Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Which of the Mane Six has the biggest ego?

Azureth

Which of the Mane Six has the biggest ego?  

62 users have voted

1. 1. Which of the Mane Six has the biggest ego?

• Twilight Sparkle
    • Rainbow Dash
    • Applejack
    • Pinkie Pie
    • Rarity
    • Fluttershy

It's a close toss-up between Rainbow Dash and Rarity. I think Dash is easily the loudest about her ego, but deep down I think she does harbor a lot of insecurities. She is definitely proud and confident, but a lot of it is bravado too. Rarity is incredibly vain in that she really does think she's a fabulous and beautiful pony, as she has made clear numerous times.

Pinkie Pie is probably third. She has made statements about her own adorable appearance, and she knows she's the best party pony ever.

The other three are less pretentious. Twilight has her high horse moments where she thinks she's always right, but time and again she's shown herself to be a mostly humble pony. Fluttershy has the least amount of self-worth, but she knows where her skills lie. Applejack has just the right amount of ego. She's prideful, but she is very modest too. She tends to get flustered or embarrassed when complimented or doted on.

• Brohoof 2

It's not even a close contest. Rainbow Dash has the biggest ego. She's got such an ego she'd brag about winning this contest.

All the others (Except maybe Fluttershy) have had their moments of pride, some deserved, and some not, but none more consistently (and constantly) than Dash.

Naw -- She'd be upset that she ONLY got 93% of the poll and would be casting about for the two people who chose Fluttershy.

Weeell...I'm at a tie between Applejack and Rainbow.
Both can have stubborn attitudes, and pretty full on themselves sometimes.

I voted Rainbow Dash, but I'll put them in the order that I think they go in.

1. Rainbow Dash
  2. Rarity
  3. Applejack
  4. Twilight Sparkle
  5. Pinkie Pie
  6. Fluttershy

Fluttershy has more of an un-ego than anything.

Why did some users vote for Fluttershy? I just don't get it.

• Brohoof 2

The poll, it shows the truth! I agree with many people here. Rainbow Dash has the biggest ego out of the rest of them. For example, in the episode The Mysterious Mare Do Well she tries to be the hero, but as time goes on, the fame goes to her head. She cares less about the ponies she's trying to save, and is more concerned about herself. Don't get me wrong, Rainbow Dash isn't a bad pony at all, she cares about her friends, and other ponies, and she's the Element of Loyalty, but she just needs to deflate her ego a bit.

• Brohoof 2

The poll, it shows the truth! I agree with many people here. Rainbow Dash has the biggest ego out of the rest of them. For example, in the episode The Mysterious Mare Do Well she tries to be the hero, but as time goes on, the fame goes to her head. She cares less about the ponies she's trying to save, and is more concerned about herself. Don't get me wrong, Rainbow Dash isn't a bad pony at all, she cares about her friends, and other ponies, and she's the Element of Loyalty, but she just needs to deflate her ego a bit.

Yep agreed you have a point there 

(edited)

Got to also mention Fall Weather Friends... she resorts to cheating so she could win, and in Boast Busters she does admit to saying showing off is what she does not Trixie. Trixie would definitely be a challenge on ego with RD.

I don't know how Twilight could have an ego when she was hiding from Trixie whereas Pinkie Pie was out for Cheese Sandwich. Pinkie Pie also had an episode when the others didn't go to her party and she got mad about this.

Applejack had her moments on that episode where she says she could get all the apples collected alone same episode she was getting praised. But she's less egotistical than Pinkie imo because most of her faults comes from helping others out.

Edited by cider float
  • Brohoof 2

I think I know who of the Mane Six has the biggest ego: It's Rainbow Dash herself.

I honestly don't know who would be second, but there's a huge gap between them and RD.

• 8 years later...

Rainbow Dash is the obvious choice, she has even admitted it. :please: And her human version even sings a song dedicated entirely to her own awesomeness.

But in spite of that all, I still didn't expect her to dominate the poll to that extent.

• Brohoof 2

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...