Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Ratchet & Clank

Dr. Nefarious

So who else here absolutely LOVES the Ratchet & Clank series like me here? I personally cannot get over them and they will always remain my favorite games. I very much enjoyed the newer ps3 ones but the ps2 ones will always remain the best.

I was also very dissapointed in the way the handled the HD collection, I love the new HD visuals of it but there are far too many game breaking glitches packed in it that were never in the original games.

So post anything R&C related here, your favorite piece of the soundtracks, images, or experiences with these games.

And here are my 2 favorite tracks from all of the games together.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uUd753KKPJQ

• Brohoof 2

I've been a fan of the first game ever since it came out! I still have it, but I sadly can't play it anymore because my PS3 broke :/

Out of the trilogy, I've only played the first one. I really don't have any idea why I hadn't gotten into the other two. Perhaps the first was just too perfect in my eyes to see it get any better LOL

But I've played ToD. The graphics shocked me from start to finish, the story kept pushing me to play further, and the whole upgrade system really made the experience more worthwhile; even enough for me to go and complete it again and again.

I love these games soooo much... I haven't played Secret Agent Clank, Going Mobile and All 4 One, but I've played the others so many times I can't even coun't. Ratchet & Clank is my favourite franchise.

The music is so awesome, I love the theme for Kavu Island in Up Your Arsenal, and Captain Slag's theme from Tools of Destruction.

I never noticed before, since I havent played Tools of Destruction since before I started watching MLP, but recently it hit me: guess who voices Talwyn in the game?

Wait for it, at the 20 seconds mark...

post-7348-0-16596800-1351729154.png

Edited by Flutters

The RYNO!

Posted Image

Glorious, glorious weapon in all of them. Love that in one of the newer Rachet and Clanks (can't remember which) it plays Flight of the Valkyries, you never want to stop the gun!

Edit: That one!

Edited by Celestia's Scribe
  • Brohoof 2

dubcubdhuasb I FREAKING LOVE RATCHET AND CLANK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The RYNO!

Posted Image

Glorious, glorious weapon in all of them. Love that in one of the newer Rachet and Clanks (can't remember which) it plays Flight of the Valkyries, you never want to stop the gun!

Edit: That one!

R.Y.N.O: Rip You A New One <3 amazing weapon but took me soooo looong to get it D: I LOVE Ratchet and Clank!!!!!!!!!

I played the original on the PS2 TO DEATH. Honestly, they were just mind-bogglingly good for me back then. Because my PS2 has since spun its final disc, though, I haven't been able to revisit them. Perhaps one day...

I've been a fan of the first game ever since it came out! I still have it, but I sadly can't play it anymore because my PS3 broke :/

Out of the trilogy, I've only played the first one. I really don't have any idea why I hadn't gotten into the other two. Perhaps the first was just too perfect in my eyes to see it get any better LOL

But I've played ToD. The graphics shocked me from start to finish, the story kept pushing me to play further, and the whole upgrade system really made the experience more worthwhile; even enough for me to go and complete it again and again.

Wait, what do you mean you can't play it since your ps3 broke? You mean you had one of those backwards compatible ps3's? If you did that sucks to have it break, barely anyone had those.

• 2 months later...

Major bump of a lifetime because I was just wondering how long it took you guys to upgrade the weapons on the first playthrough of all the R&Cs after the first one

For me it's like this

Going Commando: all the main upgradable weapons upgraded just before reaching the final boss (minus Clank Zapper of course :P )

UYA: All weapons (minus the RY3NO of course :P ) upgraded on Koros

Deadlocked: I actually had patience for this one

Luckily, Stygia, Maraxus, and Ghost Station gave your weapons quite a bit of experience

Size Matters: this one atually kind of stumped me/got me mad because the enemies lose their upgrade potential after each kill I believe

Secret Agent Clank: could only get a few upgrades in before giving up and moving on to challenge playthrough

(Where all unupgraded weapons are practically rendered obscure <_< )

Tools of Destruction: all the main weapons fully upgraded on Reepor (yes, it involved quite a bit of suiciding bit it was kind of worth it) could only get the RYNO IV upgraded to level 3 before losing patience and moving on (Jasindu, Ublik Passage, and Igliak are the best places to get the RYNO IV upgraded as far as possible)

ACiT: ALL weapons upgraded just before fighting Nefarious (yes, that includes the RYNO V)

Gimlick Valley (on the first wave of the fight) is the best place to just stay put and upgrade all those stubborn weapons. Unfortunately, you're going to have to drown yourself when the kid says "this way Lunchbox" so you can re-kill all the enemies for the experience.

As for the RYNO... Planet Vapedia, Nefarious Space Station, And the Moons on Planet Corvus should be enough to get it upgraded to at least halfway into lvl.3 you may have to repeat the trip for a bit to get it fully upgraded though

I don't remember much about the details, since I last played these games (I only own R&C 1-3 for the PS2, because lolPS3) back when they came out, which was like 7 years ago or something like that.

Personally, I just found the weapons that actually killed things as their normal variants, and then proceeded to upgrade them. Mainly, in GC, this included the Bouncer, the Lancer (never used it after I got other stuff, though), the Gravity Bomb, and maybe the Pulse Rifle. Maybe. My main tactic was to just run in and be like IMA BLOW YO ASS UP IN YO FACE!

In UyA, it was definitely the Plasma Whip...and the Bouncer. Again. Also, the Disc-blade gun, because I felt like a ninja.

Anything that blew shit up (other than the minirocket tube, that thing was terrible) was something that grabbed my attention.

*Looks at above poster* Oh hey! I can't shake this feeling that we've talked about this game before...recently.... ;)

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

I've played 1, 3 and ACiT and personally I like the later games better. The first one was a little unbalanced in difficulty and that was mostly due to it's wonky ass controls. UYA was better about that but I've yet to beat it. I don't even remember where I was.

ACiT is the only Plat I have on my PS3 though so that should tell you how much I love it. It's the PERFECT game in the series for me, in fact it's one of the best games I've ever played. Best story ever, INSANELY tight controls, unique weapons, bright environments....I'm glad they stuck with Ratchet's original design. I remember seeing somewhere that they planned to make him more realistic/human in the museum and I was like "Naw, that's ugly. Glad they kept it"