Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Opinion on pirating MLP:FiM episodes & other media

Mythicolt

I try to use piracy as a last resort. My philosophy has always been to never use the big guns unless you have no other alternative. Typically, unless I flat out can't find the material in question, I will always try to buy it legit. Hear that Nintendo? I'm telling you right now that if you EVER release an English version of Mother 3 in any format, I will buy it.

As for FiM, it's more out of necessity. I just can't ever find the episodes in boxsets (season 1 notwithstanding). Not to mention there are alot of bronies out there that are afraid to go to stores and buy the episodes. I have to admit, I've never bought them in public before either (I got season 1 off Amazon), though ironically, I have told some people about the show and the fact that I like it.

It's a situation, alright. You've got a show that's extremely popular on the Internet, the most popular version of said show ever made. But because of the fact that there's such a high Internet following, people seem to be more apt to pirate the show, if for no other reason than out of fear of non-bronies finding out that they like it. Yet, if the following on the Internet wasn't there, there wouldn't be any pirating, but then the show wouldn't be nearly as popular as it is among older sudiences. This is known as a paradox. And it's not an easy issue, especially with the show in question.