Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

iPod enabled site

Crystal Skull

Mobile support is definitely something I don't want to neglect, considering how ubiquitous our beloved battery-powered touchscreens are. I've thrown some thought at the idea of building a native mobile app; however, that would be a hugely time-consuming task that I don't have the time for right now.

As much as I would love to work on mobile support in general, my main priority remains getting the desktop version of the site into a fully functional state. Some mobile devices may work just fine with the desktop site; for audio playback, they just need to support either Flash Player or the MP3 codec in HTML5. For the Wii U's sake, I'm considering adding AAC support.

As for uploads... frankly, that is a very much browser-dependent feature. I'm not sure if implementing uploads from the iOS version of Garageband is even possible with iOS's security model. I'll need to investigate that further, but mobile devices were never really designed for full-featured content creation as far as I see.

Like Feld0 said, mobile support would be great, but it's good to keep in mind that this is a single person who's not even done making the website yet.

There's a lot of work involved in creating a mobile version of a website that would work well. Often you're re-designing everything and having to tweak or adjust things to get little bits and pieces working.

I don't know about you guys, but I'd rather see the focus go on Pony.FM getting out of Alpha and/or maybe even Beta before a mobile version is focused on.

Well, before it went live I could reach the site with my iOS device but now safari can't even find the page. It is possible that my iPod touch 4 is just too weak to reach the site.

Hmm... Pony.fm works on my old iPhone 3G. Please submit a bug report on this. :)

It's fine now. Just my ipod being a bit glitchy. But it seems there is no way to direct upload from iOS GarageBand so I'm gonna have to go and upload it to my computer and with a file like that its gonna take about 2 days -_- just gonna have to go with it.