167 users have voted

1. 1. Who of the Mane Six has the best songs/voice

• Fluttershy
    • Twilight Sparkle
    • Rarity
    • Pinkie Pie
    • Rainbowdash
    • Applejack

Because we all know we like specific songs but let's talk about the voices themselves!

Here's mine:

Rarity>Twilight=Pinkie>Rainbow=Applejack>Fluttershy

I think Celestia sings somewhere but I don't recall where so I'm just leaving her out.

Now, just because Fluttershy is last doesn't mean I don't like it. Keep that in mind. :P

Hmm, difficult! I really like Rainbow's part in "At The Gala" but also in that Rarity's is fantastic

Do we hear Rainbow sing much?

Pinkie and Twilight and Fluttershy all tie, tho I'm not always so keen on the types of songs Flluttershy sings

How much does Applejack sing? Is she voiced by any of the same singers as another?

• Brohoof 1

I really like Twilights singing voice. It just appeals to me.

I feel like Rarity has the strongest singing voice. She seems to have more experience...

Fluttershy has a nice singing voice, but only gets quiet songs. I want to hear her sing something with a bit more pizazz!

Pinkie has the same voice actress as FS, but her singing is pretty good too! I like her in the jumpier songs though.

Rainbow always sounds awesome when she sings, but Applejack kind of sounds weird. It's odd since they share a voice actress also... Maybe it's just harder to sing as AJ...

Looking at the credited voice actors and singers, Rainbow doesn't have a credited singer, so I guess her voice actor Ashleigh Ball is the singer too, which makes sense because she IS a singer.

• Brohoof 1

Rarity's is best. She has a wonderful performance and sounds Exactly like Rarity.

Rainbow Dash and Applejack are second (same singer so I lumped them together).

Pinkie Pie's singing voice is interesting, because it's not always good (evil enchantress), but it works in the context of her character. But she is really good in the longer songs like Winter Wrap Up and At the Gala.

Fluttershy is good, but nothing too special.

Twilights is probably the worst, mostly because it doesn't sound a lot like her, especially when she goes into the high note. It sounds like she lip syncing at points.

• Brohoof 1

Personally, I think Rarity has the "best" singing voice. Having said that, my favorite singing voice is Twilight's. I can't really explain it though.

I'd say Pinkie has the next best singing voice, then RD, then Fluttershy, then Applejack.

Applejack just seems to have... awkward parts in songs. Take her part in the Winter Wrap Up song for example.

Applejack's last, simply because they try to keep her singing voice in line with her speaking voice. Ruins her range, IMO.

Otherwise, Twilight/Rarity, Pinkie, Fluttershy, and Rainbow.

Art of the Dress infects people apparently. LOL

I think the only louder song Fluttershy sings is the one where she falls down from Cloudsdale in the Cutie Mark Chronicles flashback.

As for Rainbow, her singing voice doesn't necessarily match her talking voice sometimes but when she sings it's amazing.

Now...as for why Pinkie ranks so high for me. Yesterday I had Giggle at the Ghosties stuck in my head and then...when I heard it in my head and listened to the song I realized that her singing voice in that song, though the content is silly as can be as Pinkie's personality warrants, is actually really good. Then I think back to Cupcakes and it's the same. Silly song, but she still makes it sound amazing.

Don't forget Sweetie Belle! I love her in Hush No, Quiet Now. Actually, I really like Fluttershy's voice in that one too, for the little bit she actually sings.

I'd agree that Rarity is the best overall, but I like all of their voices. It really varies on the songs who has the best voices after Rarity. Twilight is very nice (even it doesn't always sound like her :)) Pinkie Pie sometimes sounds great, other times she sounds like me :D

I'd like to hear Spike singing a few songs :)

I think that Rarity is the best singer. I also like Pinkie's a lot, but I'm not sure if that's the songs she gets or her actual voice.

I had to think about it after I had Giggle at the Ghosties stuck in my head and I realized that it's a little of both.

They matched the perfect voice for those songs is probably why it works so well.

Oh yeah Sweetie Belle's got a nice voice. If they could have recorded her singing all of the Cutie Mark Crusaders song it would have been fabulous, or at the very least recorded it with her leading and other two chorusing. I mean it wouldn't have worked for the episode, but maybe it could have been the play-out song instead of the theme song?

(edited)

I do believe I heard somewhere they recorded a "fixed" version of the Cutie Mark Crusaders song but I've never seen it anywhere.

I've also heard of a possible soundtrack so they may just put it on there or wait until a later episode.

Of course, I have only hearsay to back up this claim. :blush:

Edited by Discordian

I do believe I heard somewhere they recorded a "fixed" version of the Cutie Mark Crusaders song but I've never seen it anywhere.

I've also heard of a possible soundtrack so they may just put it on there or wait until a later episode.

Of course, I have only hearsay to back up this claim. :blush:

I have heard of that too, I believe it was in an interview on the Bronyville podcast with one of the animators, probably Sibsy. I seem to recall she said she had a copy of it that she'd play while driving, and was quite disappointed they ended up going with the "bad" version for the show.

And I keep hearing mention of a soundtrack CD too, I wish Hasbro would hurry up and release hard information about this! Christmas is coming up and so is my birthday!