The Ponyodic Table Of Elements

H.P. Lance

Well, with my Chemistry exams at University coming up, I sighed and resigned myself to doing revision. Then I sort of got sidetracked...

I looked at my Periodic Table, with all its elements, then remembered the Elements Of Harmony. Suddenly this crazy idea formed in my head, and the result was a strange expansion of the show's canon elements based on the chemical symbols present in the real Periodic Table.

Here, have a look at the manifestation of my weird brain...

post-9563-0-01203600-1357078081_thumb.png

Just to clarify my intentions, the symbol 'H' means 'Hydrogen' in Chemistry - but I changed it to mean 'Harmony' in the world of ponies. The symbols are exactly the same as they are in the real world, but all of the words are different. (The transition elements will come in a moment.)

*'Kraft' is the German word for 'energy' or 'power'.

Just as the Periodic Table has groups (they're the columns going down), I have also done my best to organise these 'elements' into groups. See the number above each column? That's the group number, and the meaning of each group is explained below:

Group 1 contains the elements of wildlife and nature, while Group 2 gives the elements explaining the general traits of the unicorn species.

Group 3 consists of the elements which are necessary to live in the perfect society (which Equestria near enough is anyway), whereas Group 4 is my take on the typical Pegasus pony.

Group 5 offers just a few of the many attributes one must have to be an intelligent, happy and reasonable being - not forgetting the Earth Ponies, Group 6 covers the elements which generally apply to ponies such as Applejack (or any Earth Pony).

Group 7 is the bad egg, being Discord's personal set of elements that cause strife and destruction, and finally Group 8 tries to lay out the elements of the Alicorns. (Yeah, attempting to work with 'Xe' ended in figurative tears.)

Due to issues of space, I had to do the transition elements separately, but here they are. I wanted to do Mane 6-specific elements, so I split the three rows of ten elements into six sets of five, one set for each of the Mane 6. (Applejack ended up being the only one who I could feasibly give her actual canon element  :huh: )

post-9563-0-99675000-1357078105_thumb.png

**Yes, 'Zr' is 'Fashion'. Seriously, there was nothing I could do with Zirconium, unless Rarity randomly got the 'Element of Zero'. 

By the way, I own none of the pictures used.

It's not hand-drawn because my drawing skills are terrible, but anyway, what do you guys think? Is there a different word that you would have used for some elements? Which groups would you change? Have I gone insane? I'd love to hear your opinions on this!

Oh, and one more thing - Happy New Year everypony!

• Brohoof 14

Dammit. Now I need to re-memorize the whole thing. :/ That's going to be a pain, considering how I only barely remember how the regular one goes.

• Brohoof 1

leafeon.gif

Eeveelutions:

@Vaporeon: N-Harmonia        : Ampharos      @Flareon: Descant/Bard

@Espeon:  Locked        @Umbreon: Lhee        @Leafeon:   Firebolt        @Glaceon: Mal        @Sylveon: Don'tDropThatDedenne

Dammit. Now I need to re-memorize the whole thing. :/ That's going to be a pain, considering how I only barely remember how the regular one goes.

I know, memorising the original periodic table is frustrating, isn't it? We don't actually need to, seeing as the thing is always on hand somewhere, but it's a matter of personal pride to not have to reference to it. (It saves time, too.  :lol: )

And if you manage to memorise my table here, you deserve the respect of every brony in the world!  :P

• Brohoof 1

This is wonderful XD I wonder if this could somehow be used to memorize the actual table of elements?... Probably not would just end up confused Xd.(maybe it could work. Who knows.)

I like it much better then the regular table of elements. However this also reminds me how I'm going to have to eventually do this in school, and how I feel like I'm going to hate it with all my being...

To be fair I don't think I can memorize this one either :P. But anyways enough of my complaining.

Its pretty awesome, except for some of the words are a bit strange, I know its hard to work with some, but some of them are pretty strange :P.

Also Z is pretty much impossible to work with seeing as theres not really many words to work with that start with Z :P.

• Brohoof 1

Ru8aWjK.png

Thanks to Gone Airbourne for the awesome sig!

My Oc's,

Ponysona, Bella

Ahahaha! Love the Discord elements! That's really funny. But, dang, now I have to memorize it all over again! Noooooooo! XD Well, at least I'll have fun memorizing this one!

• Brohoof 1

MySignature_zpse6929ef3.png

Signature made by- Kyoshi

Make sense? Oh, what fun is there in making sense? -Discord

I'm So Excited! I'M SO EXCITED! I'm so scared. -Rarity & Spike

This is wonderful XD I wonder if this could somehow be used to memorize the actual table of elements?... Probably not would just end up confused Xd

You know, it helps me remember the order of the symbols, at least. Then the actual name of that element comes naturally, so in a way it does help me!

Its pretty awesome, except for some of the words are a bit strange, I know its hard to work with some, but some of them are pretty strange

You can say that again...I had to resort to some pretty awful words on occasions. But I did my best, and I'm quite happy with the result. Thanks for the praise!  :)