Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Favorite Mane Six Pair Up?

Bluebird

I'd say that my favorite Mane Six pair-up is probably Rainbow and Twilight. I'm sure at least part of that is that Twilight and Rainbow are the two of the Mane Six I like and relate to the most. But I think there are other reasons why they're a good pairing.

For one, they're both very good at, and share a kind of drive to excel in, their own specializations, and so I think they can understand and relate to each other, despite having different areas of expertise. I really enjoyed seeing Twilight cheer up and motivate Rainbow Dash in several episodes like "Read It And Weep", "Daring Don't", and "Testing Testing 1, 2, 3". I would really like to see that dynamic the other way around - Twilight feeling depressed or doubting herself and Rainbow picking her back up; to my recollection, I don't think that has really happened before.

I think Rainbow and Twilight could be fairly evenly matched in a rivalry, too. For example, we saw a bit of this in "Testing Testing 1, 2, 3", when Rainbow first surprised Twilight with her spitballs, but Twilight then caught her in the act, or how the two of them essentially argued to a draw before Fluttershy intervened.

However, Rainbow and Twilight can also complement each other and moderate each other's excesses. If the two of them were to go on an adventure together, Twilight would be more cautious, planning things out and using her magic and "book smarts", while Rainbow would be more spontaneous, ready for action and using her agility, strength, and "street smarts".

• Brohoof 1

I'd say that my favorite Mane Six pair-up is probably Rainbow and Twilight. I'm sure at least part of that is that Twilight and Rainbow are the two of the Mane Six I like and relate to the most. But I think there are other reasons why they're a good pairing.

For one, they're both very good at, and share a kind of drive to excel in, their own specializations, and so I think they can understand and relate to each other, despite having different areas of expertise. I really enjoyed seeing Twilight cheer up and motivate Rainbow Dash in several episodes like "Read It And Weep", "Daring Don't", and "Testing Testing 1, 2, 3". I would really like to see that dynamic the other way around - Twilight feeling depressed or doubting herself and Rainbow picking her back up; to my recollection, I don't think that has really happened before.

I think Rainbow and Twilight could be fairly evenly matched in a rivalry, too. For example, we saw a bit of this in "Testing Testing 1, 2, 3", when Rainbow first surprised Twilight with her spitballs, but Twilight then caught her in the act, or how the two of them essentially argued to a draw before Fluttershy intervened.

However, Rainbow and Twilight can also complement each other and moderate each other's excesses. If the two of them were to go on an adventure together, Twilight would be more cautious, planning things out and using her magic and "book smarts", while Rainbow would be more spontaneous, ready for action and using her agility, strength, and "street smarts".

I really do hope that Twilight and Rainbow are paired up for an adventure episode at some point in the future. I hadn't realized it before but I really enjoyed pretty much every single episode that focused on Twilight and Rainbow- especially "Testing Testing 1,2,3"

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

I really do hope that Twilight and Rainbow are paired up for an adventure episode at some point in the future. I hadn't realized it before but I really enjoyed pretty much every single episode that focused on Twilight and Rainbow- especially "Testing Testing 1,2,3"

Isn't that pretty much the only one though? Like I guess Daring Don't has a good amount of interaction but I can't think of any other pure "Twilight and Rainbow Dash" other than Testing Testing 1 2 3. Honestly until Season 4 Twilight and Rainbow Dash barely interacted at all I think.

Green isn't your color. There was also some moments with the two in Castlemania

Filli Vanilli has quite a bit of Fluttershy/Rarity too. 

Edited by M'gann M'orzz
  • Brohoof 1

Isn't that pretty much the only one though? Like I guess Daring Don't has a good amount of interaction but I can't think of any other pure "Twilight and Rainbow Dash" other than Testing Testing 1 2 3. 

It's one episode but it's a really good one with real good interaction between the two. Makes me really want to see the two together more often

• Brohoof 1

It's one episode but it's a really good one with real good interaction between the two. Makes me really want to see the two together more often

Yes it is a very good episode, but Im just saying, "I enjoyed every single episode focused on Twilight and Rainbow Dash" is basically just synonymous with saying "I liked Testing Testing 1 2 3"

Honestly, I'd like to see another Rainbow Dash and Applejack episode soon, because those two also seem like a good couple.

This is one I don't really get the appeal of, every time we've seen them paired up it always feel like it just defaults to same "LETS COMPETE!" thing, I mean their part of CastleMania basically just felt like Fall Weather Friends 2 never seems to be much else to it. I mean it's been seasons since they've done much of anything together so maybe next time they are paired up it'll be more interesting.

Yes it is a very good episode, but Im just saying, "I enjoyed every single episode focused on Twilight and Rainbow Dash" is basically just synonymous with saying "I liked Testing Testing 1 2 3"

This is one I don't really get the appeal of, every time we've seen them paired up it always feel like it just defaults to same "LETS COMPETE!" thing, I mean their part of CastleMania basically just felt like Fall Weather Friends 2 never seems to be much else to it. I mean it's been seasons since they've done much of anything together so maybe next time they are paired up it'll be more interesting.

That's a good point actually, they've had bits and pieces together throughout but not many full episodes paired together.

I completely agree with the Rainbow and Applejack pair. I really like the pair up, both Fall Weather Friends and CastleMania being some of my favorite episodes but both times it has been heavily focused on their rivalry, hoping for a change-up the next time they are put together.

• 8 years later...
2 minutes ago, Iforgotmybrain said:

Rarijack and Flutterdash are by far my favorites.

I guess not everyone agrees with what I selected.

I would say Applejack and Rainbow Dash due to their rivalry, but I remembered that I really like the "teacher and student" interactions that Twilight and Dash have in Season 4 Episode 21, I really wish there were more of them, so I choose the latter :dry::-P