets Beat Spark for the first time. Beat Spark pretends to talk in a super deep voice like that funny old dude above :P. Motion Sparks bursts out laughing & then Beat Spark introduces himself to Motion Spark in his normal voice :lol:

it could be, but actually I got another idea for a "Beat Spark" introduction animation ;) lololol

and I don't even need voices XD

• Brohoof 1

it could be, but actually I got another idea for a "Beat Spark" introduction animation ;) lololol

and I don't even need voices XD

Yeah an animation without voices is really the best option but once again really great job on creating your oc Motion Spark.Tu eres el mejor que hay ;)
  • Brohoof 1

Hehe... Beat Spark... doesn't sound at all familiar to any OC names I've used... Just kidding!

I think that is absolutely the manliest pony I have ever seen, well, besides Dimitry and Dustykatt.

He looks like a ponified version of "Prince Charming" if you ask me. He better not act like Blueblood and disrespect Rarity in anyway. My OC would do very bad things to him if he touched her. :)

Rarity = guarded by my finest ninjas!

*PROTECTED*

:ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r:

*PROTECTED* :ph34r::D:ph34r:*PROTECTED*

:ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r:

*PROTECTED*

And of course, my OC is guarding beloved Miss Rarity as well... he is just SO ninja, you can't even see him on this page!

• Brohoof 1

Hehe... Beat Spark... doesn't sound at all familiar to any OC names I've used... Just kidding!

I think that is absolutely the manliest pony I have ever seen, well, besides Dimitry and Dustykatt.

He looks like a ponified version of "Prince Charming" if you ask me. He better not act like Blueblood and disrespect Rarity in anyway. My OC would do very bad things to him if he touched her. :)

Rarity = guarded by my finest ninjas!

And of course, my OC is guarding beloved Miss Rarity as well... he is just SO ninja, you can't even see him on this page!

hahaha compared to Dimitri? ^_^

wow, that such a compliment for Beat Spark! hahah, prince Charming? again another good compliment! thank you so much! :D

and NO-NO! none of the "Sparks" would act like prince Blueblood in the slightliest, that guy is a jerk! :mellow: you can be sure that Beat Spark is a gentlecolt. You don't need to worry about Rarity ;)

as long as you don't take advantage :ph34r: you can protect Rarity all you want! ;) she's a gem!

• Brohoof 2

There's a bunch of genetic mumbo-jumbo that'd inevitably make everypony in the world related to each other, but aside that,...

First thing that comes to mind is Beat being a Canterlot pony, because let's face it, that much swag feels like you have the Canterlot touch.

Given how much "laid back" he is, I could infer that he used to be (past tense) a Canterlot resident, or at least lived there for a significant amount of time at some point.

Strength infers a job with heavy moving, like in construction; You know how much heavy machinery that requires, right? Probably not suitable, but just throwing out random things.

Other than that, I'm liking everything already. Something tells me I should do something similar with my own characters...

• Brohoof 1

a0AgWVX.png

<>

First thing that comes to mind is Beat being a Canterlot pony, because let's face it, that much swag feels like you have the Canterlot touch.

really, that part got out of my hands :/

never tought he would look so elegant, but Rarity looks like a Canterlot pony, yet she's a Ponyville citizen who dream of living there.

Given how much "laid back" he is, I could infer that he used to be (past tense) a Canterlot resident, or at least lived there for a significant amount of time at some point. Strength infers a job with heavy moving, like in construction; You know how much heavy machinery that requires, right? Probably not suitable, but just throwing out random things.

hmmm....perhaps it could be, but I would have to come up with a story of why he doesn't live in Canterlot anymore. And I know the amount of hard work that requires, but let's say that he's the handsome construction worker :/

let's say he worked in the mines, and find gold, then he made that collar out of that gold, and let's also say that he gets a nice income for his jobs (remember that he's athetic), he can run races, can dance, can fight (OK that can't be a job XD), can entertain, etc. ...the amount of ideas is infinite, and besides, if he was a Canterlot pony, none of his skills would be possible, he just would resolve everything with money :S

Dat Bling Bling Yo! XD

These are great drawings as always. Your artwork is amazing Motion Spark, how do you do it?

I am in love with these.

oh thank you very much :P

Beat Spark it's pure SWAG! all the way baby! :D

and I do my artwork with my hands! DUH! :P

lol

In all seriousness, I have a graphic tablet, and sketch my drawings in SAI, "vectorize" them in SAI too and add the cutie marks in photoshop :)

• Brohoof 1