Your experience with disasters

khaine21x3

I woke up this morning to find out that my entire city has been flooded, most schools and medical facilities have been shut down and the traffic is really bad due to the floods.I wasn't entirely prepared for such an event so I hadn't stockpiled good food and I'm stuck with a bunch of basic carb and sugary snacks.

At least the electricity and internet are still working right now, it would be real bad if the electricity stopped working and all the fresh produce in the fridge rots.

• Brohoof 1

I've been hit with two big hurricanes. The first dropped a very large tree on my house, hitting right where my room is, in addition to killing all of the power and water in my area. Oh, and the internet was out.

The second lasted much longer, and we had a generator so it was better, but I still had to fetch lakewater to use the toilet, and there was no internet. The flooding was terrible and getting fuel for the generator and car was a nightmare.

I've also suffered through some wicked snowstorms before, but I'm more used to those.

My experience with disasters was back in October last year with Hurricane Sandy. It really sent my hometown in devastation, my friends were left with no electricity for a very long time. I felt so bad for my friends.

The UK is completely free of tornadoes, earthquakes and hurricanes, so I'm super glad. Also, I thankfully live in a pretty well-drained and high-elevated area, so floods are never an issue like in some badly-drained lower parts of the UK. Can't remember which place exactly, but I remember seeing on the news up to 1.5 metres deep of water in some streets. Flowing like a water slide.

The UK is completely free of tornadoes, earthquakes and hurricanes, so I'm super glad. Also, I thankfully live in a pretty well-drained and high-elevated area, so floods are never an issue like in some badly-drained lower parts of the UK. Can't remember which place exactly, but I remember seeing on the news up to 1.5 metres deep of water in some streets. Flowing like a water slide.

While we certainly don't get the scale of tornadoes like some countries do they're not an uncommon occurrence, especially in the South West it seems.

Although where I live hasn't been hit by anything remotely disastrous I was visiting a friend during the massive floods in 2009 up in Cumbria. I remember watching people across the road getting airlifted away.

While we certainly don't get the scale of tornadoes like some countries do they're not an uncommon occurrence, especially in the South West it seems.

Although where I live hasn't been hit by anything remotely disastrous I was visiting a friend during the massive floods in 2009 up in Cumbria. I remember watching people across the road getting airlifted away.

I must have seen ten news stories about floods, but never about tornadoes. So any that do pop up can't be too bad. I might just be uninformed though.

So you live in London too? That's cool. (SW London for the win :3)

I must have seen ten news stories about floods, but never about tornadoes. So any that do pop up can't be too bad. I might just be uninformed though.

So you live in London too? That's cool. (SW London for the win :3)

The most that they do is knock of a few tiles from houses and maybe cause some damage to a few trees, other than that they're not very dangerous at all.

I'm actually west of London in the Bucks area, where nothing happens!