Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

request Anyone Can Make a YouTube Background?

Homura Akemi

I could attempt to make one, but no promises :P I suggest going with a repeating gradient, so that it never looks out of place.

YouTube BG's are a bit of a pain, since HTML runs background images in "tiles" - meaning it repeats left to right, and also from top to bottom. If the image is too small, it will loop partially, and if it's too big, you'll miss part of the image. The best options are to 1) have an HD background or 2) use a gradient.

If you use a bi-linear, black to white gradient that's 1920x1 p (meaning full HD width, but only 1 pixel high), then at full screen, the left and right fringes of the window will be very dark, and it will slowly fade to white as you look towards the center.

Here's an example of a bi-linear gradient:

Posted Image

At that point, it doesn't matter how wide the window is - the gradient will be smooth at any given point. The center will be covered by the video/comments section, so you really won't see the absolute white line in the middle. (And note that you don't have to use absolute black and absolute white, you can use greys, colors, etc. as well.)

I'm having a hard time describing this, but I hope this helps. I can make one really quick if you want to try it out. Just give me two colors, (one for the outside color, and one for the inside), and I'll render one for you. I'm not sure how familiar you are with hexadecimal color codes, but having two specific color codes would make life a lot easier. Check out this website if you want a quick choice: http://www.pagetutor.com/common/bgcolors1536.html

Well im not so good at making backgrounds :D ...But I found a really nice one on deviantART.Here :

post-9091-0-35312000-1351116439_thumb.png

Hope you like it :D ..Its my youtube background too !

Edited by NozY

(edited)

Well im not so good at making backgrounds :D ...But I found a really nice one on deviantART.Here :

post-9091-0-35312000-1351116439_thumb.png

Hope you like it :D ..Its my youtube background too !

It's really nice but sadly I am looking for a non-pony background.

I could attempt to make one, but no promises :P I suggest going with a repeating gradient, so that it never looks out of place.

YouTube BG's are a bit of a pain, since HTML runs background images in "tiles" - meaning it repeats left to right, and also from top to bottom. If the image is too small, it will loop partially, and if it's too big, you'll miss part of the image. The best options are to 1) have an HD background or 2) use a gradient.

If you use a bi-linear, black to white gradient that's 1920x1 p (meaning full HD width, but only 1 pixel high), then at full screen, the left and right fringes of the window will be very dark, and it will slowly fade to white as you look towards the center.

Here's an example of a bi-linear gradient:

Posted Image

At that point, it doesn't matter how wide the window is - the gradient will be smooth at any given point. The center will be covered by the video/comments section, so you really won't see the absolute white line in the middle. (And note that you don't have to use absolute black and absolute white, you can use greys, colors, etc. as well.)

I'm having a hard time describing this, but I hope this helps. I can make one really quick if you want to try it out. Just give me two colors, (one for the outside color, and one for the inside), and I'll render one for you. I'm not sure how familiar you are with hexadecimal color codes, but having two specific color codes would make life a lot easier. Check out this website if you want a quick choice: http://www.pagetutor...colors1536.html

I like that style. Perhaps if it were in a different color it would work.

Edited by Dίsmajo