Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Station WPNY

PonyHag1

It was a routine day in Ponyville. Twilight Sparkle and her friends were sitting around the cafe, sipping coffee and being bored.

"There's gotta be somethin' we can do...there's just gotta." complained Applejack.

"I know...let's start our own radio station!" exclaimed Spike.

"A radio station?" asked Twilight in surprise. "We're not that bored, are we?"

"Let's do it!" cried Pinkie. "Station WPNY, coming to all corners of Equestria and spinning your favorites!"

"What do we know about runnin' a radio station?" asked Applejack.

"What's to know? You just play records and read the news every hour." said Pinkie.

"I think you're all forgetting something...we need the approval of the Princess for this." Twilight reminded them.

"Oh, my...do you think she'd approve?" asked Fluttershy.

"Probably, but we'd better double check. Spike, take a letter."

Twilight Sparkle began: "Dear Princess Celestia, we would like to start a radio station in Ponyville. We think it would be an excellent way to share music with everypony, and give us something to do in our spare time. Please respond ASAP. Your faithful student, Twilight Sparkle."

After Spike sent the letter, Twilight sat down to finish her coffee. "Nothing to do but wait...the Princess will send a reply when she's ready."

"So exactly where are we going to put this radio station if the Princess gives her permission?" asked Rainbow Dash.

"And where in tarnation are we gonna get equipment for it?" said Applejack.

"I'm not worried about equipment." replied Twilight. "My brother is an electronics and stereo nut...he knows tons of places that sell that kind of thing. I'm sure he'll help us pay for it, and if the Princess likes the idea, she might help out too."

"We're going to ask Princess Celestia for a loan?" asked Fluttershy.

Twilight chuckled. "No...but I think she can help with getting the stuff brought here. As for where to have the station, what about the old general store? It's been abandoned for months, and there's a yard in back to set up an antenna."

"Great idea! Maybe there'll be some leftover candy in the store!" exclaimed Pinkie Pie.

"That old place...I'll bet it's all dirty and grubby." remarked Rarity.

"Then we're just gonna have to get our hooves dirty and get 'er cleaned up." said Applejack.

Just then, Spike burped up a letter. "It's the reply from the Princess!" said Twilight as she opened it.

The letter said: "Dear Twilight, I think opening a radio station is a wonderful idea. Just don't let it distract you from your other responsibilities. I'll pay a visit soon to see how it's going. Signed, Princess Celestia."

All the ponies and Spike cheered.

"Yee-haw!" cried Applejack. "Station WPNY is a go!"

• Brohoof 1