Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What was the best experience of your life?

Gambit

Going to BronyCon the past weekend. Buying things in the vendor's hall, going to panels, and just talking to some bronies I hadn't met before, those were some of the things I enjoyed about it. My favorite part of it was BronyPalooza. I danced like crazy there, but it resulted in my legs hurting for the next few days. Note to self: don't wear sandals at BronyPalooza.

• Brohoof 1

I hate being cheesy and lovey-dovey and such. Makes me feel sick. So I'm just going to say this in a very casual detached way.

Meeting a man that become a very good friend of mine in real life off of these forums and then him taking me to the Olive Garden for my first ever physical date. That was pretty fun. That whole week when he first visited was fun actually. Never did laugh so much in my entire life. Not much in my life was cause for so much laughing until I met him. 

We'll be getting married eventually, but I probably wouldn't say my wedding day even when we did. Because that's not important to me, actually. I'll just add on to this. I already know I love him, and a wedding's just for legal benefits/a formality. So I mean, you know what? I think this whole "him living with me for the past two years" has been the best experience of my life in general. Sure, there were SO many sucky parts and adjustment periods, but it hasn't been as bad as the rest of my life. That part sucked real ass.

I can probably say that the best future experience of my life will be finally being freed of the clutches of my mother's house forever. That means I'm officially his to me more than a ceremony. Also, the thing that contributed to the rest of my life's suckiness will be gone.

I would have to say getting free tickets to a diamondbacks game from our mascot. All I did was tell him I was a big fan of his and my special needs and such... it wound up being a email about us discussing tickets to his birthday bash! I feel like it was a very nice gesture of him to do that. <3

Oh and same for me would be also meeting my soulmate as well~

Edited by Princess of the Moon
  • Brohoof 1

There's a number of experiences... None I can really put at top? I don't know... Almost all of them are bittersweet, now.

The first thing that comes to mind is high school marching band... Especially in my senior year. In my junior year I didn't have my own spot, and hardly even tried - that's putting it lightly. I have been ashamed of that since the moment it happened... And I am extremely lucky that the directors gave me another chance in my senior year. I couldn't realize that at the time, because I was too obsessed with concert season drama. Not only did they give me a second chance, I ended up with my own spot. And then the season was amazing. What made it so magic in particular was that we were emotionally charged after the season before that just really was disappointing on many levels. We took that emotional charge and took our program to new heights - to put it lightly. But no, it wasn't about trophies. Our goal was making finals on the national level. We wanted that last performance. And we got it!

I want to put my orchestra trip a couple of years ago, too, but I kind of (no really) soured it by breaking my instrument. Regardless, the whole experience was a dream come true for me. I never imagined I'd get to be in an orchestra of that level, and I never imagined I'd get to go sit on the stage of such a gorgeous concert hall.

There's also my friendship/past relationship. It's, of course, not a happy love story like the rest of y'all - I don't really know what's going on right now, and I don't know what's going to happen in the future - if we just have to separate from each other in entirety or if we move closer again... But if the first is the case, I enjoyed every moment of happiness we've had! She was the first friend I ever came out to, and the first person altogether that gave me support. And her and her family have always kind of pushed me out of my comfort zone and helped me have some fun I would have normally not had... I wish this experience would continue. T.T

• Brohoof 1

Going to Everfree Northwest in May is easily my favorite experience. It was my first ever convention, and it definitely won't be my last. Not only did I get an excuse to get out of school for a few days, I also got to drive all the way across Washington and see a lot of awesome things along the way. Seeing Seattle for the first time in a few years was great. I met Lee Tockar, who complimented my voice (and sort of forcing me to go into voice acting at the same time). I also met a lot of awesome people in the fandom, too.

I know I've had some pretty happy moments in my life, but I'm not sure if I'd consider them experiences... does the past year count, maybe? I've met a lot of amazing people throughout it, and though I've been out of education for most of it, I feel like I've been learning so much. :)

• 3 weeks later...

Well, this is a tough question.

It's difficult to choose one outstanding moment, but I can think of a few that rank up there. Attending the Foo Fighters concert last weekend definitely ranks up there, one of the best nights of my life seeing my favourite band of all time for the first time :D Additionally my high school prom, it was a laugh, but sadly it was the last time I saw some people. 

Also seeing my football team (Norwich City) promoted at Wembley last May ranks up there :P

Edited by Raritas

Unfortunately I have never known love and do not expect to ever do so, so I can't give that answer, as much as I wish I could.

The best experiences of my life have been two things.

One is meeting my friends over the past year. I have always been something of a loner (hence why I don't expect to ever have a relationship or get married) and until I joined the fandom I had not had any friends for almost a decade.

I had pretty much given up all hope of ever having a friend until joining the fandom introduced me to new people with mutual interests.

The other is the live music events I have attended. For me, there is nothing more incredible than a rock concert. The music, the atmosphere. It's an experience which cannot be described, you have to live it.

My first concert was Iron Maiden and it was amazing. But the best I've ever been to was Paul McCartney earlier this year. It was a night I'll never forget.

• 4 years later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...

My trip to wizardary world! It was like a blast of my childhood came to me and washed away all these 10 years of shit during my adulthood. I literally cried out of happiness. I never felt such happiness since my 8th grade school play. Sadly it only lasted a day.:maud: And back to my old self again.

The day that I released some tigers from a zoo into an orphanage.

I've had a lot of good moments in life and a lot of fond memories. But the best experience for me is still yet to come. I'm still at the stage in my life where I'm working towards earning it.

Best would probably be having my daughter (not the actual act of giving birth but becoming a mom). 

Runners up:

Getting my job at Disneyland.

Seeing Return of the Jedi in a theater for the first time.

Seeing Beauty and the Beast Broadway show the first time.

I know, meeting hubby should be in there, but I don't want him to get big headed. 

• 1 month later...