Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Horrifying Implications Of The MLP Universe (cannon)

Circadian

1. Tartarus is a Place

In mythology, Tartarus is an abyss used as a dungeon of torment and suffering that resides beneath the underworld. It's basically hell.

It is also where the Titans are imprisoned. :blink: I hope they do something with Titans!

2. They EAT Pigs

I’m sure you’ve been told that they just “give them a place to stay”. False.

Don’t believe me? Here is proof:

post-9453-0-56770700-1353209336.png

From S1:22, that is a ham sandwich on the table folks. What. The. Buck.

Okay, now it's your turn. :)

post-9453-0-56770700-1353209336.png

• Brohoof 2

I am not one to treat Equestria as if it is a carefully constructed fantasy world built to every last detail but instead started from a fuzzy idea just for people to add more and more ideas on to it.

Tartarus? Who says it's the exact same tartarus from Greek myths?

Ham sanwiches? Not any more true than cyclops ponies.

Posted Image

View on Derpibooru - Original source

• Brohoof 2

I am not one to treat Equestria as if it is a carefully constructed fantasy world built to every last detail but instead started from a fuzzy idea just for people to add more and more ideas on to it.

Tartarus? Who says it's the exact same tartarus from Greek myths?

Posted Image

View on Derpibooru - Original source

funny thing is, that facial glitch has happened a lot XD. But I think the real question isn't ham sandviches... But since cider is commonly hard in most countries... is their cider a beverage?

Tartarus is a place in Equestria, though remote, and Cerberus got out so it is in the same realm. Also that ham sandwich isn't ham at all.

And these aren't eggs?

Posted Image

It's a cartoon. That should not be forgotten. Ponies can do whatever the heck they want. As Willie said in Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom: "Anything goes!"

• Brohoof 1

And these aren't eggs?

Posted Image

It's a cartoon. That should not be forgotten. Ponies can do whatever the heck they want. As Willie said in Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom: "Anything goes!"

To be fair I actually don't find eggs to be that big of a deal for ponys to eat, atleast not as much as meat.

Still I guess it is a cartoon. And for all who knows maybe its some magical red vegetable sandwitch

i dont think the food choices are too outrageous. think about it, ponies that speak english, have human features, and live in a well organized neighborhood like humans do. its all ment to connect the viewer to the show so you will relate to it easier. they even try to connect the viewer to individual characters by giving them human conditions, such as Pinkies borderline personality disorder.

Ah, but you seem to be forgetting something. Cyclops ponies are the product of someone forgetting to add eyes, while somebody actually went to the trouble of creating a ham sandwich for that scene.

And these aren't eggs?

I'm okay with them eating eggs though, as they're almost certainly unfertilized. That's why I'm okay with eating eggs. (I'm octo-lava vegetarian)

Also, how else are they supposed to bake delightfully delicious confections and pastries without eggs? :)

• Brohoof 1

To be fair I actually don't find eggs to be that big of a deal for ponys to eat, atleast not as much as meat.

Still I guess it is a cartoon. And for all who knows maybe its some magical red vegetable sandwitch

It's all arbitrary and in the eye of the beholder.

You bring up a fair idea, which is it can be what you want to interpret it to be, specifically pertaining to the sandwich. Personally, they can be a vegetarian one episode, then an omnivore the second. I don't care, as it is not central to the storyline.

By the way, I found this 'cute" little scene when looking up MLP +Meat. Look if you don't need to sleep tonight. ;)

Posted Image

Edited by Party Cannon
  • Brohoof 1

Well, a bunch of Pinkie Pies just got freaking banished forever. That sorta sucks. A lot. Trapped, forever and always. No escape. Well, until you die... <3 MLP

Hey, don't feel bad. Those Pinkies were only philosophical zombies.

"A philosophical zombie or p-zombie in the philosophy of mind and perception is a hypothetical being that is indistinguishable from a normal pony except in that it lacks conscious experience, qualia, or sentience."

Well, we don't know for certain that it is in fact ham on that sandwich. It could just be a vegetable product that happens to look pink. Unless you actually ate it, you couldn't know for certain.

The scariest thing about FiM is that it seems acceptable to kill villains, or to trap them in stone, apparently still conscious.

Edited by Full Spectrum
  • Brohoof 3

"A philosophical zombie or p-zombie in the philosophy of mind and perception is a hypothetical being that is indistinguishable from a normal pony except in that it lacks conscious experience, qualia, or sentience."

But still.

PONIES.

TRAPPED.

HNNNG.

Also, Discord must have had his bones aching due to being a statue for a hella long time, which is awful, being encased in stone without being able to die from it and couldn't move n' stuff...

HARSH STUFF MATES.

Also, GAK is ponies liquefied

By the way, I found this 'cute" little scene when looking up MLP +Meat. Look if you don't need to sleep tonight. ;)

Shit thanks for reminding me just how damn desensitized I am. :)

The scariest thing about FiM is that it seems acceptable to kill villains, or to trap them in stone, apparently still conscious.

Nobody actually killed Sombra. If anything it's his own fault for getting so close to the Crystal Heart. As for Discord, the dude is immortal. 1000 years would be no time at all to him.

I still think it's outrageous that Luna was trapped in the moon for 1000 years. I hope she wasn't conscious for all of that. How can anything stay sane after 1 year of absolutely nothing, let alone 1000!

Posted Image

Ah, but you seem to be forgetting something. Cyclops ponies are the product of someone forgetting to add eyes, while somebody actually went to the trouble of creating a ham sandwich for that scene.

Okay then.

We can either assume that an animator forgot that we were dealing with vegetarians, or we can assume that ponies actually eat meat. Which is more likely?

We can either assume that an animator forgot that we were dealing with vegetarians, or we can assume that ponies actually eat meat. Which is more likely?

You're letting me choose which option is more likely? Sweet. I pick that ponies actually eat meat, and the animators of MLP never make any mistakes ever.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJDqrmoSXe4

Tell that to the poor clones now banished to some pocket dimension.

Posted Image

Every single one of them, begging to return and be with what they perceive to be their friends.

Every single one of them, begging to return and be with what they perceive to be their friends.

That's the thing though. As a philosophical zombie, they don't perceive at all. To me, feeling bad for them is like feeling bad for your reflection because you moved away from the mirror.

Edited by Circadian Rhythms
  • Brohoof 1

That's the thing though. As a philosophical zombie, they don't perceive at all. To me, feeling bad for them is like feeling bad for your reflection because you moved away from the mirror.

Are they referred to as such in the episode? (I haven't watched it yet but Tumblr kinda spoiled the jist of it for me.) Or are you just looking for a decent justification?

That is sad, though. Your reflection becomes non-existent. That's pretty sad. :( I find things with no emotions sad because it's as if they aren't treated with value just because it couldn't tell if it was or not.

Which is pretty sad.

Well, the first clone actually emoted and ended up crying because she "didn't do anything fun at all!", so I'm not sure that one should discount them as not perceiving or not having emotions. I still don't think it's a problem because I think they stopped perceiving when sent back to the Pool. I'm reasonably certain they dispersed back into the magic that created them. Heck, they may even be happier that way. Although, the philosopher in me is worried by the implication that it's okay to destroy something just because you created it. Edited by Full Spectrum

Although, the philosopher in me is worried by the implication that it's okay to destroy something just because you created it.

Creator Spectrum, does this unit have a soul?

I'm not sure that one should discount them as not perceiving or not having emotions.

"When a p-zombie is poked with a sharp object, for example, it does not feel any pain though it behaves exactly as if it does feel pain (it may say "ouch" and recoil from the stimulus, or tell us that it is in intense pain)."

• Brohoof 1

Creator Spectrum, does this unit have a soul?

I'm not quite sure what you're referencing here, but it's amusing.

"When a p-zombie is poked with a sharp object, for example, it does not feel any pain though it behaves exactly as if it does feel pain (it may say "ouch" and recoil from the stimulus, or tell us that it is in intense pain)."

That's a little paradoxical, isn't it? Under that logic, how do you know that everyone you've ever met in your life isn't one of these p-zombies, let alone the duplicates in the episode?