Derpy, Princess Celestia, and Princess Luna paintings :D

crazitaco

A couple days ago i downloaded a cool art app called ArtRage on my new iPhone. So of course the first thing i make is ponies. ^^

(derpy was the first serious attempt at anything, which is why its the least developed)

btw i highly recommend that art program. its friggin awesome sauce

post-9848-0-69090200-1358119579_thumb.jpg

post-9848-0-42160100-1358119818_thumb.jpg

post-9848-0-32070500-1358120772_thumb.jpg

Edited by crazitaco
  • Brohoof 7

Wow! Those all look very well, done, and I love the style. Though Derpy's wrinkles on her nose seems a bit too thick, there's no other criticisms I can think off. All around great work.

Bloody hell!  In a good way of course.  I love the Celestia pic.  It's very, very well done.   These pictures are absolutely amazing.  I love the Luna one too. 

Yeah,  you're not going to get many criticisms from me.  I honestly think you nailed this.  

(edited)

Wow! Those all look very well, done, and I love the style. Though Derpy's wrinkles on her nose seems a bit too thick, there's no other criticisms I can think off. All around great work.

lol yeah, at the time i couldn't figure out how to change the size of the brush strokes and just left it that way.

now that i take another look, luna seems to lack shoulders.... oh well. too late, no going back xD

Edited by crazitaco

A couple days ago i downloaded a cool art app called ArtRage on my new iPhone. So of course the first thing i make is ponies. ^^

(derpy was the first one, which is why its the least developed)

Wow, I must say those are some really nice arworks. I am loving the Princess Luna one for obvious reasons :P

The Princess Celestia painting looks really awesome too and Derpy looks really adorable :wub:

All in all, I give these I give Derpy a 9/10 (I minused one mostly because her snout looks a bit off)

Princess Celestia gets a 15/10 because that one looks really awesome

And Princess Luna gets a 20/10 because, well... Princess Luna...

She's the beauty of the night and I would have to say you displayed that quite well :3

Keep up the awesome work there :)

I would give Derpy a 7\10 because his eye is not totally attached to his head, the snout looks off and the picture kinda looks 'off', Celestia is 10\10 and luna is 12\10...plus two point for being best pony. You really mastered the program after your first attempt. Great job.

I would give Derpy a 7\10 because his eye is not totally attached to his head, the snout looks off and the picture kinda looks 'off', Celestia is 10\10 and luna is 12\10...plus two point for being best pony. You really mastered the program after your first attempt. Great job.

his?? did ya just call Derpy a male? xD

Derpy is the best female pony of course. silly silly.

(Of course i accept and agree with your criticism though)

• Brohoof 1

Oh my God, you did this on your iPhone? You deserve applause. How?!

My critique:

I don't really like the first drawing, because Derpy's head looks really long and her nose is wobbly; this was your first try, though, so no worries.  Luna's eyelids, while well blended, are really long and it looks like some invisible hand is pulling on the ends. Try making them less elongated/drawn out. Luna's neck is also too thin, I think. The only thing about Celestia that bothers me is that her neck is a little thick. 

Where do I start? So many good things about this! I love the type of pen thingy drawing tool you used - it gets thick and thin as you co, so it accents the more important parts and makes them more prominent (a.k.a. makes it look cool). In the Derpy drawing, the bubbles in the background are really cool; nice work with the blending there. I like how you added just a little bit of shading to the drawings - it makes them look really cool and soft, assuming that's the look you were going for. And the stars in Celestia's mane are really cool and sparkly, but remember....Luna has those stars, too. Lastly, but not least(ly), I love the details on Celestia's crown and necklace - it looks like you put a lot of work into those!

Overall, good job, very good job. Keep Drawing!

(edited)

Oh my God, you did this on your iPhone? You deserve applause. How?!

Hehe, that's what the zoom feature is for (it can zoom in ridiculously close, otherwise i couldn't have done the crown details). That, and the undo button certainly helped. The program also allows for layering similar to photoshop, so its easy to make adjustments.

Unfortunately, i accidentally overwrited the Luna painting long before i thought to add stars in her mane =( it was only saved as a screenshot, which is why the quality on that one is kinda bad compared to the other two)

oh yeah, thanks for the critique ^^

Edited by crazitaco
  • Brohoof 1

I will have to try this app... It is free right? (nevermind, found it on itunes... :( )

Amazing drawings! Especially Celestia and Luna!

Is it alright if I use those as ipod/ipad backgrounds if I put your username in them somewhere?

I don't know what all of these taco things are coming from, but your avatar is cracking me up right now

Edited by jreidsma

your friggin awesome sauce too. If thats your first picture, than you really have a great natural talent. You need to use that talent.. Amazing drawing, cant see anything wrong with them

I will have to try this app... It is free right? (nevermind, found it on itunes... :( )

Amazing drawings! Especially Celestia and Luna!

Is it alright if I use those as ipod/ipad backgrounds if I put your username in them somewhere?

I don't know what all of these taco things are coming from, but your avatar is cracking me up right now

wait, its not free? D:

... *checks itunes* wahh?

weird, it WAS free when i downloaded it. don't know why it isn't now =(

If its just for personal use, sure :3 you don't have to put my username on it unless you want to, lol.

• Brohoof 1

Oh my, these are all absolutely fantastic! :)  Honestly, I've never seen this particular style of drawing the ponies; hope to see more art from you soon using ArtRage crazitaco!!!  Keep up the great work!!!  :D

Not bad, I dig this kind of style and I really like high contrast work. If you want some actual criticism, Derpy almost looks too derpish.

Derpy lookin too derpish?

That's like saying a pineapple tastes too pineapply :U doesn't make senes

OT: I like the drawing. Can't say I love the style, but I like how you drew Celestia's crown.

ok im in love with luna! this the best painting i have seen of her and the detail is spot on. i also like the looking down with eyes closed but with a small smile almost in approval. great work!