Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Favorite Mane Six Pair Up?

Bluebird

I'm not sure if this topic has already been made and I apologize if it has but with the introduction of the Cutie Map and even before that, the mane six have often been paired up within episodes. So, which duo was your favorite? I enjoyed Rarity and Rainbow Dash quite a lot and if it counts, I really liked Pinkie and Applejack in "Pinkie Apple Pie."

• Brohoof 3

I'm not sure if this topic has already been made and I apologize if it has but with the introduction of the Cutie Map and even before that, the mane six have often been paired up within episodes. So, which duo was your favorite? I enjoyed Rarity and Rainbow Dash quite a lot and if it counts, I really liked Pinkie and Applejack in "Pinkie Apple Pie."

Same. Rainbow Dash is an even bigger polar opposite to Rarity than Applejack.

• Brohoof 1

Rarity and Applejack bickering is one of the things that pushed me into fandom. Although I like Applejack and Pinkie a lot from Pinkie Apple Pie. And this weekends Rarity and Pinkie was great to see (especially when Rare lost it).

Biggest bust for me was Twilight and Flutters: Hoofields and McColts has been my least favorite episode of the whole series too.

• Brohoof 2

Rainbow Dash and Pinkie Pie is one of my favorite Mane Six team-ups.  Back in season one and episodes like "Griffon the Brush Off" and "Over a Barrel," it seemed as though Dashie and Pinks were going to be hanging out plenty, but then it took until season five's "The Lost Treasure of Griffonstone" to see them get another whole episode to themselves.  The comics also seem to favor the Rainbow-and-Pinkie team.

Rainbow Dash and Applejack is another fun team-up; though theirs is often portrayed as more of a rivalry. xD  Which I'm fine with: By the end of an episode, they're still going to be great friends.  "Fall Weather Friends" is one of my favorite season one episodes, and it was good seeing them revive their friendly rivalry in "Castle-Mania."

Rainbow Dash (I think I sense a trend, here) and Fluttershy.  Far as I know, they've been friends with each other for longer than they have with any other members of the Mane Six, and I like how Rainbow has both been protective of Fluttershy and pushed her to be more assertive.  Rainbow has done Flutters far more good than Iron Will ever did, and "Hurricane Fluttershy" continues to be my favorite Fluttershy episode.  Season four's "Trade Ya!" also teamed Rainbow and Flutters in a way that I definitely enjoyed.

• Brohoof 2

Rainbow Dash and everyone else, but mostly Twilight and Rarity. I'm also partial to Rarity and Fluttershy, AJ and Twilight, And Pinkie and Rarity

I liked how Rarity and Applejack worked in "Sisterhooves Social". They matured beyond the petty differences in "Look Before You Sleep" and showed more of their similarities. Both are big sisters in absentee parent situations dealing with the responsibilities of setting a good example for their younger counterparts, and both are also in business, with Applejack supporting the family farm and Rarity trying to expand her own shop. Both could use each other's advice and support in order to deal with taking on such big responsibilities at an implied young age. Their interests couldn't be more different, but the content of their characters couldn't be more similar.

I'd give an honorable mention to Rarity and Rainbow Dash, as they both have the potential to take each other out of their comfort zones, and Applejack and Rainbow Dash, as their competitive nature and clash of characters (humility vs pride) make their shared moments very entertaining.

• Brohoof 3

(edited)

Rarity and Applejack have a really great "we have different interest but similar values" thing going on that's always very entertaining and makes for a lot of sweet and hilarious moments, they feel like they have the most evolved friendship of the cast at this point, typically going to the other when they have a problem and pretty much acting like an old married couple half the time at this point so they win this one. They've kind of gone from having a hard time standing each other at first to being practically inseperable and spending more time together than seemingly anyone else in the cast even if they do still frustrate each other sometimes.

We haven't gotten much of Rarity and Rainbow Dash but what we have gotten is really good, it's a bit similar to Rarijack in that it's like "we have different interest but we share this same kind of great ambition and desire to strive to improve ourselves" thing. Plus the times we DO get them, they get along surprisingly well. Like Rarity and Rainbow seem to fight and frustrate each other a lot less than say, Rarity and Applejack, Rainbow and Applejack or Twilight and Pinkie.

Applejack and Pinkie Pie ever since they started being paired up frequently a few seasons ago have developed a very fun and heartwarming dynamic and relationship and I always enjoy their shared episodes. 

Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy have made many heartwarming moments, and most of the time Fluttershy tends to bring out the best in Dash as seen in Hurricane Fluttershy. They've also apparently known each other the longest out of all the main cast.

Twilight and Applejack are interesting in that in SoL situations I think their a hard pairup to make particularly funny but in Adventure situations they work really well with Applejack basically usually serving as Twilight's Lancer.

There's more I like of course.

My least favorite though? Probably Twilight and Fluttershy, we don't get it much but the few times we have have been pretty boring (and the last time in particular I felt like Twilight's more eccentric personality just completely overwhelmed Fluttershy's more passive one and Fluttershy was pushed to the sidelines of an episode that she was the freaking hero of)

Edited by M'gann M'orzz
  • Brohoof 4

Favorite Pair-up: Rainbow Dash and Twilight

• This will forever be my favorite pair-up. They just play off each other so well. Especially in one of my all time favorite episodes, Testing Testing 123. I think a bit of Twi's eggheadedness has rubbed off on Dashie over the years  ^_^

Least favorite Pair-up: Fluttershy and Twilight

• I think there have only been 2 episodes in the entire show where these 2 were the main focus (A bird in the Hoof and The Hoofields and McColts). I was left rather unimpressed with the outcome. Unlike Dash-Twi, these 2 don't really have a lot to play off from each other.
  • Brohoof 1

Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy have made many heartwarming moments, and most of the time Fluttershy tends to bring out the best in Dash as seen in Hurricane Fluttershy. They've also apparently known each other the longest out of all the main cast.

The other great thing about Rainbow and Fluttershy is that you would think that Rainbow's personality would completely overpower Fluttershy, but it doesn't.

I want Fluttershy pairings, but they have GOT to be someone who listens and responds to her, or its just frustrating.  

I'd love to see her and Twilight, but that would be a BIG change in Twilight to not just take command.  

• Brohoof 1

Honestly, I'd like to see another Rainbow Dash and Applejack episode soon, because those two also seem like a good couple.

"fall weather friends" is one of my favorite episodes. : )

• Brohoof 1

The other great thing about Rainbow and Fluttershy is that you would think that Rainbow's personality would completely overpower Fluttershy, but it doesn't.

I want Fluttershy pairings, but they have GOT to be someone who listens and responds to her, or its just frustrating.  

I'd love to see her and Twilight, but that would be a BIG change in Twilight to not just take command.  

The great thing about Rainbow and Fluttershy being paired  is that Rainbow tends to be a little bit quieter and less "in your face," when they're paired together so that her personality doesn't overshadow Fluttershy's and I think that's one of the reasons why they work so well.

• Brohoof 2

FlutterDash, TwiDash, or RariDash

Fluttershy and Rainbow Dash being opposites go well together.

Twilight and Rainbow... 

Rarity and Rainbow... Rarity investigates

• Brohoof 1

My favorite mane six pair ups in no particular order are:

Rainbow Dash and Applejack

Rarity and Fluttershy

Rainbow Dash and Rarity 

Rarity and Pinkie Pie.

I know this is a really stupid question but what's an episode where Fluttershy and Rarity pair up? I'm trying to think of an episode but for whatever reason I'm completely drawing blanks.

I know this is a really stupid question but what's an episode where Fluttershy and Rarity pair up? I'm trying to think of an episode but for whatever reason I'm completely drawing blanks.

Green isn't your color. There was also some moments with the two in Castlemania

• Brohoof 1

Green isn't your color. There was also some moments with the two in Castlemania

Oh yeah, of course!

Surprised I forgot Castle Mania actually, seen as it's one of my favorites.