Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Beat Spark? possible new OC - HELP feedback

Motion Spark

I said that I didn't need any more OC's and that I was content with Motion Spark, but I dunno, he already has a backstory and a personality, and I just want to explore more parts of me that Motion Spark can't satisfy, not to mention that he is involved in too many projects, he would feel exhausted demand me to pay him extra hours :lol: .

the idea of participating in a new RP, was the catalist for me to come up with a new OC, so there you have his original design (and I always wanted an earth pony), I want feedback on his appearance and looks, his mane and tail, the color palette as well. His mane is based on Rarity's mane.

post-5888-0-21492100-1349034318_thumb.png

basically he's the inner Rarity in me, while Motion Spark express art through his paintings, he does through his body. He represents my admiration for fighting stunts and tricks, music, gymnastics, break dance, dancing (in general), and fashion sense, note that I said fashion sense and not fashion, because I like to dress nice, but I don't care in the slightliest on what is trending or what is "hot" this season in fashion. in this case he could be like 35% to 45% ponysona, the rest is added.

don't let the above description to blind you, he's a very hard worker, and he's not afraid of getting dirty (unlike Rarity) so he's very athletic, muscular and taller for a normal pony, here it is how he looks compared to motion spark's size.

post-5888-0-98009200-1349034479_thumb.png

Beat Spark, is a random name, but based on these descriptions, if you guys can help me choose a better name for him, it would be highly appreciated :) ...also I don't know what his cutie mark would be, help me on that too :P

random skecthes of him :P

post-5888-0-23419900-1349034818_thumb.png

PD: him and Motion Spark are not related at all, he just one of my own "sparks"

• Brohoof 6

QUICK MOTION SPARK IS EVOLVING...... du du du du du du du (had to be done)

i rely like the design, kinda reminds me of honey puff and honey lemon if i must say.

also its a real shame you not making them related, or hell just make beat spark an older version that followed his passion

as for name and cutie mark? hhmmm, yeah give me some time

Edited by PonyEcho
  • Brohoof 1

@@PonyEcho, I dunno, do you think that it would be great if they were related? I didn't see the relation but, this is a feedback thread so, everything is subject to change XD

well that was what clicked to me when i saw both of them together, but that's mainly due to the slight color similarities other then that and them sharing the same passion of drawing.

then again on first glance before i notice that there was no horn Beat Spark almost seems to me like it was something Motion Spark wanted to become, a swag pony with a rarity like passion for Painting and the talent to back it up. but that just my thought on it

actually i think it would be better not to have them related now remove the Spark from the name and have something new (canvas keeps popping into my head for some reason) and back ground wise have him being some awesome artist who has taken Motion Spark under his wing.

btw will this OC be going anywhere? I thought i'd ask because well i seemed to have gotten carried away

• Brohoof 1

well that was what clicked to me when i saw both of them together, but that's mainly due to the slight color similarities other then that and them sharing the same passion of drawing.

then don't share the same passion for drawing, I'll quote miself:

while Motion Spark express art through his paintings, he does through his body

then again on first glance before i notice that there was no horn Beat Spark almost seems to me like it was something Motion Spark wanted to become, a swag pony with a rarity like passion for Painting and the talent to back it up. but that just my thought on it

actually i think it would be better not to have them related now remove the Spark from the name and have something new (canvas keeps popping into my head for some reason) and back ground wise have him being some awesome artist who has taken Motion Spark under his wing.

He's not a mentor, lol no! where did you get that idea from XD ...also he's not an adult Motion, look at them they are way too different. The idea of have them related could be either good or bad, still dunno. And the "Spark" last name MUST stay because those are my "signature" character, where you read a Spark, you can relate that pony to me, except for Storm Spark lol

btw will this OC be going anywhere? I thought i'd ask because well i seemed to have gotten carried away

yeah, still no sure, but I don't want to use Motion for too many things, it's better if I have another "Spark" OC available for me. They have similarities but they're not equal.

• Brohoof 1

well, i feel kinda derp now. (pesky mind of mine getting carried away)

back on point then..... he's Blue Blood basically focused on outer beauty, also if you gonna use the Spark in his name make him related to Motion Spark

Edited by PonyEcho

I'm not exactly good at critiquing OCs, but...

I do like him. Everything you explained about him is expressed in his stance alone. He emanates in confidence and definitely looks like a "Rarity" esque person.

I also like the palette you used for him. Nothing extraordinarily flashy, but not too simple. Just right.

I say keep him and just add on if you feel the need to.

On the idea of relation to Motion...I like both ideas. Being related could be either an older sibling to him or a cousin. That one is up to you.

As for a cutie mark, I got nothing. :/

Not good with that sort of thing.

Something that captures "Elogance".

But also gives off some "Strength"

• Brohoof 1

well, i feel kinda derp now. (pesky mind of mine getting carried away)

back on point then..... he's Blue Blood basically focused on outer beauty, also if you gonna use the Spark in his name make him related to Motion Spark

why do everyone think that basing something in Rarity means just beauty? LOL ... no, he's not vane (ok, just a little), he uses his body, because he is athletic, flexible and skilled, like Applejack

@, picking up a cutie mark for him would be hard, I have no idea what use :/

• 1 month later...

I said that I didn't need any more OC's and that I was content with Motion Spark, but I dunno, he already has a backstory and a personality, and I just want to explore more parts of me that Motion Spark can't satisfy, not to mention that he is involved in too many projects, he would feel exhausted demand me to pay him extra hours Posted Image .

the idea of participating in a new RP, was the catalist for me to come up with a new OC, so there you have his original design (and I always wanted an earth pony), I want feedback on his appearance and looks, his mane and tail, the color palette as well. His mane is based on Rarity's mane.

post-5888-0-21492100-1349034318_thumb.png

basically he's the inner Rarity in me, while Motion Spark express art through his paintings, he does through his body. He represents my admiration for fighting stunts and tricks, music, gymnastics, break dance, dancing (in general), and fashion sense, note that I said fashion sense and not fashion, because I like to dress nice, but I don't care in the slightliest on what is trending or what is "hot" this season in fashion. in this case he could be like 35% to 45% ponysona, the rest is added.

don't let the above description to blind you, he's a very hard worker, and he's not afraid of getting dirty (unlike Rarity) so he's very athletic, muscular and taller for a normal pony, here it is how he looks compared to motion spark's size.

post-5888-0-98009200-1349034479_thumb.png

Beat Spark, is a random name, but based on these descriptions, if you guys can help me choose a better name for him, it would be highly appreciated Posted Image ...also I don't know what his cutie mark would be, help me on that too Posted Image

random skecthes of him Posted Image

post-5888-0-23419900-1349034818_thumb.png

PD: him and Motion Spark are not related at all, he just one of my own "sparks"

I really like his palette, for starters! Not bland, not flashy, very natural. It will make the flashier clothes I can imagine him wearing stand out more! I've always liked taller pony designs, so that's personal preference. His personality is unique (I especially like that you have more than one ponysona to represent individual parts of you!)

And I totally understand what you mean by fashion sense. I use my fashion sense all the time to draw outfits, and I myself usually go around in jeans and a t-shirt!

@, thank you very much, but Beat Spark is already a reality :D

and he have found a lot of acceptance on this forums as well, also, he's currently active in one RP in which I'm making drawings for, If you visit my profile, you will se a link to his official OC thread ;)

I also have made more art threads about him

@, thank you very much, but Beat Spark is already a reality Posted Image

and he have found a lot of acceptance on this forums as well, also, he's currently active in one RP in which I'm making drawings for, If you visit my profile, you will se a link to his official OC thread Posted Image

I also have made more art threads about him

Well, Derp. Ya know, I probably should have actually looked at the date on this thread. Still, I do like both Sparks! I'm pretty picky on OCs I like, so for me, that's saying a lot.

• Brohoof 1

@, Ultra mega HUGS! :wub: :wub:

I got nothing more than positive feedback about both of my OC's/ponysonas and I feel really proud of both of them. I am a picky customer too (well, not so picky) and I love Barnabas Kelvin a lot :wub:

Thank you very much :D

• Brohoof 1

-snip-

What a hunk.

I'm envious of your stallions. Whenever I try to create a stallion the end up just looking like a female xD

You've really captured beauty in male form, quite the feat.

Now only if you joined my romance rps so I could hop on da stuff ;)

lmao ~

• Brohoof 1

What a hunk.

I'm envious of your stallions. Whenever I try to create a stallion the end up just looking like a female xD

You've really captured beauty in male form, quite the feat.

Now only if you joined my romance rps so I could hop on da stuff ;)

lmao ~

Thank you Shankie! ;)

I'm the complete opposite I draw stallions better than mares, and actually I prefer to draw stallions XD

with Beat Spark I took a huge risk, because I wanted him to have a perfect balance between his masculine and femenine side and not to make him look too femenine.. the feedback I got for him is pretty cool though :wub:

http://mlpforums.com/topic/35095-beat-spark-my-new-oc/

http://mlpforums.com/topic/35615-beat-spark-is-not-just-a-pretty-face/

http://mlpforums.com/topic/36474-beat-spark-ggg-outfits/

this thread is old, and it was just a concept of him, he is a full OC now, so above there are the links of all the art threads I made for Beat. ;)

haha, I would love to join one of your RP's, I'm still very new to that world and have no experience, but I'm already in one, so my hooves are full :x

QUICK MOTION SPARK IS EVOLVING...... du du du du du du du (had to be done)

..Actually it's

What?

MOTION SPARK is evolving!

DIDUDIDU..

DU DU - DU DU - DU DU - DU - DUUU

DU DU - DU DU - DU DU - DU - D..

..DA DA DA - DADA DA DADA DA DAAA

Coungratulations! Your MOTION SPARK

evolved into BEAT SPARK!

(loop)

DA DA DA DA DADADA - DADADA DADADA

DA DA DA DA DADADA - DADADA - DA

(:loop)

Anyways, that OC looks really cool! I like your old Motion Spark so I still think you should have him as your "main" OC. But that Beat Spark is cool too :)

• Brohoof 2

Anyways, that OC looks really cool! I like your old Motion Spark so I still think you should have him as your "main" OC. But that Beat Spark is cool too

I can't believe that you haven't heard of Beat Spark (his link is below my siggy) and he is not Motion Spark :x

and technically I only have one OC because Motion Spark is my ponysona, though I've used him as an OC

Off-topi: I love your siggy, it scared me XD

-snippy-

Oh my gosh Motion Spark, clearly my rps are more important than that ;)

and at my post I was in 10 rps at once.

gurl got skiiillllz ~

but seriously sorry for reviving an old thread, he looks amazing :)

Oh my gosh Motion Spark, clearly my rps are more important than that and at my post I was in 10 rps at once. gurl got skiiillllz ~

oh dear! wow that is impressive, I find it hard to coordinate between several RP's at once, specially if you are using multiple OC's, now I feel like I want to give a read to your RP's haha :lol:

but seriously sorry for reviving an old thread, he looks amazing

don't worrey! ;) you didn't revive this thread, but if it wasn't revived you wouldn't know about Beat Spark right ;)
  • Brohoof 1