private Canterlot College : Dorm Life

Shankveld

Star Keeper was satisfied when his Latte was brought to him. It was silky and smooth, just as he liked it. He knew he ordered it to go, but the conversation he was listening into was priceless. These foals and their gossip, when will some learn?

He took another sip of his Latte and pricked his ears back up as he heard more of them approach. They are drawn to conversation like a fly is drawn to a corpse. The thought humored him, but he quickly went back to eves-dropping.

• Brohoof 3

"Here's your coffee, sir." "Thanks." He took a quick sip. Delicious. He also grabbed his muffin and moved on. He checked his timetable. "Let's see... Oh. I've got nothing to do for a few hours. Well, definitely not worth a trip back to the dorm, so I guess I'll just stay here." He sat down, put his coffee down and took a rest, taking out his books to read. Nothing like a cup of coffee and a nice book. Then, a clumsy pony spilled the coffee all over the place, covering the floor with brown liquid. "Ooops, sorry." And the derpy pony moved not, not even helped him to clean up. Great. He packed his book up and went to somewhere else, ignoring the puddle on the floor.

• Brohoof 1

Sugar ordered an iced mocha with skim milk and she sighed, looking around the cafeteria. It was pretty full, and she didn't really know where to sit, or even what to do.

She looked at Dogboots.

"Well, I guess we should ask someone where the principals office is, huh?"

She said sadly, taking a small sip of her drink.

• Brohoof 1

Parso left his room and locked the door behind him, after setting off down a few corridors he eventually came across the cafeteria, the place was packed with ponies

" well, better friends than hostiles, I guess"

he noticed a familiar looking face sitting at a table

"G'day nightfall, mind if I sit here?"

he pointed a hoof towards the seat next to nightfall. although he acted quite confidently, he was still crowd-shy inside.

Parso left his room and locked the door behind him, after setting off down a few corridors he eventually came across the cafeteria, the place was packed with ponies

" well, better friends than hostiles, I guess"

he noticed a familiar looking face sitting at a table

"G'day nightfall, mind if I sit here?"

he pointed a hoof towards the seat next to nightfall. although he acted quite confidently, he was still crowd-shy inside.

Nightfall was a bit startled by Parso's sudden appearance.

"Yeah, sure. Hey, Eris," he said. "Eris, this here is my roommate, Parso Incendiare. Parso, it's Eris Nova."

He said it as if he had known Eris his whole life. Despite his original intentions, he was beginning to like Eris. He, for now, didn't seem too bad.

He needed to find a place to sit. Consarnit, all the seats are taken. Except for one. He hurried to the last seat, and took a seat. To his surprise, it was the derpy pony that nearly ruined his day. I can't sit there, I'll just run into more trouble. He hastily tried to find another seat. A random pony took his belongings and left. Good. Let's not run into more derpy ponies today. As he took a seat, he glanced to his right. "Oh, hello, Nightfall!"

• Brohoof 1

"Nonsense." Eris smiled sweetly still focused on Blade. "I could tell from the moment you walked into the cafeteria there was something special about you."

"And she lives with the Princesses."

"Well, well, well. How interesting after all." Eris spoke smooth and confident, it was easy to see how his effect on the ladies worked. His voice was almost as powerful as a spell.

Cherished smirked. Atta girl. "This one is unchainable, my darling. But the chase is so much fun." Cherished turned to admired Eris' perfect white coat and deep blue mane. Perfecto. Saphira suggested some green to Cherished, "oh?" Cherished pinched her lips together. "Are you sure it's not too much. I don't want people to think I'd holla for a dollar. I'd prefer to come across as more of a high end prostitute." Cherished turned to her phone and dialed up Lovely.

"Hello beautiful."

"Hey Cherished."

"Where is your fine plot brother at?"

"Oh, we're all just chatting in the cafeteria. You should come."

Cherished hung-up the phone and turned to Saphira. "Let's go doll-face."

Eris turned his attention back to Nighfall, he could tell Blade was a bit of shy type. A lady like that needs some romancin' first. "I may be a certain colt who knows how to come play nice with others from time to time." Eris cocked his eyebrow, it was hard to tell if he was ever being serious. Lovely sat quietly smiling and listening intently to the conversation.

Suddenly some half-brain pony spilt coffee all over a green pegasus sitting nearby. Steaming coffee was all over the cafeteria floor. "Oh, that's disgusting." Lovely whimpered softly. Eris scoffed, "oi! Slave pony! You going to do your job and clean this mess up!?" Eris shouted towards sugar and Dogboots from across the cafeteria. "Stupid earth ponies, always have to tell them everything. Worthless." "Creepy." Lovely shuddered, "they don't have wings or horns."

Eris immediately stood up and shook Paros' hoof. "Good to meet up, I'm Eris. The beautiful pink unicorn is my little sister, Lovely. And this is her roommate Blade," Eris winked at Blade playfully. "Have a seat. Please." Eris used his magic to pull out a chair next to Nightfall and kept the mares on his side of the table.

Suddenly Cherished entered the cafe. Her long curly red mane bounced as she walked in, followed closely behind by Saphira. Everypony at the table looked to see her except Eris, his back remained turned to her. Cherished playfully wrapped her hooves around Eris as she slid into a behind hug. Cherished made immediate eye contact with Nightfall and slowly licked the side of Eris' face seductively whilst maintaining eye contact.

"Hey there Cherry Pop." Eris said as if what she had just done was normal. "Guess why we call her that?" Eris starred down the colts at his table.

• Brohoof 2

I'm sorry, but at this point Star Keeper burst out with laughter. Not only were these ponies a riot in themselves, but add a spilt coffee into the equation and, well, it resulted in uncontrollable fits of laughing that caught more than one ponies attention. He did hope he didn't make too much a spectacle of himself, but it was so damn funny to watch.

While trying to gain control over his fits of laughter, Star Keeper successfully spilt some of his Latte down his neck. When he returned to reality, and noticed the mess, he went in a bit of a pout. He cleaned himself of with a couple of napkins, and thought it best leave silently before anything else happened. Well, that was the plan...

Edited by The-Master
  • Brohoof 1

Vinyl sat up in her chair. "I'm pretty sure I know why you call her that. And do y'all have something against earth ponies?" She leaned forward a bit and glared at Eris. "'Cause I was fucking raised by earth ponies, you twat." At that, she stood up and started to leave the cafeteria

Edited by Feld0's Overlord
  • Brohoof 1

"I was fucking raised by earth ponies, you twat."

Star Keeper was going to get up and leave till he heard this bellowed across the room. He decided instead to sit back down and listen to see how this was going to turn out. These ponies were awfully entertaining when agitated. He perked his ears back up to listen in for a response to the previous outburst. Star Keeper beckoned to the waiter to bring him another napkin so he could try to get out at least some of the mess on his coat.

"Oh, well, I'm originally from Canterlot. I'm more of an artist around these parts. My talent is for making wooden sculptures, which have made SUCH an impact on my life! A few of them have been accepted into the Canterlot art museum, making me the yhoungest pony to EVER have a commission in that facility! And, because of that, I got a scholarship here! Once I heard of it, I couldn't sleep at all! Not even from last night! And now, I'm here in the college, in this dorm, it's just so AMAZING!"

Rockshire's happy rant ended after she realized that her new roommate was still a little bummed. "Oh, I'm sorry... I should keep my gloating to a minimum next time..."

She tried to figure out a way to make her happy.

"Well, I'm sure we can make new friends here quickly! Why don't we head down to the cafe?", she asked to Sugar Rush.

• Brohoof 1

"Nonsense." Eris smiled sweetly still focused on Blade. "I could tell from the moment you walked into the cafeteria there was something special about you."

"And she lives with the Princesses."

"Well, well, well. How interesting after all." Eris spoke smooth and confident, it was easy to see how his effect on the ladies worked. His voice was almost as powerful as a spell.

Cherished smirked. Atta girl. "This one is unchainable, my darling. But the chase is so much fun." Cherished turned to admired Eris' perfect white coat and deep blue mane. Perfecto. Saphira suggested some green to Cherished, "oh?" Cherished pinched her lips together. "Are you sure it's not too much. I don't want people to think I'd holla for a dollar. I'd prefer to come across as more of a high end prostitute." Cherished turned to her phone and dialed up Lovely.

"Hello beautiful."

"Hey Cherished."

"Where is your fine plot brother at?"

"Oh, we're all just chatting in the cafeteria. You should come."

Cherished hung-up the phone and turned to Saphira. "Let's go doll-face."

Eris turned his attention back to Nighfall, he could tell Blade was a bit of shy type. A lady like that needs some romancin' first. "I may be a certain colt who knows how to come play nice with others from time to time." Eris cocked his eyebrow, it was hard to tell if he was ever being serious. Lovely sat quietly smiling and listening intently to the conversation.

Suddenly some half-brain pony spilt coffee all over a green pegasus sitting nearby. Steaming coffee was all over the cafeteria floor. "Oh, that's disgusting." Lovely whimpered softly. Eris scoffed, "oi! Slave pony! You going to do your job and clean this mess up!?" Eris shouted towards sugar and Dogboots from across the cafeteria. "Stupid earth ponies, always have to tell them everything. Worthless." "Creepy." Lovely shuddered, "they don't have wings or horns."

Eris immediately stood up and shook Paros' hoof. "Good to meet up, I'm Eris. The beautiful pink unicorn is my little sister, Lovely. And this is her roommate Blade," Eris winked at Blade playfully. "Have a seat. Please." Eris used his magic to pull out a chair next to Nightfall and kept the mares on his side of the table.

Suddenly Cherished entered the cafe. Her long curly red mane bounced as she walked in, followed closely behind by Saphira. Everypony at the table looked to see her except Eris, his back remained turned to her. Cherished playfully wrapped her hooves around Eris as she slid into a behind hug. Cherished made immediate eye contact with Nightfall and slowly licked the side of Eris' face seductively whilst maintaining eye contact.

"Hey there Cherry Pop." Eris said as if what she had just done was normal. "Guess why we call her that?" Eris starred down the colts at his table.

"I got her name. Awesome. Now to just figure out some things about her and not make Eris mad while I'm at it. I'd hate to fight him; I'd be killed for certain."

"Yeah, I can see why."

He smiled at Cherished, but didn't try anything. He knew she liked Eris already. Secretly, his target was Lovely.

"Anything you think you can tell me straight off, Eris?"

Edited by Nightfall
  • Brohoof 1

"Interesting fact about that actually." Star Keeper couldn't help but get involved. He'd been sitting at the same table as them for 20 minutes now listening to them talk and was now eager to be a part of it. Unfortunately Star Keeper numbers in the worst ponies for making conversation.

"Did you know the name Eris derives from the name for the Goddess of Spite and discord in old Pegasus mythology? She is supposedly the cause of the war at Coltroy." It was about this point where Star Keeper realized he was terrible at making conversation.

'Quickly, Star Keeper, think. What do the hip kids of today talk about?'

"So, um... I'm all word with that gossip, bro... broette. Um... YOLO." He panicked, slumping back into his chair. "I'll just sit here for a bit."

• Brohoof 2

"Heh, sounds good" she said smiling calmly *I'll have plenty of time to rest later, it seems like a more important priority to meet the kids around the school* she thought to herself *I'm kinda hungry too, the cafe doesn't sound that bad* she thought as she trotted alongside her new roommate.

• Brohoof 1

"Sounds great!", exclaimed Rockshire, as her and Sugar Rush exited their room, heading down to the cafe. *So far, this is going great.*, she thought. *The roommate doesn't seem like a bad pony at all. And there's a chance that I could meet some other starving artists here too.*

They both reach the entrance to the cafe.

• Brohoof 1

Lovely gaped at Blade's strong reaction. "She hates me." Lovely's ears turned.

"Oh honey, no. She doesn't hate you. Some ponies are just a little sensitive about some things."

"Really Cherished?"

"Trust me baby. Would I lie to you?" Cherished cuddled herself between Eris and Lovely as Lovely rubbed up against Cherished for comfort.

"She's mad at me. Let her be. The angrier, the friskier."

Cherished laughed.

"My name is Cherished, I never got to properly introduce myself. I'm a second year." Cherished waited for Nightfall and Paros to extend a hoof, "oh don't be so shy." Cherished giggled and got up and gave a the boys a hug.

After Cherish sat down Nightfall began fishing for answers again. "What is it that you want to know exactly Nightfall? Be straight with me."

Suddenly the quiet pony sitting in the cafe spoke up to the elite ponies. Eris and Cherished starred him down. "Hm. A history buff." Eris waived Star Keeper over to get acquainted. "My parents must have really hated the Coltroians then hm?" Eris smiled. "Must have been earth ponies." The two laughed. "Don't. Some ponies are sensitive about things like that." "Oh em Cee, Lovely. You are SO naive. You're so lucky you and Eris and I to look out for you." Lovely shook her head in acceptance.

Eris noticed two more females enter the cafe and unicorn and a pegasus. "This seems like the perfect crowd Eris." Eris shook his head and stood up on his table. "Listen up everypony. There'll be a party in MY dorm tonight. Anypony who wants to enjoy their college years will be there!" "Ooou. I just love fresh meat. So sexy."

• Brohoof 3

Lovely gaped at Blade's strong reaction. "She hates me." Lovely's ears turned.

"Oh honey, no. She doesn't hate you. Some ponies are just a little sensitive about some things."

"Really Cherished?"

"Trust me baby. Would I lie to you?" Cherished cuddled herself between Eris and Lovely as Lovely rubbed up against Cherished for comfort.

"She's mad at me. Let her be. The angrier, the friskier."

Cherished laughed.

"My name is Cherished, I never got to properly introduce myself. I'm a second year." Cherished waited for Nightfall and Paros to extend a hoof, "oh don't be so shy." Cherished giggled and got up and gave a the boys a hug.

After Cherish sat down Nightfall began fishing for answers again. "What is it that you want to know exactly Nightfall? Be straight with me."

Suddenly the quiet pony sitting in the cafe spoke up to the elite ponies. Eris and Cherished starred him down. "Hm. A history buff." Eris waived Star Keeper over to get acquainted. "My parents must have really hated the Coltroians then hm?" Eris smiled. "Must have been earth ponies." The two laughed. "Don't. Some ponies are sensitive about things like that." "Oh em Cee, Lovely. You are SO naive. You're so lucky you and Eris and I to look out for you." Lovely shook her head in acceptance.

Eris noticed two more females enter the cafe and unicorn and a pegasus. "This seems like the perfect crowd Eris." Eris shook his head and stood up on his table. "Listen up everypony. There'll be a party in MY dorm tonight. Anypony who wants to enjoy their college years will be there!" "Ooou. I just love fresh meat. So sexy."

Nightfall hugged her back, a bit nervously and awkwardly. Eventually, Eris announced the party.

"I want to go, but I'm here for the academic things," Nightfall muttered to himself.

"Don't think I'd skip this at any time, Eris. You can count on me being there. And things like... I don't know, mares, friends... Almost like things I've never had."

He didn't mention his dead parents or his lack of funds.

• Brohoof 1

'Well, everything went better than expected. A joke or two, it's getting better. I like the signs coming from this. Wait, a party... what the hell is that? I've never been invited anywhere except outside (long story). I know, improvise! No, wait... I suck at improvisation.'

Star Keeper gave a nervous smile back at Eris, tying to avoid looking straight at the ground. He didn't know what he should say next. This was actual social interaction; a completely new field he had not yet discovered.

'Switch to default mode; I don't trust the auto pilot.' And so he didn't say anything. He just sat there avoiding peoples gaze and sipping away at his now cold Latte, hoping that they would simply move on to another topic.

• Brohoof 1

after hearing Eris' speech, he started to smile more

"give me a time and I'll be there"

Parso was tired of those childrens parties that used to be thrown all the time by a small pink pony in his hometown. he noticed an earthie trot past him and he leaned his head out to stare at her plot for a bit. when he brought his head back around, by the look Eris was giving him, Parso thought Eris noticed what he was doing

Edited by ParsoOfEquestria
  • Brohoof 1

Alora stared at Star Keeper with an akward expression before shaking her head in an understanding fashion and turning from the unusual character. Everything had moved so quickely since she had arived, and Saphira now stood absently beside her, flipping her hair. Alora looked around at the group for the firstime.

"I'll go I suppose," her voice was metallic, a haunting melody."Though don't expect me to do much without my sister present," it was odd for Alora to hear her own voice, for she rarely spoke.

Alora's tail snatched at the air around her, snapping at the momentary silence as she watched Saphira. They had known eachother for so long, and yet, they hardly new eachother.

"You mean Eris?" Saphira regarded the name with a scoff. "Why would you want HER to come?" She had never liked her much, many people believed she was more beautifull and she, herself, knew she was much more powerfull.

"Of course! I'll go get you some punch, but I can't promise you it isn't the blood of children!" She mocked Eris mercilessly, but she knew such a thing would never happen.She turned her head from the group dramatically, stomping her back hoof as she flipped ehr hair once more. She stuck an elaborate pose, staring up into the sky.

"Why can't you like Esme? At least SHE'S a royal. Bescides, alicorns are so much more glamorous than you.....dream creatures."

Alora released a soft growl from beneath her throat, flashing her retractable snake-like fangs. "Perhaps you would like to hold your tounge? Esme, herself, would call you out on your lies. Bescides, Eris is a god compared to you. It isn't HER fault she's a carnivore. We both....!"

Alora had been yelling, and she caught herself suddenly. She panted a bit, looking around nervousely before running off. Her sister wuld have embraced the truth, but Alora was ashamed of this fact. After all, it was only natural. Her sister was a syren, an element, THE bringer of death. And Alora was just the foce that called forth life.

ora ran she thought. She wasn't sad, but she was very worried. She had been run out of more towns than she would think of, and even lived within Everfree for the majority of her life.

"Hmph, disgusting meat-eater."

PS: Yeah, her sister's name is Eris aswell. Don't be confused, it's a different character.

Edited by Alora
  • Brohoof 2

'Awkward' seemed to spring to mind.

These upper class ponies and their 'Modern Day' issues continued to surprise him with each passing day. 'I don't think my presence is aiding the situation in anyway. Slip away, like a silent shadow.' Unfortunately he was not as ninja as he had first thought, and his attempted exit was allot louder than intended. 'Activate panic mode!'

"Sorry, I just... dropped something. Ah here it is. Never mind everypony. Ha ha ha ha..."

He sat back down quietly, not making another sound. 'I shall have to live in my dorm for the rest of my life. Aside from this there is a far more important issue... What will I wear to the "Party"?'

Edited by The-Master
  • Brohoof 1

Vinyl stormed up to her room. She was so pissed, she didn't even hear about the party. When she got to her room, she buried her head into her pillow and screamed. 'Great! I'm going to be bunking with somepony whose friends hate earth ponies.' She took out a small baggie of weed and some rolling paper and considered having herself a smoke. She decided against it and put it under her mattress. Several old pictures lie on her dresser. They were of her parents, her sister, and herself on the night of the incident. It was Vinyl Scratch's birthday dinner. It was the same night her parents were taken away from her forever. After that night, she vowed that she would exact revenge, but she knew the ponies responsible were probably long gone.

• Brohoof 2

After his short and slightly awkward conversation with his new roommate, Ice Beam headed to the cafe where everypony else seemed to be headed. When he got there, lots of ponies seemed to be engaged in conversation, but Ice Beam wasn't the kind of pony who liked to just butt into the conversations of ponies he doesn't know. Therefore, he simply ordered his coffee at the cafe and sat at an empty table, feeling somewhat all alone. Edited by Wolfie Dash
  • Brohoof 2

It had been quite some time before Alora stopped. She looked back towards the Cafe and lowered her ears akwardly. She was having very odd day, and this in itself was enough to throw her off her guard. Henceforth, she sat there and waited. Staring up at the sky silently, she thought deeply. She analyzed her situation thouroughly and stood. She thrust her head into the air of the weakening day. And Sang. As she sang, a soft tear rolled out of her eye and she smiled, hoping nobody would hear her voice. A soft line of aura swirled forth from the tip of her horn and wrapped itself around her hooves and lifted her above. She stopped abruptedly to check for anyone who might have heard her. A sudden resolve washed over her bein and she seemed to have completely changed as she made her way back towards the Cafe. The darkening sky above cast an eerie pressance.

She landed before the cafe and walked in, using her magic to open the door and allow herself enterance. She took her place directly, sitting gracefully beside the newly arived pony. She gave Saphira a hard-stone glare before lifting her head high.

The incident had shaken Saphira, but she wouldn't dare let is show. She knew that when Alora came back she would have made up her mind completely and this fact may have dire conciquenced. She smiled sheepishly at alora, who regarded her with a stern glare. This was a good sign. Saphira lifted her head and made yet another gracefull pose in recognition of the group, walking directly into the center and making her way bescide Alora. It was best to keep her happy, she knew. This was simply because Alora and Elis were appart of the same whole. It was rarely that they fought, but they never fought against eachother and Saphira revered them as a force to be reconed with. Saphira bat her eyes at the nearest male and leaned forward in her seat over the table. She rubbed up against Alora for a second aswell, but she knew she had no chance there.

"Back," was all that Alora uttered. This was refreshing for Saphira, however, who knew she was in a much more appealing mood when she spoke less.

• Brohoof 2

Now was probably the time to make his move. Star Keeper managed to leave the table, off to deal with much more important matters concerning what formal artier he would wear to the social gathering (in other words, he needs an outfit for the party). Star keeper had his fun listening to these ponies having their little conversation, but he refused to be made a fool of again.

'So, I think I have a firm understanding as to where you stand on the social ladder. Hopefully this party will make up for some of today's blunders.' He continued to walk away from the Cafe, tossing away the empty Latte cup, and made his way back to the dorm. Well, that was the plan, but he was caught off guard when he heard a strange sound echoing down the halls...

It was... singing. Sweet and soft, but tinged with sadness. Star Keeper pressed himself against the wall and peered around the corner. Sitting there in a lonely fashion was the pony he had seen earlier at the cafe. It was strange to see her so sad, hitting some chords that had not been strung before. He simply listened in more, taking in every last lyric and note.

Then it stopped. Star Keeper peered around to see why, but quickly recoiled when he saw her flee back to the Cafe. He was left a bit awestruck for a moment. She seemed to be undergoing allot of emotional conflict at the present moment. To bad he was terrible with anything vaguely concerning feelings. The whole experience with Twilight had left him scarred. There was always the knowledge that there was nothing he could do to help, and he would always be a side runner in the end.

Edited by The-Master
  • Brohoof 1