Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Mane Six Gushing Thread

~Lawful Sturdy Wing~

I love Applejack. I love her color scheme, and I'm very fond of the "ponytail with the tie at the very end" look. Is it strange that my favorite moments of her involve her lying? Like when she was tricked by Discord (HER DISHONEST FACE OMG) or when she was trying to get Pinkie Pie to leave so they could prepare her surprise party. Soooo bad at lying. XD But other than those moments, I like her because I've always liked characters who can be both caring and snarky. XD (But I like all the ponies. XD)

• Brohoof 2

Applejack has a greater presence this season than Fluttershy or Rarity but people still call her a background pony because she isn't cartoonish and noisy. Applejack is a great pony that doesn't need to be crazy to be cute. Friends need an anchor to clue them into how things really work in the world. To be the sane one with traditional wisdom. She's not boring. She's subtle and caring.

I'd like to point out that you pretty much just listed all the reasons why Applejack is the least popular. She's sane, she's down-to-earth, she's subtle; because of these things she is rather forgettable to many people. Granted I do still like her.

I love Applejack. I love her color scheme, and I'm very fond of the "ponytail with the tie at the very end" look. Is it strange that my favorite moments of her involve her lying? Like when she was tricked by Discord (HER DISHONEST FACE OMG) or when she was trying to get Pinkie Pie to leave so they could prepare her surprise party. Soooo bad at lying. XD But other than those moments, I like her because I've always liked characters who can be both caring and snarky. XD (But I like all the ponies. XD)

Yeah AppleJack has gotten some much needed character development this season :) She is my second favorite of the mane 6. I wonder what her role in the new Discord episode will be :o

I'd like to point out that you pretty much just listed all the reasons why Applejack is the least popular. She's sane, she's down-to-earth, she's subtle; because of these things she is rather forgettable to many people. Granted I do still like her.

Forgettable? hardly! Twilight is sane and she is loved, so is Fluttershy... mostly. I wouldn't think that AJ is the least popular pony, I think her sanity helps ground the rest of the group though, especially Pinkie.

BEST. COMMENT. EVER :D I am going to use what you just typed in conversation some time XD That was funny :3 But I mean, the pony seemed to love the hat, so it worked

Thanks.  You know, I could just imagine it- whereas MacGyver could take a bunch of random objects and turn them into a bomb or weapon of some sort, Rarity would take those same objects and make them into some cool fashion accessory.  :lol: 

Rarity's really been creeping up on being possibly my favorite of the mane six.  It's certainly either her or Pinkie Pie.  I find her fascinating as a character.  She could have been a stock, one dimensional pony, but they did some interesting things with her.  I love the fact that she's generous, yet she's got a humongous ego- which seems like it would make no sense, but in Rarity's case it works because she wants only the best for herself, but not at the expense of others.  She wants to experience the finer things in life, but she also wants to share those experiences, and not just have them for herself- like making pimped out dresses for her friends in addition to her own pimped out dress. 

And I like the fact that though she's prissy and feminine, she can take care of herself in a tough situation, even using physical force if necessary, though she usually chooses not to.  She's independent and driven (which goes hand in hand with starting up and running a local retail business) and is by all appearances a self made mare.  I really like that about her. 

• Brohoof 4

Thanks.  You know, I could just imagine it- whereas MacGyver could take a bunch of random objects and turn them into a bomb or weapon of some sort, Rarity would take those same objects and make them into some cool fashion accessory.  :lol:

Rarity's really been creeping up on being possibly my favorite of the mane six.  It's certainly either her or Pinkie Pie.  I find her fascinating as a character.  She could have been a stock, one dimensional pony, but they did some interesting things with her.  I love the fact that she's generous, yet she's got a humongous ego- which seems like it would make no sense, but in Rarity's case it works because she wants only the best for herself, but not at the expense of others.  She wants to experience the finer things in life, but she also wants to share those experiences, and not just have them for herself- like making pimped out dresses for her friends in addition to her own pimped out dress. 

And I like the fact that though she's prissy and feminine, she can take care of herself in a tough situation, even using physical force if necessary, though she usually chooses not to.  She's independent and driven (which goes hand in hand with starting up and running a local retail business) and is by all appearances a self made mare.  I really like that about her. 

What never ceases to amaze me is Rarity's insane skill with magic, she easily surpasses twilight with levitation spells in regards to dexterity, and she doesn't even professionally train in magic.

Forgettable? hardly! Twilight is sane and she is loved, so is Fluttershy... mostly. I wouldn't think that AJ is the least popular pony, I think her sanity helps ground the rest of the group though, especially Pinkie.

Twilight is only sane most of the time, and anyway that wasn't really my point. AJ rarely does things that make her stand out, which makes sense for her character and she has a definite purpose in the show, but inevitably it means that she isn't going to have as many fans as other characters.

In truth, I like to not pick favorites so much, so I'll just give me two bits on any of them.

Twilight Sparkle- Well aside from her obvious total bookworm lifestyle, Twilight is someone we can all kind of see ourselves resembling. We've all had, or will have those moments where we just freak the heck out over nothing, become to fixated on some ideas rather than finding better solutions to things, etc. And a lot of the time, we'll learn from and laugh at it later. Overall, Twilight is just adorkable.

Pinkie Pie- Well, we know those freinds or other people in our lives who seem to be able to bring a smile to our faces, no matter what. Pinkie's character, while chaotic, is very admirable for her love for others.

Applejack- While she may still be maturing here and there, she's very strong-willed, and independent as we've seen. She is a true caretaker of others, and presents herself as a very sisterly character in almost every way.

Rainbow Dash- Well, the first two posts display what I'm trying to say well enough, though I should put it in my own words as well. Dash, she is undeniably cocky, overconfident at times, and a bit rude here and there, BUT, this all has come to show that she is still maturing, and from what we've seen, she's done well. Truly, she developed from someone who had every urge to put herself out there for no reason other than being admired, to someone who would be admired for humbling herself and doing the right thing in a tight situation with her dreams on the line. I think we can all learn something from Rainbow Dash.

Rarity- Well, while she is a very persistant, over-dramatic young mare....she also has at least one admirable trait, and that being, well, her generosity. Ironic, huh? In fairness, she slips up from time to time because she's a wee bit over dramatic about anything that isn't exactly pleasing to her, though, when she shows her generosity, she really SHOWS it. She will stand up for her morals and the right things.

Fluttershy- Kindness. She is kind. Though because she is so secluded from most people, she tends not to fit in well, another really relatable character. I know there are plenty of people out there who have experienced negative events in their past, or even on some occasions, positive events that cause people to feel incredible self-discomfort or self-comfort and they will seclude themselves from others.

I know this seems more like a review than anything, but I figured I would give everyone at least one reason to like each of the Mane 6. This is more interesting of a topic than I had originally thought, keep it up!

• Brohoof 2

We don't have any Applejack fans online I guess XD 

Ahem. 

Applejack was so much win everywhere in Apple Family Reunion! I loved the way that she figured out exactly what supplies Granny Smith wanted from her stories, and how she looked up at the shooting stars when Granny Smith said that not everypony could make the next one, and how excited she was about her plans! You could tell that she was trying so hard to make it awesome and was so hopeful and then she was best sister ever with Applebloom. And then that race she designed for the fillies! My theory is that she based it on her own personal abilities, i.e. Applejack is a badass. She felt so proud of her race she made. Adorkable.

The way she said "busy busy busy" was really sweet, and her fritter making was a further sign that Applejack is simply way too good at everything she does and nopony can catch up. I love how she concluded that she had to make a hay ride more exciting to make everyone enjoy it. That sonic batboom was awesome, I must admit.

Time for the true d'aww in the episode. Not baby Applejack, sad Applejack.  :(  She realizes that she ruined everything. Everything. It reminds me of Hurricane Fluttershy; she tried so hard, but failed. She made the day terrible for everyone who came, and made what might be some of their last memories of a reunion awful. 10 seconds flat, favorite AJ episode. But then the song comes on, everything's right, and OMG APPLEJACK HAS A SONG. Applejack rushes into the family picture all epic style, and writes her friendship report to Princess Celestia. A very good moral is delivered, one that I can relate to. I think she had to add that "your humble subject" thing after her last friendship report. Finally, the shooting stars again. As someone who already suspected that Applejack's parents were dead, it was absolutely sweet and... *searches vocabulary* D'aww. 

Imagine my surprise when I looked at the thread after the episode to find that people didn't like it.  :huh:

• Brohoof 2

Scootaloo/Rainbow Dash is the cutest freaking thing that has ever come from a fandom ever. I have literally never seen anything more 'Dawww worth or inspiring than the relationship between the two, and the obsession and idolization that Scoot holds for Dashie. God I just love the two so much! :D 

• Brohoof 1

While I stand by everything I've said in my earlier post and Rarity's likely my favorite now, I just thought I'd throw in a little Applejack love and say that if the ponies were real people, AJ is probably the first I'd gravitate towards as a friend.  She's honest and trustworthy, and outgoing without being boisterous.  She's not my #1, but certainly in my top 4 or 5 characters.

I still think Rarity's a better character, though. 

• Brohoof 1

This thread was badly needed. :wub: Let's get as far as we can before someone starts an argument.

I would like to defy everypony's expectations, and start by gushing over everything Pinkie has done this season! Her spy outfit ("night-visiony!"), the clones, the underground pool, the physics-defying dive, her adorable sadness, and missing Rainbow Dash.  I can't bring myself to gush over the "lettuce" joke, but that's on the writers, not Pinkie.

Fluttershy hasn't had much time to shine yet, but she was SO cute in that armor! Even cuter than Rainbow and that's a rare accomplishment indeed. Oh, and Rarity rocks this season. Her personality's still spot-on AND she became a crystal pony. Applejack's making up for lost screen time in a big way and I thought her song was awesome, I don't care what anyone says. Twilight hasn't featured much in my favorite episodes besides the Pinkie one, but in any case she's still adorkable. And Rainbow Dash is killing us with kindness. Whereas before she was only killing us with cuteness and awesomeness. She's getting downright dangerous to watch. :blink:  BUT I CAN'T STOP.

And now allow me to present the Mane 6 with a sweet surprise, just for being so gushable. Here it is...

55bf856dc2a47b39a0296a60b659c2a9.jpg

Surprise!!!

Edited by TailsAlone
  • Brohoof 2