Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Mane Six Gushing Thread

~Lawful Sturdy Wing~

Well everypony, we have almost made it through three complete seasons with each season being better and better than the last. But lets not forget or ignore what we all secretly (or not so secretly) Love to do, in this thread we will all, free from judgement, gush over our favorites of the Mane Six, just like we did in S1... 

I will go first, How freaking incredible was Rainbow Dash in Crystal Empire? She is always on the ball with everything they do, the first to respond to a threat or take off fast as the wind to scout or search for something. It never stops giving me chills and I love her to pieces. 

• Brohoof 6

ima gona have to agree with you there! she is the best pony in all the land and the best flyer. the way she handled herself at the wonderbolts academy was awesome and sent a great message. if you feel something is wrong in your heart, take a stand no matter how bad it hurts to do so and she did it with class.

• Brohoof 3

ima gona have to agree with you there! she is the best pony in all the land and the best flyer. the way she handled herself at the wonderbolts academy was awesome and sent a great message. if you feel something is wrong in your heart, take a stand no matter how bad it hurts to do so and she did it with class.

Thank you! Everypony goes around calling her selfish and rude, but when push comes to shove she has the best interests of all around her at heart. Dashie forever :)

• Brohoof 4

Dash displaying her soft side in Sleepless in Ponyville made me squee. Hugging Scoots was adorable, and I can't wait to see them being cute in the future.

• Brohoof 4

Hugging Scoots was adorable, and I can't wait to see them being cute in the future.

i also let out a *squee* and shed a man tear, also seeing  princess luna doing something nice was a bonus for me because outside the mane 6 she has become my favorite. in fact im thinking of naming my mustang via vanity plate either "blkdash" or "luna". to bad they wont let me put 8 letters on there "lunadash" would look sweet!

• Brohoof 3

Dash displaying her soft side in Sleepless in Ponyville made me squee. Hugging Scoots was adorable, and I can't wait to see them being cute in the future.

Omigosh yes, I hope they decide to continue that relationship further because Rainbow Dash returning the infinite affection of the (and lets not undersell it here) adorable and wonderful Scoot, made me tear up as absolutely embarrassing as that is

Also 4:00 am may not have been the best time to make this thread

• Brohoof 1

I think I like Rainbow Dash best when she's doing her "ohmygoshohmygoshohmygosh" routine. So dorky, so cute. XD

Speaking of Sleepless in Ponyville, the part at the end with the little race made me squee, and not just Dash! I looooved how Rarity was walking, then giggling and trotting, then broke out into a run. I guess I just love when cool/demure characters act silly. XD

• Brohoof 4

Pssh, thread needs some Rarity love. Speaking of the first two-parter of the season, did you see (to paraphrase a certain pegasus) Rarity's slick moves out there? She was totally awesome, wigging out over the CPs and then totally making three pieces of grass and a drinking straw into an awesome hat, then making up awesome distractions and misdirections totally on the fly. If it hadn't been for Applejack's bluntness, she would have kept the ponies from finding out about the fake Crystal Heart. Did I mention she was awesome? Rarity, Rarity, Rarity, Rarity,... garble... flarble...awesome...

• Brohoof 2

I think I like Rainbow Dash best when she's doing her "ohmygoshohmygoshohmygosh" routine. So dorky, so cute. XD Speaking of Sleepless in Ponyville, the part at the end with the little race made me squee, and not just Dash! I looooved how Rarity was walking, then giggling and trotting, then broke out into a run. I guess I just love when cool/demure characters act silly. XD

I had forgotten that XD I don't usually like Rarity but I really loved that little scene, showing her finally bonding with Sweetie Bell and letting loose? My only question was... where did she put her luggage? XD 

Though Dash was right, how could they have possible beat them?

Pssh, thread needs some Rarity love. Speaking of the first two-parter of the season, did you see (to paraphrase a certain pegasus) Rarity's slick moves out there? She was totally awesome, wigging out over the CPs and then totally making three pieces of grass and a drinking straw into an awesome hat, then making up awesome distractions and misdirections totally on the fly. If it hadn't been for Applejack's bluntness, she would have kept the ponies from finding out about the fake Crystal Heart. Did I mention she was awesome? Rarity, Rarity, Rarity, Rarity,... garble... flarble...awesome...

Are you kidding me? Sure Rarity was ok... But did you see Dashie joust? she absolutely crushed fluttershy :D Though that was a pretty awesome hat :3

I don't usually like Rarity but I really loved that little scene, showing her finally bonding with Sweetie Bell and letting loose?

omg Rarity cover in mud! i never though i would see the day, and rocking the opstical course like a pro! what was not to love about that! i loved the sister sister bonding too, i just wish me and my big bro were like that when we were younger........ :(

ok end on happy note!

look what i found for my mustang!

post-10531-0-81836300-1357549415.jpg

Are you kidding me? Sure Rarity was ok... But did you see Dashie joust? she absolutely crushed fluttershy :D Though that was a pretty awesome hat :3

Ha ha ha...! No. If you want to focus on RD, that's okay, I was young and foolish, once, too. ;) But really, does beating up Fluttershy, El Meeko, make one great? Anyway, we don't have to be at odds, right? This is a Mane 6 gushing thread, not an RD gushing thread, riiiight? So gushing over any one of them is okay. :D

• Brohoof 1

Once again Rainbow Dash has proven why she is best pony. She is really showing her heart in Season 3, first by taking Scootaloo under her wing, and then by standing up to Spitfire and Lightning Dust at the Wonderbolts Academy. Not to mention that she looked so badass in the Wonderbolts trainee jumpsuit! :D

Dash blast - I think I can speak for everyone on this forum that we demand pics of your Mustang GT RD when it is done. ;)

Not necessarily "gushing," and not necessarily Mane 6, but still a moment of squee. Did anyone else find it really cute when Babs Seed said "fuhget about it!" in her eastern accent during Apple Family Reunion? I really like where she is going as a character. She went from being a bully to an upstanding crusader. Here's to the Manehattan branch of the CMC!!

Edited by StratoPegasus
  • Brohoof 2

Ha ha ha...! No. If you want to focus on RD, that's okay, I was young and foolish, once, too. ;) But really, does beating up Fluttershy, El Meeko, make one great? Anyway, we don't have to be at odds, right? This is a Mane 6 gushing thread, not an RD gushing thread, riiiight? So gushing over any one of them is okay. :D

Oh please, can you honestly tell me that you went from Rainbow Dash to Rarity? ;P How did that change take place. Though I do like Rarity unlike many people XD Also I would like to see you joust against fluttershy and see how you do, she kills freaking bears you know?

omg Rarity cover in mud! i never though i would see the day, and rocking the opstical course like a pro! what was not to love about that! i loved the sister sister bonding too, i just wish me and my big bro were like that when we were younger........ :(

ok end on happy note!

look what i found for my mustang!

Rarity was freaking incredible in that episode! Though I was honestly confused at how she did so well in the course ;P but I guess it's just unicorn magic :P

• Brohoof 1

THE TWILEY HAS ARRIVED. ^_^

1. In Crystal Empire, when she says 'A library? Why didn't you say so?', and 'You do. You reeeally do...', isn't she FREAKING ADORABLE!??!?!?!

2.I personally think of all the fillies in Cutie Mark Chronicles, she was cutest. The way she goes 'YESYESYESYES' is SO CUTE I just want to huggle her! :squee:

*pauses awkwardly*

*clears throat and switches back to deep, manly voice*

Ahem. Yes.

anyway...I'm just going to say this: inb4 'best pony' war

Still, imo Twi is best Mane 6 pony :3

• Brohoof 2

Well... There's this ONE pony I kind of like.

Her name is Pinkeh Pie, and I don't know about you, but I really like her. We have a lot in common, and she's very nice, funny, adorable, smart, and has an amazing voice. She's fun to be around, and really optimistic.

She's always adorable, but she's ESPECIALLY adorable when she eats, and when her eyes dilate when she talks, and when she talks really really fast, and when she bounces around, and when she snort-laughs<3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-0CNPoNBRQY

• Brohoof 2

Once again Rainbow Dash has proven why she is best pony. She is really showing her heart in Season 3, first by taking Scootaloo under her wing, and then by standing up to Spitfire and Lightning Dust at the Wonderbolts Academy. Not to mention that she looked so badass in the Wonderbolts trainee jumpsuit! :D

Not necessarily "gushing," and not necessarily Mane 6, but still a moment of squee. Did anyone else find it really cute when Babs Seed said "fuhget about it!" in her eastern accent during Apple Family Reunion? I really like where she is going as a character. She went from being a bully to an upstanding crusader. Here's to the Manehattan branch of the CMC!!

Oh please that is completely gush worthy! Babs is beyond adorable, my second favorite of the CMC next to Scootaloo. I really hope we get a CMC episode where they go to Manehattan and meet the other branch,

THE TWILEY HAS ARRIVED. ^_^

1. In Crystal Empire, when she says 'A library? Why didn't you say so?', and 'You do. You reeeally do...', isn't she FREAKING ADORABLE!??!?!?!

2.I personally think of all the fillies in Cutie Mark Chronicles, she was cutest. The way she goes 'YESYESYESYES' is SO CUTE I just want to huggle her! :squee:

*pauses awkwardly*

*clears throat and switches back to deep, manly voice*

Ahem. Yes.

anyway...I'm just going to say this: inb4 'best pony' war

Still, imo Twi is best Mane 6 pony :3

/picks up torch

I freaking loved when in the Crystal Empire, twilight is talking to Shining Armor and has that lightbulb moment as says "Oh this is my test, a research paper, I love research papers" She is so freaking smart and so dumb at the same time XD 

• Brohoof 1

Oh please, can you honestly tell me that you went from Rainbow Dash to Rarity? ;P How did that change take place. Though I do like Rarity unlike many people XD Also I would like to see you joust against fluttershy and see how you do, she kills freaking bears you know?

Rarity was freaking incredible in that episode! Though I was honestly confused at how she did so well in the course ;P but I guess it's just unicorn magic :P

Yeah, okay, you got me. I never did really connect with Rainbow Dash. In fact, the only one I connected with less is Fluttershy. (I really do wonder why the pegasii leave me unmoved, even though if I had a choice I would choose them over the other three types.)

2. Fluttershy does not KILL bears, she gives them chiropracty-stuff.

As I said, pitting RD against Fluttershy does not make RD any better when she wins. Pitting RD against Applejack and having her come out tops does. (It has happened.)

3. Rarity did not use magic even once in her race with Sweetie Belle. Her horn never glowed once. I demand you take back that scandalous piece of libel! ;) I'm joking. But, no, really, take it back...

Edited by Full Spectrum

I had forgotten that XD I don't usually like Rarity but I really loved that little scene, showing her finally bonding with Sweetie Bell and letting loose? My only question was... where did she put her luggage? XD 

Though Dash was right, how could they have possible beat them?

Rarity made a hat out of three pieces of hay and a drinking straw.  She's the fricking MacGyver of hat making. 

Yeah, Rainbow Dash destroyed Fluttershy in the joust.  But come on, my six year old niece can destroy Fluttershy in the joust. 

• Brohoof 2

Yeah, okay, you got me. I never did really connect with Rainbow Dash. In fact, the only one I connected with less is Fluttershy. (I really do wonder why the pegasii leave me unmoved, even though if I had a choice I would choose them over the other three types.)

2. Fluttershy does not KILL bears, she gives them chiropracty-stuff.

As I said, pitting RD against Fluttershy does not make RD any better when she wins. Pitting RD against Applejack and having her come out tops does. (It has happened.)

3. Rarity did not use magic even once in her race with Sweetie Belle. Her horn never glowed once. I demand you take back that scandalous piece of libel! ;) I'm joking.

OF COURSE HER HORN DIDN'T GLOW XD it was covered in both mud and a hat, we rarely see Trixies horn glow, hmmm? I say cheating was involved :3 

And fluttershy could kill bears, if she really wanted too.

OF COURSE HER HORN DIDN'T GLOW XD it was covered in both mud and a hat, we rarely see Trixies horn glow, hmmm? I say cheating was involved :3 

And fluttershy could kill bears, if she really wanted too.

Pssh, you got nothing, man. Nothing at all. And Trixie's horn glows almost every time she uses magic, as does most unicorn or alicorn characters. If they ever don't, it's pretty much an animation error.

Rarity made a hat out of three pieces of hay and a drinking straw.  She's the fricking MacGyver of hat making. 

BEST. COMMENT. EVER :D I am going to use what you just typed in conversation some time XD That was funny :3 But I mean, the pony seemed to love the hat, so it worked

• Brohoof 2

Ha ha, everyone's pretty much only talking about Dashie. I'm sure someone will come along eventually though. I've gushed about her in pretty much every other thread, so I guess I might as well do it here.

I love the freedom that she embodies. She isn't quite tame or predictable, and won't ever be really. Rainbow has her own way of looking at life, and while she may have a brash attitude, underneath it she truly wants the best for her friends and is willing to go to great lengths to help them. She is a being motivated by hope, impulse and love of friends. As I've said before, we won't ever be able to fully understand her, but we do get to enjoy the journey wherever she'll take us and that's a pretty special consolation prize if I say so myself :)

• Brohoof 3

TBH Babs Seed bugged the heck outta me at first. Her accent seems really forced to me, and I don't particularly care for her color scheme... But the face she made in the group scene after she got inducted to the CMC, and her way of scaring off Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon? Totally won me over. XD

Twilight's "reverse gravity, make slide" technique in The Crystal Empire was pretty dang clever, and I think it solidified her smartness to me. You can tell an audience a character is smart, but it's only when you show it that it really sticks.

And it's not from season 3, but Pinkie Pie's dealing with the parasprites? Totally relatable to me to be so into your solution, you forget to explain it to the people around you. XD

Applejack has a greater presence this season than Fluttershy or Rarity but people still call her a background pony because she isn't cartoonish and noisy. Applejack is a great pony that doesn't need to be crazy to be cute. Friends need an anchor to clue them into how things really work in the world. To be the sane one with traditional wisdom. She's not boring. She's subtle and caring.

• Brohoof 4

We don't have any Applejack fans online I guess XD It's pretty much a toss up between Rarity and Rainbow Dash. I can't really gush over anyone else sadly. Except maybe Pinkie Pie... Her physics defying cannonball in "too many Pinkie Pies" was quite possibly the greatest thing ever :D 

Applejack has a greater presence this season than Fluttershy or Rarity but people still call her a background pony because she isn't cartoonish and noisy. Applejack is a great pony that doesn't need to be crazy to be cute. Friends need an anchor to clue them into how things really work in the world. To be the sane one with traditional wisdom. She's not boring. She's subtle and caring.

Not to mention Applejack's inspiring and honestly adorable relationship with applebloom. She treats her family so well, and cares so much for all of the ponies that being the element of honesty doesn't seem to do her justice

• Brohoof 1