Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Cutie Marks & Tramp Stamps.. Whats the Diffrenace?

MadDoggyca

Easy question.

A cutie mark is a permanent  mark of a image on the rear end

cutie_mark_crusaders__grown_up_by_darthg

A Tramp Stamp is tattoo of a image on the rear end.

l.jpg

ever since mlp be released.. Wayyyyyy back, Its been targeted for females from the age of 5+ . is that saying, its ok for girls to have a image on your rear end at such a young age?

Easy question.

A cutie mark is a permanent  mark of a image on the rear end

img-1011594-1-cutie_mark_crusaders__grow

A Tramp Stamp is tattoo of a image on the rear end.

img-1011594-2-l.jpg

ever since mlp be released.. Wayyyyyy back, Its been targeted for females from the age of 5+ . is that saying, its ok for girls to have a image on your rear end at such a young age?

The cutie marks as tramp stamps joke is actually pretty good (quite a lot of people have pointed out the similarity.)  But this is just a joke.  To say that cutie marks inspire small children to get tramp stamps is no more correct than saying that Lauren Faust sold her soul to the devil in return for show-making powers or that Derpy Hooves offends disabled people.

• Brohoof 2

The obvious difference is the intent, cutie marks seem to be more of a mark detailing a characters personality, special talent or both while a tramp stamp is usually for attention often sexual in nature. I don't think the concept of the cutie mark is intended to be sexual at all though.

• Brohoof 3

Well I didn't actually  say they should get one.. I was point out are they suggest they should get one.

The ep. were the one of the cutie mark crusaders is so bent on getting a mark, makes this seem more funnier then it should be

off topic though I happen to have 2 of them.lol

Edited by MadDoggyca

Cutie Marks won't get you invited into Motlê Crüe's cocaine parties.

They're also on the hip, not across the lower back. That's about it I guess.

Edited by Jammo

The cutie marks as tramp stamps joke is actually pretty good (quite a lot of people have pointed out the similarity.)  But this is just a joke.  To say that cutie marks inspire small children to get tramp stamps is no more correct than saying that Lauren Faust sold her soul to the devil in return for show-making powers or that Derpy Hooves offends disabled people.

I agree wholeheartedly. The coincidence that the cutie mark location can be analogous to the location of a tramp stamp shouldn't lead to saying that Faust had ulterior motives for it. I mean, I call them tramp stamps sometimes as a joke too, but just as a joke, and only because it's adorable sometimes. 

Plus, both kind of marks are there for different reasons. A cutie mark is a representation of somepony's special talent or passion that helps define who they are, and they only receive their mark at a certain point in their life when the realization of said talent occurs. Kind of like a coming of age thing, but for ponies. 

Back in the 80's or so, when tramp stamps were popular, they were simply tattoos that girls wanted to get, and the designated place was above the butt. The meaning of it was eventually construed to mean promiscuity for whatever reason. 

The purposes of the two are different, so I wouldn't say that there really is similarity other than the fact that they are both close to the butt.

So to answer the original question to the thread, it's not okay for young girls to get a tramp stamp and use My Little Pony: FiM cutie marks as justification for it.  Should they get one for the sole reason of wanting one, well...there's nothing I can say about that...it's what they want. 

Edited by LunaEclipse
  • Brohoof 1

Truth be told the cutie mark is a thigh tattoo if we are going to be exact. Now yes we all know the cutie mark is for their special talent and i know lots of people with tattoos from the military, police, medical, and every walk of life that has a story about something they are proud of. What I'm getting at is the cutie mark/tattoo is a representation of what you like and stand for

Not only is the location different (a cutie mark would be on the upper thigh/hip on a human, a "tramp stamp" would be above the tail on the lower back of a pony), the intent is different, as is the application.

A cutie mark happens, naturally, when a pony has found her special talent.  It is also not only accepted, but expected, as something that just happens.  It's more like puberty than a tattoo.  A tattoo is something you pay to have put on you, that can, but not always, represent some aspect of who you are.  It may or may not be publically accepted, depending. 

Personally, I've always hated the term "tramp stamp", because of the implication that any female with a lower back tattoo is a whore.  I honestly think it's a lovely place to put a tattoo, but feel I can't get one there because of the public perception of it.  I HIGHLY doubt that any little girl watching MLP is going to go "welp, better go get a low back tattoo and start being a slut."  It's much more likely that they will see, and identify with, others struggling with wanting to grow up faster, which is a common feeling.